Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
There has been no credible information regarding PS4/One versions of the PS, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

When you guys say the game's significantly shorter than BL2, how short do you mean?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

mycot posted:

BL2 mainquest usually gets pegged around 40 hours, right? The presequel is at most 20 including sidequests. (This was verified literally by the 24 hour charity stream that finished the game.)

Alien Rope Burn posted:

It's about 2/3rds as long, I'd say, speaking roughly. If Borderlands 2 (minus DLC) was about 20-30 hours, Pre-Sequel is more like 15-22.

Thanks. Unfortunate since these games are supposed to be time sinks, but I'll probably still pick up the ps4 version if that ends up happening , especially if the DLC is bundled.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The Pre Sequel and BL2 are coming to Ps4 and xbox one after all. $60 remaster w/ I believe all the DLC. There's also a $400 version that comes w/ a claptrap.

http://borderlandsthegame.com/index.php/news/borderlands-2-and-borderlands-the-pre-sequel-come-to-next-gen-in-borderland

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Mokinokaro posted:

Malawan seem the most obvious with the idea they've been setting things up behind the scenes the whole time but there's also Jakob's.

Jakob's was featured in The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I wasn't a fan of the humor, but more to the point felt Jack was too dark a character. Some of the stuff he does was genuinely upsetting and just felt out of place next to the fart jokes. Dark and twisted as the setting is, it has a fundamentally goofy tone.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

It's not a question of humor. I can do w/o a woman (Lilith) being repeatedly stabbed by her captor in my Borderlands (offscreen, but so what).

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

not a fan of daggering in general, tbqh

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

So Burch is not writing BL3 because... he's leaving gearbox to write a new Freddy Wong production.

https://mobile.twitter.com/reverendanthony/status/561165708139446273

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Handsome Collection won't let you use the Presequel characters in BL2, will it?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Do people have problems quickly emptying out Jakobs guns w/ a controller? I gave BL2 a console test run on the ps3 today, and multiple times the gun stopped firing mid "magazine" when quickly feathering the trigger. I consciously made sure to pull the trigger to the end the third time this happened to make sure it wasn't my fault, but it still choked. (To be clear, this did not occur ever time I fast fired).

This was with a dual shock 4 btw, so maybe that's related? I haven't had problems w/ the controller before, however.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Pope Guilty posted:

Does this only happen with Jakobs guns? Are you just repeatedly hitting the trigger and after a certain point it stops responding?

Well it's easiest to tell with Jakobs guns because of their unlimited fire rate. The game acts as if it stops registering trigger pulls after a few mashes.

This was with R2. Changing FIRE back to R1 it starts working fine (and is obviously inherently easier to mash), but I'd prefer to use R2.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Pope Guilty posted:

Do you have similar issues with rapidly pulling R2 for other uses? Does this occur in other games?

No, but, tbf nothing will get you tapping triggers as fast as a Jakobs revolver.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Is there a PC interface for imputing console shift codes? Copy/pasting makes things go a little quicker.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I haven't done much loot grinding before and would like to keep it that way (I went through Doc Mercy 20+ times before swearing it off - back on my steam save). So it was nice for Savage Lee to drop an Unkempt Harold on the third try, just as I was about to move on.

It was probably my favorite gun from my previous runs.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Chasiubao posted:

Smartglass (TM)

Playstation. I'll have to see if they have an equivalent implantation. (Not on the ps3, for sure, though).

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I usually don't have issues w/ console FOVs, but playing BL2 on the ps3 has felt a bit disorienting and given me headaches after longer sessions. Please tell me there's an FOV slider in Handsome.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Chasiubao posted:

Nope, sorry. Digital Foundry has their usual comparison up. FOV reduced from PC, no slider.

Bleh. Maybe it's a bit wider than last gen? Maybe the increased frame rate will help...or something?

I mean, I'm still getting it eventually, but bummer.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Okay so I want to finally try out this nonsense. I'm a few hours away from the final boss (on normal).

What's the recommended quick way of getting to lvl 50 once I can access tvhm? (BL2/PS3)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Dr.Smasher posted:

Add me and we can kill stuff together on PS3. PSN: DrSmasher

That's really cool of you, but at the moment I want a bit of alone-time grinding. Thank you, though.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Not sure what the ratio is of times the Baby Maker has gotten me out impossible situations versus the times it's killed me during accidental looting reloads.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Solumin posted:

My one complaint about The Pre-Sequel is the lack of a wide variety of interesting loot. I think it's largely that I'm spoiled by all the DLC weaponry from BL2, but there don't seem to be a lot of good red text weapons.
On the other hand, regular weapons are actually worth using in this game. Plus it sounds like the Claptrap DLC added a bunch of cool weapons, so maybe this issue would be resolved if the game had more content coming.
Another part of it is that I played so much UVHM with a basically fixed inventory that I don't expect regular weapons to be useful anymore. (Melee Zer0 -- all I needed was a Rubi/Grog Nozzle, Rapier and Hide of Terramorphous. Why bother with anything else?)

Any legendary carryovers in PS from 2?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Solumin posted:

They do have the same skin though, which makes it more confusing.

That's pretty drat lazy.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

It's still early days - a few levels into TVHM - but was wondering what people like using as slag weapons? I'm pretty certain you can get through TVHM w/o a dedicated slag weapon, but I want to try it out. Is it worth the grenade slot? (BL2)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Shifty Pony posted:

What character? If you are playing Axton the slag turret is invaluable.

My best luck for normal weapons was a slag Critical Thinking single barrel hyperion shotgun. The lower slag percentage versus something like a maliwan pistol was more than compensated by a larger magazine, higher fire rate, and it just being much harder to miss with a shotgun. Oh and the chance is per pellet so it was a nearly guaranteed slag at close range.

Maya. Ruin is great, of course.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Father Wendigo posted:

They upped the drop rates in both games for the next week or so to celebrate the Handsome Collection dropping.

I have seen no evidence of this. I wonder how infinitesimal the change is.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

PSA: the music in BL2 is still great.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Greenplastic posted:

Sorry for going on about drops, but drat, these easter droprates should just be permanent. This is how the game should be. I've been poopsocking like mad, but still - this is the final haul of random drops today:

- Mongol
- Legendary Baroness Mod
- Fusillade
- 2x Torrent
- Legendary Turtle
- 3x Eridian Vanquisher
- 2x Moonlight Saga
- Nasty Surprise
- Prismatic Bulwark
- 3x Shooting Star
- 3DD1.E oz kit
- Maggie
- Storm Front

That's 19 legendaries in a day! Plus the Cheat Code from Jack. I've never played on PC so I've never been able to cheatengine, but now I wish I could.

I've seen 1 legendary (at a vendor) over the past 3 days, in ~18 hours of play. BL2, TVHM, PS3, connected online.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

These last few levels of TVHM (I'm in Sawtooth Cauldron) are giving me a much harder time than my PC run. Most of that is the KBM>controller, but my gear is also crappier. I slightly tuned the loot tables on PC, and was almost always at least all blue. Now I'm constantly using green weapons, and feel I'm behind in one or two areas all the time.

Only 50% or so of golden key gear has been useful, and I don't want to over do it w/ the keys.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Ultimate Mango posted:

Wait. You can load a save from 360 onto the Bone? Can you go 360 to PS4? I would buy on PS4 if that were the case. Not likely to do the Bone.
What manner of sorcery is this?

Only Xbox 360 to Xbox One and Playstation 3 to Playstation 4, unfortunately.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

2k Australia is no more.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/04/2k-australia-in-canberra-closes-its-doors/

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Do Gaige and Krieg not get personal echo recorders, or am I missing something?

The environments in Pre-Sequel have been pretty sparse so far, and jetpack platforming is a lot more frustrating than I was hoping.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Is it me, or is Badassasaurus an awful boss fight?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

General advice for Anarchy with Mechromancer? (I'm level 20 something. Changing trees because Deathtrap kept stealing my partner's Krieg FFYL kills)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

- it should go without saying but put all 5 points into close enough to compensate for the accuracy loss
- invest in preshrunk cyberpunk all the way too
- blood soaked shields is a wickedly good skill and should be invested in, you can use cooking up trouble to regenerate health with a full clip, and if your gun reloads every shot (like jakobs shotguns do) you will always regenerate health
- robot rampage is one of deathtraps better skills and is worth the point imo
- typecast iconoclast is also pretty good but it doesn't need to be maxed out, the points can go elsewhere if you can't spare them
- rational anarchist helps get the ball rolling but it's not essential
- discord is essential, so that you don't lose stacks if you accidentally reload and also to help with bosses that are hard to hit. it can also be used to reduce stacks if the anarchy is too much
- jacobs shotguns will build stacks incredibly quickly and the high pellet count will mean you always hit something, it should be your main weapon unless you find a legendary that does the job better (hydra, conference call etc.). a torgue shotgun is an acceptable substitute
- don't bother with death from above or with claws, death from above is glitched and doesn't do much damage anyway and gaige isn't built for melee
- because of how mathematics works, you should only put one point into nth degree because it has diminishing returns
- a side effect of smaller, lighter, faster is that the gun infinity is reduced to a clip of 0 size and can't be used, so if you have your heart set on it i'm sorry for your loss

generally though, feel free to experiment. respecs are cheap enough to do so

Appreciate it.

Close Enough probably doesn't go great with a Fuel the Rampage (friendly fire) Krieg.

It's probably because my Gaige isn't built to abuse the mechanic, but I rarely reach the max Anarchy cap, so I think Preshrunk Cyberpunk would be excessive. I have two mainslot shotguns, but I'll stick to long range support a lot of the time. Sniper rifles are actually quite usable within the initial 150 anarchy cap, and the Anarchy boost makes up for the less frequent crits.

Blood Soaked Shileds indeed seems like a great skill. I want to pair it with a massive Pangolin shield.

I do really need to find a good low magazine Jakobs shotty.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

- a side effect of smaller, lighter, faster is that the gun infinity is reduced to a clip of 0 size and can't be used, so if you have your heart set on it i'm sorry for your loss

haha

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

It's funny how much better BL2 is than TPS despite initially looking similar. I don't hate it but am I ever happy I didn't pay full price for it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Is there a way to softly descend without slamming if you're high enough to slam? (I want to say the tutorial message way back when said you tap the button instead of holding it, but that never worked for me).

Also, in certain areas you have less jetpack lift, correct? I thought maybe it was areas with an atmosphere, but you can do full jumps in Concordia.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

MooCowlian posted:

Tapping the button should work for a non slam descent. It seems to be if the key is down when you hit the ground, you'll slam, so maybe you're just a slow tapper?

Nope. Just tried it again with very short taps and from high up. Always slams.

PS4, if relevant.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I figured it out: it's tied to the crouch setting. You always slam if it's set to toggle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

TPS actually had a few decent boss fights. At least as far as BL standards go.

• Locked thread