Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kaysette posted:

There is no playable siren. What will I do??? :ohdear:
Wait for the Angel DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ankle-biter posted:

I hope Claptrap doesn't need to get oxygen like the other characters...cause you know...robot's don't have lungs.
"Boy, it sure would be nice if Handsome Jack hadn't programmed me to need oxygen just so he could watch me asphyxiate for fun!"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm hopeful about the improved movement, since that was my biggest issue with BL2. Definitely picking up the GOTY of this in a few years when it's $15.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dexters Secret posted:

For a game that is built off the same core mechanics of BL2, I expected to see some quality of life improvements. There are none to be found.
What about the rumored increased mobility? Is dodging actually a possible thing now?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Father Wendigo posted:

And a bonus for multiple Ack Ack users, so you get bonuses for stacks and flaks while shooting rakks when you do it in packs! :suicide:
Ah yes, the famed "Cathy Mode."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Angel turned her mother into Claptrap, hence why Jack was willing to spare it when he destroyed all the others. This is canon.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

As long as I can get a Torgue melee weapon called the AXEPLOSION I have no problems with this.

Edit: Obviously it would be a guitar, not an axe.

FactsAreUseless fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 19, 2014

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Attestant posted:

To be fair, the bandits of Pandora could use a good wiping out. Most of them really are raging, murderous lunatics.
Raging, murderous lunatics whose bodies spontaneously generate guns, ammo, and treasure. They are vital to the economy of Pandora. Bandits are a cash crop.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Borderlands shares a lot of the same tone as the Ratchet and Clank series, which is also all about weapons companies taking advantage of the galaxy's bloodlust.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The only character in the series who isn't irredeemable is Gaige, and that's because all Gaige wants is to hang out with her cool robot friend.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The BL2 cast are a collection of amoral mercenaries who got caught up in something bigger than themselves and wanted to avenge a betrayal an attempt on their own lives. The BL1 cast are a collection of amoral mercenaries who got caught up in something bigger than themselves and (in BL2) wanted to avenge a betrayal and an attempt on their own lives.

Among them: a psycho (and the only one of them who has any moral qualms about killing innocent people), a handful of people who just kill for fun, a girl who sees all of Pandora as one big lab to test out her murderbot (and canonically, Gaige has the highest bounty on her head of any of the Vault Hunters), and Lilith, who I think is actually more autistic than Tannis.

These are not good people. This is GTA. It's a tale of criminals betraying each other in a mad race for power and purple loot. Okay, blue loot. They'd settle for green.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CJacobs posted:

A mad race for incredibly disappointing wet loot farts that the gods of their universe somehow have decided qualify as "explosions".
Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode serves as a lesson of the folly of immortality and the lust for power. As you grow stronger, the game just keeps getting worse.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I never got a single orange in Borderlands that was worth equipping. Not one. Every single one was outclassed by all four weapons I had equipped, including the greens. And by "every single one" I mean all three.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

There's a lot of evidence for my "Lilith is more autistic than Tannis" theory: look at how she's unable to read Roland in the ECHO recordings in a BL2 sidequest, or how she completely doesn't understand Tina in the Tiny Tina DLC.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Plot holes, huh? Well I know a thing or two about holes..." -- Moxxi in Borderlands 3.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

How do people skip skills like that? I've seen it in BL2 as well, but every time I've played you have to fill out the whole tree. Do you have to use an editor?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I think that Bunkers and Badasses in BL2 taught us that Lilith is a selfish, insecure child. She's literally a nerdy kid who grew up obsessed with being cool and having her secret clubhouse.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

widespread posted:

So played a bit as Wilhelm. I'll just say that he can REALLY itch that Enforcer itch left from Payday 2. I think. Mainly due to the run-and-gun and has shotguns by default things.

Just a few questions. One, is the loyalty loot randomized? Because I managed to snag a blue shotgun from the start. Two, on a scale of "Eh, probably for the best" to "Aggressively uninstalls and deletes BL1", how insufferable do the original crew get? Because the intro with Athena captured left a... bit of an off taste in my mouth. Like, I know they're supposed to be character types, but I get the feeling they flanderized them juuuust a bit. And three, is it alright to want a story where both sides of the conflict get poo poo on? Obviously I'm not supposed to feel bad helping JohnJack. But I got a bit of sympathy for the gently caress?

I'll probably pelt questions when and if I get further in.
Most of this thread is people complaining about Lilith, so pretty bad.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What was wrong with the DLC? Were the new characters not good?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tediore President: "Once we have stripped Pandora of all useful resources, we will discard it and digistruct another! Our plot has been under their noses this whole time. Fools!"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Maliwan would work, because "mal" means "bad" and "wan" means "Juan."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mycot posted:

This is the plot of the first Ratchet and Clank game.
Borderlands and Ratchet and Clank have a lot in common in tone and theme anyway. They're both about heroes doing what's right in brutal, violent universes. Borderlands is just an M-rated version.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

watho posted:

"Wuahahahah you'll never escape ¡El Mal Juan!"
Yes. I want this in Borderlands 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

Pretty sure it's been stated the maliwan ceo is a woman. Of course that doesn't mean a plot can't have her usurped.
Lilith goes insane(r), takes over Maliwan, starts wiping out every human structure on Pandora to return it to its natural state.

• Locked thread