Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
all I care about is the low gravity

I'm just buying this for the low gravity

games don't have enough of it

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

signalnoise posted:

Borderlands Tournament 2K4

Yessss. :allears:

The only thing that comes close to my excitement about low gravity, butt slams and moon buggies is having the PC's talk more. That's also great. Even if BL writing misses pretty heavily from time to time, I have hopes that we get some funny poo poo in this one too.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

CJacobs posted:

I don't really want to complain about them putting in all these conveniences related to the oxygen, but it seems like they're making it such a non-issue that there's no point in even having it be a mechanic at all.

They do seem to give your oxygen count other mechanics too. Like one OZ Kit we've seen in a gameplay video gave +damage% based on how much oxygen is left, etc. Hopefully OZ Kits in general will use the counter in other interesting ways besides.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Apparently I'm some kind of a loving Borderlands savant or something, because I just don't get why people complain about the game being hard/tedious because enemies are too hard to kill/etc. I'd agree with the higher end stuff like the silly raid bosses or OP levels, but the normal playthroughs are always easy as hell.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I miss when you found a good gun in Borderlands 1, and you could rely on it for several hours. In BL2, I find it really fustrating to find interesting gear mid-levelling, since chances are it'll be useless in 5 levels, tops. In a sense only the loot gotten at level cap matters, and everything else is basically trash.

I still hang on to my good pile of amazing level 50 gear, because I spent so much time farming for them back then. :(

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

AirRaid posted:

I just got an email from Gearbox with some Shift codes for the pre sequel, so that will be a returning feature. It doesn't mention golden keys or anything at all about what they give though, so not sure if there will be a golden chest equivalent (probably)

The Golden Chest has already been confirmed to make a return. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uP5aZwxpXE

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

watho posted:

Moxxie weapons confirmed. Well poo poo.

Hopefully there won't be any Grog Nozzles and Rubis this time around, and they'd just stay around the more reasonable 2-3% lifegain range. At least there's no Gunzerking absurdity, since all the dualwield abilities seem to clone guns.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Well, the skill tree doesn't like neither of you very much either. :colbert:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I'm kinda disappointed how the Grinder doesn't just spit out level appropriate loot scaled to mainquest progress or your level. As is, I'm maybe 12 hours in with a friend, and we barely use the Grinder, since it just spits out gear we've already outleveled. :(

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I've seen the shield glitch happen a few times in BL2 as well, so it might be something engine related.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
To be fair, the bandits of Pandora could use a good wiping out. Most of them really are raging, murderous lunatics.

Edit : I'm not sure if it is intended or just bad writing, but the Pre-sequel really does show Lilith (and Moxi) in a very bad light. At the very least they turned Jack in to the insanely sociopathic BL2 version, and ordering the execution of Athena is really uncalled for.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 22, 2014

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

CJacobs posted:

I beat the raid boss at 4 levels beneath their level without going down a single time so v:shobon:v

To be fair, the raid boss is pretty forgiving. Plenty of adds to resurrect from and it's attacks are all very dodgeable.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

AirRaid posted:

The odds of getting something out of the grinder that you actually want to use (for me at least) seem incredibly small.

While levelling, the random blues and purples it can poo poo out are pretty decent to have, and will last for a while if they're good.

Problem is that the golden chest loot is way better for the same purpose, random drops still give out blues and purples often enough, and ultimately the money you save by not grinding just lets you buy Deals.

The Grinder is dumb and kind of half-assed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

AirRaid posted:

Well Game + seasoon pass should cover everything.

Actually I'm not sure where the Shock Drop slaughter thing comes in for non preorders. Probably outside the season pass. I haven't even tried it yet.

It's pretty bad, honestly. Small arena with no real gimming. Just spawns small waves of normal scavs with the occasional badass version. Even the basic bandit combat arena in BL2 was much more interesting and dynamic.

• Locked thread