Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Will they include the Echo Log playback feature this time? It was sorely missing in Borderlands 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm looking forward to fighting Dahl troops in this game. The Crimson Lance were the most fun enemies in Borderlands 1, and Hyperion Troops were fun in BL2 when there weren't five million loaders stomping at the same time. Now I want to see Vladof armies, or a bunch of Maliwan hippie commandos.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Except that most of the text in BL1 was buried behind an awful awful menu system. However, it did have the Echo Log playback system.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What exactly was retconned from Borderlands 1 to Borderlands 2? If anything, I'm seeing more retcons for the Pre-Sequel than anything. Most of the stuff in the trailers seems to suggest that the Pre Sequel takes place when Jack was just a lowly tech scrub working for Hyperion. But Borderlands 2 already explained that Jack became the leader of Hyperion immediately after the Vault opened, because he started harvesting the Eridium and murdered the rest of the staff board. And then there's The Man Who Would be Jack quest, which detailed events even before BL1 when Jack and Angel were plotting the original Vault Hunter's expedition.

So how is Jack just a technician in the Pre Sequel if it takes place after BL1 when he took control of Hyperion?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Fibby Boy posted:

I would absolutely love for the next game to be set on Promethea. I want to see just how much of an utter hell hole that planet is.

Well, half of Hyperion's colony on Promethea exploded when someone tried to take a shower.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I noticed Roland in the Hammerlock/Torgue trailer. It's gonna be weird listening to his BL2 voice while he looks like his BL1 self.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Did they ever say why the level scaling in BL2 was changed to exponential instead of BL1's linear progression? All the exponential leveling does is gently caress you over if you decide to overlevel on DLCs in an early playthrough.

• Locked thread