Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I've heard rumblings that this may be ported to the Bone/PS4 in the future, has anyone heard more about this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

They really are bringing everything to the new consoles now, of course this is a guaranteed purchase by me, and I never played the Pre- Sequel before my faithful PS3 died so it'll be new to me.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Rinkles posted:

not a fan of daggering in general, tbqh

You must really hate the Walking Dead games then!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Jibo posted:

I can think of a lot of games with writing that is inarguably worse than Borderlands and are actually supposed to be taken seriously but I can't think of one whose writer draws so much goon hatred.

Do people fall over themselves to call out the writers for Bioware games?

Goons were tripping over themselves to mock Bioware when Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 were released, it still continues to this day even.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

lazerwolf posted:

Borderlands 3: Tiny Tina all the time.

Tiny Tina and Claptrap are the only playable characters in Borderlands 3, and are also the only voiced NPC's, the soundtrack is nothing but constant dubstep as well.

I just think Borderlands is a good and fun game and I enjoy being able to shoot very silly, angry men with very silly guns, the plot is secondary, literally secondary in BL1's case.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'm starting afresh on the PS4, since my old PS3 died taking my BL2 savefile with it, I never played the Pre-Sequel and I can honestly say I'm finding it tougher than BL2, rear end in a top hat Bandits space butt stomping me is annoying and holy god are Bandits armed with lasers the worst thing ever.

PS4 PSN is JudgeTesla and I do have a mic, I'm currently using Captain America (Athena) on the Pre-Sequel and Gaige over on 2, for now.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'm not overly fond of multi phase fights in general but, The Giant Dude who was the final boss wasn't that bad a fight, it was a fairly simple case of lower its shield and shoot it in the face, and repeat until it finally ended.

The Sera Guardians it had for backup were just being shot down by random bolts of lightning from one of Athena's skills in the right tree which was neat, I'll probably give Aurellia a go next, and see what she's all about.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Holy poo poo Deadlift is the worst fight on TVHM, I went in with Athena at around Lv 28, had shock weapons for his shield and the second I show my face he lasers me into oblivion, next try I beat him by throwing my shield at him which worked, had to jump around constantly though.

Then once I reach Concordia, the SHIFT Vendor has a buttload of gear including 75 gold keys, a lot of skins and some guns relating to Tales from the Borderlands. :toot:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

AirRaid posted:

Aren't you supposed to start TVHM at 30?

Probably, doesn't matter now since I have full purps thanks to Golden Keys, and honestly, Deadlift's not as horrific as some of the bosses in Borderlands 2 on TVHM and UVHM, I remember having a hell of a time fighting the Jackenstein on UVHM in Hammerlock's DLC when I was doing the PS3 version with Maya a while back.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

Not really, no. There were a few things exclusive to PC (like the PhysX fluid effects) that I think the next gen versions now have but the PC version still looks best. I've heard the Handsome Collection has framerate hiccups in parts too.

Personally speaking, I've come from the PS3 to PS4 and I've noticed the framerate is a lot better, Lootsplosions like the one at the end of Torgue's and Tina DLC used to tank the framerate but this doesn't happen anymore, the game itself is more stable than it was but some of the textures are still blurry which means you can't read the PC Screens in Lilith's Firehawk lair still on consoles.

I never played the Pre-Sequel before the Handsome Collection so I don't know if that had any issues before but I've had no real issues with it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

So I'm working through the Claptastic Voyage as Athena (Normal mode) and it's a pretty cool DLC so far, I've just beaten the Denial Subroutine and freed Shadowtrap and from what I understand, the end boss of the DLC is the hardest fight in the franchise, so I have that to look forward to I guess! :v:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Pope Guilty posted:

I really, really want to like the FFYL mechanic, but it seems like all too often the instant you hit FFYL all the enemies acquire a sense of self-preservation and duck behind things you can't get to or have mysteriously run the gently caress away within the last second or so. It'd be an okay mechanic if the enemy AI would play ball with it a bit better.

Yeah, enemy AI was altered from BL1 to 2, they never used to run for the hills when you hit FFYL back in 1.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

How in the gently caress are you supposed to beat Shadow Trap, he throws out so much damage and giant explosions that it's really hard to survive, not to mention the fucker teleports away and regens his shields while creating identical clones of himself, it's just not a very fun fight at all.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

CaptainSarcastic posted:

This post made me think about the fact that Moxxi seems much less sexy in TPS than she did in the previous Borderlands games. In this one she just seems tired and bitchy more than anything else.

I always reasoned it as her not liking having to work with Jack since she knows what he really is, even when hes being nice at the start of the game.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Just an endless conga line of Jack clones having sex with the person in front of them from here to infinity.

It worked for Doctor Manhattan after all.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Well Zarpedon put up more of a fight in TVHM but she was far more interested in kicking Jack's rear end so I just lasered her to death while I dealt with the odd Legion Eternal and Veteran who came for me, no legendary gun today though from her.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

That stupid RK-5 Jet is a huge jerk on TVHM, I just sat in the elevator and fired Corrosive Lasers at him whenever he flew near me, my Shock Lasers didn't have the range as they were the continuous firing fire hose style ones, the Guardian was a little hairy but I beat him and got NO LOOT aside from junk white and blue guns.

I'll probably carry onto UVHM with Athena once I've finished off the remaining side-quests and Claptastic Voyage.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

signalnoise posted:

Did Borderlands 1 get worth a poo poo with DLC? When I played it on release it was quite underwhelming, but for some reason I really like the story in 2 and PS and kinda want more of it.

Borderlands 1's DLC was a mixed bag, Zombie Island of Doctor Ned wasn't too bad, the Zombies were interesting to fight and the Island itself was a pretty cool and spooky experience, Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot was garbage, the only good feature was the item bank and storage, General Knoxx's DLC is regarded to be the best DLC and is the introduction to Athena and the downfall of the Crimson Lance, Claptrap's DLC after that was not very good but it laid the groundwork for Borderlands 2 by introducing Mister Blake and mentioning Hyperion wants you dead.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah, that crippled General Knoxx's DLC, you had to drive for ages to get anywhere, and frequently quests would take you from one side of the area to the other so you'd be driving for 10 minutes and the Lance would frequently block the roads so you had to detour around them, wasting more time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

AirRaid posted:

Blake is still alive during BL2 and presumably after, so you might see him again.

He's probably caught up in the post Jack power struggle Hyperion is experiencing, Tales mentions a lot of Hyperion execs are gunning for the top seat, which is currently vacant.

• Locked thread