Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

How are the drop rates looking in this game? Only real problem I had with BL2 is how insanely rare purple/orange drops were for a non-competitive multiplayer game.

Just want to have fun with it and I'm wondering if I'm going to have to fire up Cheat Engine again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm an idiot who overall enjoys the story of the Borderlands games and likes characters like Claptrap and Handsome Jack.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Skandranon posted:

I'm not quite up there, but it's easy to predict some things. Nisha is straight up DPS, with all ranges available. Athena is more complex, as she has an instant revive, team healing, tanking, and damage roles, at melee to medium range. There is a lot to be seen about what Athena can do. Nisha just spits out insane amounts of bullets for tons of damage.

Oh no, I was planning on playing as Athena because I like melee and elemental damage but my favorite thing to do in BL2 was play Maya and poo poo out as many bullets as fast as possible. Now I'm completely torn.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Finally got around to playing a little Pre-Sequel with my friend last night after reading a lot of mediocre reviews about the game. They must all pretty much be from people who didn't really care for Borderlands 2, I guess, because I liked BL2 and I so far like this game! Looking forward to going balls deep into Athena's Maelstrom tree. poo poo out thousands of elemental bullets as fast as I can.

...unless someone can convince me that the Aspis tree makes that shield nuts. I'd love to become basically invincible and throw shields around like crazy but I'm not sure I see the stats on that tree backing it up.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

oh gently caress I didn't consider combining Zeus' Wrath and Wrath of the Goddess :supaburn:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

My friend is looking around for good Nisha builds but isn't really seeing much. I haven't played as her at all so I dunno what to suggest. Any goon recommendations for what's good to take with Nisha? She likes using sniper rifles a lot. :shobon:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Awesome, thanks!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I just started seeing cryo guns pop up as I was quitting the game last night. Is cryo considered an element? Can I use Athena's skills to increase my freeze chance by a bajillion? I want to roleplay as Mr. Freeze and make terrible ice puns.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I figure all I need is Storm Weaving to double my freeze chance and to poo poo out more bullets faster. Then I can just gently caress around in the other skill trees.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Claptrap has all the ice puns on full lockdown. Including such greats as "Chill out!" and "ICE to meet you!" and "Freeze! ...I dunno why I said that!"

Nevermind I should just be playing as Claptrap.

(still going to stick with Athena)

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Storm Weaving adds a +100% elemental effect chance at max level which actually works out to "double what number is on the gun". Still, double is nothing to scoff at when, before Storm Weaving, you have a sniper rifle with 30-40% chance to element someone or an 8% chance on a Vladof assault rifle with an 11 fire rate (which is also boosted by Storm Weaving).

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Storm Weaving at least updates the corner tooltip if you switch a weapon and then highlight an in-world weapon to compare stats. I would assume the corner tooltip isn't updated immediately upon switching because the weapon needs to finish switching for Storm Weaving to take effect.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Put about 10 hours into this game so far and I'm liking it a lot (space combat adds a lot to the game, I find) but the one thing that's crushing my nuts is how loving often you're doing a quest and it just expects you to go back and forth a million times. Pickle wants you to go do a thing, so you go to cross a bridge but the enemies retract the bridge. You go press the button to extend the bridge again but the enemies blow up the bridge. You go to dump methane to freeze the lava instead but the pumping station was shut down so you have to go all the way across the map to re-enable it and then you have to go all the way across the map to redirect the flow and then you have to go all the way across the map to finally dump the methane.

Sometimes it's hard to feel like you're progressing when you are constantly being dicked around with something preventing you from going forward.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I realized today that Athena's Aspis really, really likes rockets. My new strategy in battle is to bring up the shield, pull out a rocket launcher, the run up to people and fire at the ground between us. :black101:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I didn't think much was going to top Dunks Watson in this game... but I just defended Nakayama while he sent an urgent message to Jack. :unsmith:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

WHY DOES EVERY GLADIATOR CLASS MOD HAVE OMEGA-SENSHU ON IT

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

So how does the new 3 Purple > Legendary recipe work? Is it just 3 random purps for a chance at a random legendary? Or is it 3 of the same type of weapon for a chance at the same type of legendary?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Why not just open the door after you've cleared the area?

Like for real a friend and I had to go back through that area for a sidequest and we spent the whole time getting horribly lost and turned around because of all these doors that look like they should be open to make a clear path but instead we need to walk through vents or some poo poo.

we beat the area just open the loving doors

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Yeah, you shouldn't cheat yourself 999 keys.

There's an option for just disabling the need for keys altogether!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

RatHat posted:

So what are the good points of Claptrap?
You get to play as Everybody's Favorite Character™ Claptrap.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I like the Fatale Hyperion SMGs. As far as I can tell they always come with Crit Damage + 75% which is a nice bonus when it very quickly becomes pinpoint accurate.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Basically Vladof is the best.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

My friend and I finally finished our first playthrough last night. Kind of disappointing that the raid boss is just a harder version of the final boss. Also that Lilith is a dumb idiot and basically everything ever is her fault.

Probably going to try out TVHM. Shouldn't be too bad since we Cheat Engine everything and basically have a full complement of legendary weapons but we ARE pretty bad at the game...

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

the damage scaling in UVHM gets pretty ridiculous

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I've been getting back into Borderlands in a hard way so I finally have been giving UVHM a shot with the Maya I got up to level 50 back when the game first launched. I'm only level 57 so I've still got a ways to go and I know the game scales harder and harder the further you go, but so far it's not too bad. You have a lot of skills to work with with a character that high level, and I can only imagine it's a lot easier in Pre-Sequel due to:
1) characters being more powerful in general
2) being able to go deeper into more skill trees because they're not as point intensive
3) the game not really spawning as many enemies as it does in BL2

EDIT: also, yes, Maya's cloud kill is now insanely good. I'll frequently just hit someone with slag and just let the corrosion work its magic.

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Feb 15, 2016

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I love watching enemies freeze and shatter, also ice puns

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I really liked oz kits, though I did keep one for like 15 levels past its expiry date because it gave me +50% accuracy and crit damage while airborne.

also there's the lil robot oz kit who beeps and boops and gives you ammo !!

I really hope Gearbox can keep running with the improvements in TPS while making the next Borderlands. Taking all the good parts of BL2 and TPS and smashing them together would keep me interested for a long time.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Shifty Pony posted:

Tell Marcus you want an accurate Tedore smg and he'll send you to go repossess a few farts from some deadbeats, that sort of thing.

what if I don't want it in corrosive?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

digi jacks also die if you run away from them so they can spawn closer to you. you can also give them a copy of your shield, so give them a THIRD nova with a nova shield. I have them rigged up with black holes so I have singularities going off everywhere.

don't forget to grab Best Foot Forward so your timer is always full, and when you see diminishing returns kick in just end the ability so the cool down is super short.

get Jacks Cache too so you constantly get free grenades. I literally cannot get rid of all my grenades while using this ability plus the leadership capstone. I use quasars so even MORE singularities everywhere.

Jack is kind of a slow burn but once you get that capstone all bets are off.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

looks like things just got 20% more handsome

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I could have sworn he digi jacks do use your customization but also I never looked at them that closely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Rinkles posted:

They do (at least for some)

e:the head customization

ah that explains why I thought they did because I've definitely seen them wear the troll face which is my go to mask

• Locked thread