Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Hoping they at least have the sense to do away with the unskippable intro cutscenes for every single character you meet in later playthroughs. poo poo got annoying real quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

There had better be an explanation as to why he loses the ability to go up stairs. :colbert:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

It disappoints me greatly that the colorblind options in-game do absolutely nothing other than put errors on the item tooltips.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

TescoBag posted:

Is there any good way to increase the drop rates of higher grade items in BL2?

Cheat Engine. There's a writeup in the OP about it, but I think the script linked requires an older version of the program to run.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I am getting progressively more hyped as I read through this interview.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Don't most games on Steam pre-load?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

HAmbONE posted:

So if I pre-ordered for Xbox360 through EB Games, do I need to tell Gearbox I have it coming to get key offers?

Shift key offers or preorder offers? If it's the former I got the e-mail before I preordered at all.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Genocyber posted:

As an aside, what about a steam group? Are we going to use one of the older ones, or is someone going to make a new one?

We can repurpose one of the existing ones; it's probably easier than making an entirely new one.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

AirRaid posted:

The original Bordergoons group has the most members I think. Not sure who admins it though. Might even be me. :v: (not on my pc right now)

You're a mod on BG2 if that counts. Annoyingly Steam won't let me re-name the group.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Sipher posted:

Does multiplayer work if you unlock it early?

No. In fact, you'll want to go offline with Steam entirely, since it'll relock the instant it figures out you're not on a VPN anymore.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Borderlands 2 Saves.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Genocyber posted:

Speaking of this, does anyone know where the saves need to be? That is, do you need to copy them into the Pre Sequel directory somewhere or is it fine being in the normal save folder?

If it's anything like the BL2 bonus ones, just in the normal save folder should be fine.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

DangerousSpoon posted:

So do we have a steam group decided on? Either access to the older one or a new one?

Not yet, but as I've said a bunch of times already I'd be fine with repurposing Bordergoons 2 for it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

ArchRanger posted:

Membership is still closed with no one in chat to ask for an invite.

Posting your profile should suffice, but I'll hang out in chat when I get home from work to dole out invites.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tossed out group invites, and will be in the group chat for a while to hand out more.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

BL2 profile editor still works for this one. Unlocked all heads/skins and gave myself free golden keys, because it's one less thing to worry about. :toot:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Metrohunter posted:

How did you manage this? I just want to give myself a bunch of keys but the editor (gibbed) is giving me an error when I try to load up my Pre Sequel save.

You want this - http://www.mediafire.com/download/944jnyjwivhd2c2/Borderlands2.Profile.Editor.v1.0.1.0.rar Load up your profile.bin (back it up first!) do whatever you want to it, hit save from the menu. Enjoy.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Sab669 posted:

Where do you actually redeem your keys? I just want to spend 1 :(

Entered my Shift code and got some keys but I don't see the big fancy looking chest I remember from BL2

It's in town, in the same general area the shift machine is. Right in the middle near the big drop.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Conot posted:

Egh, I've done VPNing with other platforms like Origin, but they have a reputation for not caring. How dangerous is it with Steam?

e: And will I need to stay VPNed for the entirety of time playing, or just to launch the game.

Do it at your own peril, obviously, but they don't seem to care if you just use it for unlocking and nothing else. You'll want to take Steam offline right after it though, since it re-locks if it detects you aren't on a VPN anymore.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Speedball posted:

So, how Captain America is Athena in practice?

It's excellent. Went straight down the left tree and can't wait for the ricochet one. I've been able to one-shot a badass with it at one point, so there's that.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Dallan Invictus posted:

I was, but once I'd manually logged in to my SHIFT account at https://shift.gearboxsoftware.com/home, then unlinked my Steam account, then restarted the game and tried to log in through the game, it worked without a hitch. That might be worth trying.

This worked perfectly for me. Thanks!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Alteisen posted:

I'm worried about the length of the game, also did they fix some of the issues 2 had? Like how a level 9 enemy would become a pain in the rear end to fight if you had a level 8 gun and the sheer bullet spongy-ness of some.

Solo seems okay scaling-wise so far, though I'm only at level 8 right now. Haven't had any real bullshit moments even in 3-player like we did in T/UVHM yet.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I like Claptrap so far because he echoes my statements of "gently caress you, assholes, I'm not dead yet" upon reviving via second wind kill (though a bit more eloquently than that). I can definitely see the steps backward they took from "annoying on purpose" BL2 claptrap to "naive ond optimistic" BL1 claptrap so I don't have any problems with him so far.

"I WILL STOP TALKING WHEN I'M DEAD!"

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bordergoonstwo

Either post your steam profile or chill out in chat for an invite.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Damo posted:

Can't decide who to pick, Athena or Nisha.

Argh. Someone tell me who to play as.

Athena all day. Go up against two badasses, one-shot at least one of them with the shield. That thing will solve all of your problems. :getin:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I have yet to see anything above green drop from an enemy, besides the blue laser you get from the second? boss. Chests are mostly green and white again. So basically it seems like the drop rates are unchanged so far.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

You can't grind purples at all, even if they're the same type.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Enzer posted:

you can't grind Shift Key Chest weapons.

This explains so much. I haven't found any purples at all, so I haven't been able to test it with non-golden chest weapons.

Edit: If legendaries are still a hilariously low drop rate, there's no way in hell I'm burning them at the grinder for anything.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Sab669 posted:

Ugh. So I'm pretty close to the end I think trying to get to the eye, need to blow up the containers and the game keeps crashing on me. I've just updated my drivers, not OC'ing any hardware... No idea what the problem is =[

Make sure you're not overheating, do a Steam verify on your install, turn your settings down. See if any of that helps.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

CJacobs posted:

He does still wheeze and complain about having no air when you're out of oxygen though for some reason.

He does it so he doesn't feel left out! Also to fit in more with his oxygen breathing meatbag allies.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

IotD's have almost always been blue or purple so far for me, which is still a huge step up from BL2, where it was almost entirely greens. Actually makes checking vending machines worth it now.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

To try to refine the point a bit, it's not so much the fact that there are gay characters in the game, but more that it feels much more like pandering than it did in BL2. It's much less subtle in this game, less offhand comment here and there, more in your face all the time.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Kaustik posted:

Does anyone know what that icon next to everyone's character level means? I thought it was suppose to indicate what gun the person was using the most but mine went from an assault rifle to a skull-n-crossbones so now I don't know what the hell.

It's based off your badass rank. It changes when you get more ranks.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I did every sidequest and including some extra stuff and standing around, my playthrough took 21 hours. Not bad! I'm gonna play through the game on TVHM too just to see if UVHM is the only unlock after it. Claptrap is so drat fun that I don't want to stop!

I'm really hoping they don't bring back UVHM. If they insist on it, at least make it so you don't die if you get sneezed at and literally all your ammo to kill a boss/badass enemy.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Are there any BL2 save editors that still function for whatever reason? I just wanna give myself a bajillion golden keys and go to town on my Nisha save that I stopped with. Sorry if this got asked already.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/944jnyjwivhd2c2/Borderlands2.Profile.Editor.v1.0.1.0.rar

Load your profile.bin, give yourself all the keys you could ever want. Back it up first just in case it goes horribly wrong.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Just give yourself tons of golden keys.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I'm really curious what Jack's Body Double's skill is going to end up being.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Play Claptrap at some point. His right tree has been pretty enjoyable so far.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

The random lines he says when he gets subroutines are great. I just about died when he said something like "Trap. Claptrap. Double-O... Trap." for a pistol one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Cryo is better than slag in every single way, and it turned out much better than I expected.

• Locked thread