Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I will buy and play and enjoy this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Professor Oak posted:

YAY another borderlands where we can run around dying for ten straight hours trying anything plausible but make it through the entire game in 45 minutes if we exploit a gimmick!

It find it funny that most of the people who send tons of time hating every game are also some of the stupidest people alive. :laugh:

Attestant posted:

Apparently I'm some kind of a loving Borderlands savant or something, because I just don't get why people complain about the game being hard/tedious because enemies are too hard to kill/etc. I'd agree with the higher end stuff like the silly raid bosses or OP levels, but the normal playthroughs are always easy as hell.

They're not hard games at all. Shoot fire at things with skin like skags and humans. Shoot corrosive stuff at metal things and armored things. Shoot electricity at things with strong shields. Move while shooting. Reload in cover.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Sep 24, 2014

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Nighthand posted:

I would enjoy a Borderlands 3 where there are several parallel campaigns you can work through seeking vaults on different planets. Different vault hunters are running different operations for different vaults, all with Brick at the head directing them (because he called dibs). Give you some openness as to which parts of which planets you explore at a given time, maybe tie it together with an ubervault you need keys from other vaults for, or something.

Considering the ending of BL2 that's probably what BL3 will be. Or something like it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

CJacobs posted:

-Running back through the dam with no real good way back to sanctuary for the loader core quest

It's shorter to just push through to the end of the map where you initially rescued Roland and use the teleporter there.

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

Cult Following: Lighting the Match is even worse. You just have to run back through the ENTIRE Southern Shelf map, with two under-leveled bosses in the way, and then having it be a pain in the rear end getting back.

You can just jump off the side of the ship that faces the icy glacier area and skip most of the backtracking there.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
If anyone cares, I've had a Borderlands IRC room set up since BL2 came out.

#sa-borderlands on synirc.net

Here's an easy link for you lazy and/or low-tech people:

http://cgiirc.synirc.net/

Type in a nickname, then put #sa-borderlands in the Channel field, then click Login.

There aren't many people in there now but if you idle and hang around other people will definitely show up.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

smashpro1 posted:

I just got the Handsome Collection on Xbone, and the character importation thing is bullshit.

Anyone wanna help me power level a Zero and/or Salvador?

I just ran into the same issue on ps4. I transferred over my old characters, including my wife's, but now it doesn't allow split-screening from the same account. Is there a save editor or something out there that I can use to move my wife's characters under a new, separate ps4 account? Not a PSN account, just a local ps4 account. I just want to be able to play couch co-op with her again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
OK so it looks like you can transfer saves to another PS4 profile through the PS4 data management tool. You can copy a character from Profile A to a flash drive, then log out of Profile A. Log back in with Profile B and copy the save from the flash drive to the PS4 under that account. I'm going to try that now and see if it works.

Another thing I ran into: My wife and I were powerleveling a new character in split-screen mode for like an hour when she noticed that only my character (on the Player 1 side of the screen) was gaining XP. We turned in a quest and made sure to note where her XP bar was and it did not go up. This is kinda bullshit :/ Does anyone know of a workaround for this?

• Locked thread