Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm really starting to dislike this O2 gimmick, a recharging jetpack would have done the same to restrict butt-slamming and superjumping, without the "go hunt down geysers while exploring and looting a million containers after combat" part. Also low gravity exploding quest items into lava pits or into geometry, thanks guys :(

deadly_pudding posted:

Remember Borderlands 1 where you didn't have fast travel until like several hours in? That was real great. Why do I like these games so much again? :downs:

Also, http://steamcommunity.com/id/deadly_pudding
Please invite me to the steam group.
I replayed Borderlands just a few weeks ago, after years of not playing it. And I had totally forgotten they didn't let you fast travel until the Dahl Headlands :argh:

Also no fast travel in DLC areas which were all way too large, good god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

sweetroy posted:

Is anyone else having issues driving? It seems like all the jumps have a 50% chance of failure unless you completely nail it, and the level design throws a whole bunch of cliffs on otherwise level ground. I almost never died driving in BL1/2 but holy poo poo it kills me more than anything else here
Same here, I haven't died to landing in instant death zones nearly as much in the previous games as I did in this one. But I figure that's mainly because the first two games had very few death zones in the middle of the map to jump over to begin with. Usually missing a jump meant you landed in a canyon you had to drive out of to try again, instead of respawning half a map away. And indeed, Serenity's Waste was the worst in this regard, I'm glad the following zones were a bit better about it, and then the Stingray made most jumps easy.

Maybe if you're the third game in a series and can't be bothered to improve vehicles, don't go and make things worse with death pits and lower margin of error for several jumps. Like fist-sized rocks stopping you instantly, invisible walls preventing you from driving through gaps which are visibly large enough to get a vehicle through, wonky traction physics that sometimes make your vehicle turn 90 degrees as you "land", invisible geometry deflecting a vehicle just as you hit a ramp, etc. I'd expect issues like these to get better, not worse - just as I expect a game that explodes loot out of containers and bosses (now with lower gravity!) to take extra care to avoid it from falling through the floor: I keep losing drops and quest items because the game ejects them into space and through geometry, which I remember happening maybe twice in BL2 (Bunker, Warrior) but in this game I can't work my way through a single zone without it happening at least twice. Hell even enemies sometimes drop through the floor and then follow me outside of the map for a while.

And the whole "Borderlands: Detour" thing was kind of funny in the beginning, but now it's utterly annoying.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

ColHannibal posted:

This is a lie.

Okay it's a few more clicks to open and then save the profile. Unlocking just takes one though.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

ColHannibal posted:

The tool only allows you to change the head and skin currently used, you can't unlock it. If you use a new you station it reverts back out to the default with the new stuff not unlocked.
Profile editor, not save editor:

Kaethela posted:

You want this - http://www.mediafire.com/download/944jnyjwivhd2c2/Borderlands2.Profile.Editor.v1.0.1.0.rar Load up your profile.bin (back it up first!) do whatever you want to it, hit save from the menu. Enjoy.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

AirRaid posted:

Fun Fact: it's entirely possible to roll into concordia at the start, do all the quest crap and go out Moxxi's back door without ever activating the FT station, so you have to slog back in the long way.
I totally did that and it was such a pain.

Also, gibbed mentions changes to the way fast travel stations are handled in the blog post accompanying the save editor release, I wonder what changed?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
That echo log replay feature of Borderlands would be really cool to have back... Vorago Solitude is the worst, but a lot of zones have mission transmissions triggers right next to echo logs locations, it's moronic :argh:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
The Borderlands 2 PC thread explains CE drop rate editing:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3504490#post407069006

Most of that also applies to the pre-sequel table.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

kim jong-illin posted:

Does Gibbed's save editor work with PS3 saves? Liking the game so far but it doesn't give you anywhere near enough cash - I want to edit my save so I can actually afford half the stuff that comes up in the vending machines.

Also is it just me or did they get rid of the ability to label stuff in your inventory as trash so you could batch sell them at vending machines? It looks like you can only label items as favourites rather than trash now.
That's a feature, I guess they thought people shouldn't want to vendor stuff with the grinder in game? When you use vending machines, the option "sell trash" is now "sell non-favourites" and really sells everything but your favourites and equipped gear.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Onkel Hedwig posted:

It lets you different between "reviewed/not reviewed".
Yeah pretty much. Trash tag was useful for marking things after reviewing them in the field when your inventory was getting full - favourites = keep, trash = vendor, no tag = new, please check. If you were using it at a vending machine just before selling stuff, you were doing it wrong.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

kim jong-illin posted:

Speaking of moonstones, you can exploit the 30 free moonstones you get for each new character as a loyalty reward. Select "new game" but then select your existing save and it will automatically give you the loyalty reward pistol, shotgun and 30 moonstones again - you can do this repeatedly to keep farming the guns (they're blue so you can shove them in the grinder for purples) and the moonstones.
I was never able to activate the grinder after putting in the loyalty reward guns.

orcane fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Oct 30, 2014

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah that's what I suspected.

Still the 30 moonstone and current-level shotgun/masher are nice (and so were the 10 moonstone and shotgun I got until I reset my profile because the game failed to recognize my BL2 savegame at first - so good the BL2 profile editor still works...)

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
You can also download a toolbar-less archive that comes without an installer (IIRC, but that was never a problem for me) from the same download page.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Also don't play Borderlands DLC if you hate backtracking.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
That's the easy part of "single fast travel station in each DLC", now you're back in the middle and every time you return you get another quest sending you to a corner of the DLC map. Have fun.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Their pre-game story was laid out in Youtube videos IIRC. Echo recorders are only for the classes available in the vanilla version of the game.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

kim jong-illin posted:

Salvador is the only character I've been able to get through UVHM with because, that far into the game, you can stick so many points into Gunzerking skills that you never, ever, ever stop rampaging. Then you can simultaneously slag and inflict the appropriate elemental damage without having to keep switching weapons or waiting on a cool down timer.

By the time you're in UVHM you should be able to get phaselock's cooldown so low it's basically never preventing you from applying slag to the next group of bad guys after you had your last one up for the group you just killed. Although it was weird playing other classes with way longer cooldowns on their action skills, so I can see where you're coming from.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Tenzarin posted:

I hope borderlands 3 is a semi mmo world like destiny.

I really hope it isn't. Letting Gearbox run and balance any game as an MMO can only lead to a train wreck of epic proportions...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Looking forward to "farm this boss 100 times to get its weapon, this time no gibbed!" and "what do you mean fake difficulty, 10x enemy HP and regen, bring slag!" then :v:

• Locked thread