Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

jneer posted:

Claptrap's ability makes my four person group sigh every time he chooses the non-stop shooting option, which is like 50% of the time. I can feel our willingness to play the game decrease whenever he does it.

You really have to just own how loving annoying claptrap is to play him enjoyably. Using him as a group sacrificial lamb and punching bag is kind of ideal.

Don't know what's ahead or just need a distraction for a badass? Send in the claptrap to get FFYLed and draw out all enemies with "kick him while he's down". Then have Athena smack the poo poo out of him to revive, let second wind by tedore work it's magic, or gently caress it and let him die because it's claptrap. A whole team gun wizarding or funzerking tedore smgs is beautiful stupid fun too.

I've found that the kick him while he's down bomb action seems to really override the frequency of the funzerking skill. It's a bit more enjoyable for them to watch claptrap toodle off into enemies trying to hug them to death with a giant explosion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I found Deadlift to be inordinately difficult for the time of the game you encounter him. You go from things going swimmingly to just getting rolled and there aren't many side quests that give you a chance to meaningfully level up or find a good shock weapon.

His tendency to bounce all over the drat place while his shield recharges and he lobs homing projectiles at you is some serious bullshit too. Not quite at the level of the Badassasaurus bullet reflection but still up there.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

wdarkk posted:

Except for the one that gives you a shock sniper?

You must be a better shot than me to land enough hits with it.

Dyz posted:

Get in his face and constantly butt slam. Butt slamming will stunlock him, especially when he moves to a machine to electrify the floor. His ai is stupid enough that he will constantly try to electrify the floor and ignore everything else when hes close to one.

Butt slamming is just the best mechanic :allears:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I have a hunch that their hotfix solution for the grinder crash issue was to remove the possibility for it to output a same quality item.

I went from six white and seven green grenades to a purple without using any moonstone at all. Similarly I have not had a gun grind return the same rarity since the hotfix. Am I just getting lucky?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

AirRaid posted:

Yes, I've had plenty of same quality grinds, tho I have noticed a higher rate of top results.

Huh guess I'll just name my 0 second singularity grenade "lucky" then.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Pope Guilty posted:

I've tried multiplayer, but I tend to dawdle and check all the chests and ammo boxes and so on and everybody I've grouped with seems to want to move through the levels as fast as possible, so I just go solo rather than annoy people. I should pick up the Doppelganger- I love love love Showdown and Nisha is super-fun to play, but giving the enemies something else to shoot at was great as Roland, Axton, and Gaige so that might be the way to go.

I feel your pain on the multi-player aspect. My friend and I use coop games as an excuse to bullshit over Skype. We tried playing with other people and it just didn't work at all because we just wanted to take our sweet time and everyone else was sprinting through. Diablo III was particularly awful.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

It gets worse when you are playing two player coop where it adds a second wave for every badasses encounter.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

By far my favorite grenade for constructors was a longbow corrosive cloud. It would make quick work of normal ones and combined with slag would bring the super badass ones to a much more reasonable level of health. A longbow (seeing a trend here?) bonus package could also one or two shot normal ones in TVHM if if got it just right underneath them.

But I can't really think of a comparable "awww dammit" enemy in TPS. And there definitely isn't anything like the witch doctors of the hammerlock expansion.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Mokinokaro posted:

There's no real storyline, the humour falls flat hard and its filled with enemies that alternate between awful and annoying.

I recommend playing the Torgue and Tiny Tina dlcs if you ever go back though. Both are really solid.

My main complaint about the witch doctors was the masks covered their only critical hit area. Etech snipers would be ideal... if they actually dealt real critical damage. Unless you were playing zero with b0re you were just SOL.

Witch doctors aside overall I kinda felt that BL2 had more interesting hitboxes. Probably due to having various loaders in the mix with a good chunk of animal life instead of mainly human enemies.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

What character? If you are playing Axton the slag turret is invaluable.

My best luck for normal weapons was a slag Critical Thinking single barrel hyperion shotgun. The lower slag percentage versus something like a maliwan pistol was more than compensated by a larger magazine, higher fire rate, and it just being much harder to miss with a shotgun. Oh and the chance is per pellet so it was a nearly guaranteed slag at close range.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Kilometers Davis posted:

I haven't had a single interest or care about pc gaming in years and the physx stuff in Borderlands is still something I really feel bad about missing out on. I've watched videos about it hundreds of times. It's so gooey and I need it.

It makes singularity grenades amazing.

But murders your framerate.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

FAUXTON posted:

It's supposed to fit the niche between SMG and Sniper but since everything has a crosshair it really doesn't have that space to fill. I got a torgue rifle with a Gatling barrel and that was pretty amazing even though it barely got up to full speed before needing to swap mags.

Some of the bandit ARs from BL2 made decent bullet hoses. If you stumbled across the gatling barrel and chain fed magazine combination you could put out an impressive amount of hurt.

For the most part they are useless though, especially Jacobs ones.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

AirRaid posted:

Badassasaurus is a lot less terrible if you fight it with Torgue weapons like they probably wanted you to. The slower projectile speed means you can dodge the reflected bullets WAY easier as long as you keep moving. His dumb AOE attacks and the crit spots on his back which don't get explosed if you're on your own are kinda bullshit though.

The legendary Torgue grenade mods are where it is at for Badassasaurus. A Bonus Package is useful enough but a longbow one with a short fuse makes the fight almost unfair. Just throw it in front of him with the right timing so that it goes off directly under him and every child and grandchild bomblet deals full damage. Repeat until dead. If you are feeling really cheesy do it from the barriers at the entrance where you can just run and grab some more grenades from the machine when you run out.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Pope Guilty posted:

Slag would be great if it were an option.

It was okay in the first play through of BL2, great in TVHM, and a royal pain in the rear end in UVHM. Mostly because it went from an option which you could use to absolutely wreck an enemy, to something that really helped to use on badass enemies and made their fights different, to an absolute requirement for every single fight.

Slag, switch to appropriate elemental weapon, shoot for 5 seconds, switch, re-slag, switch to appropriate elemental weapon, shoot for five seconds, etc got old really quickly. And that's not to mention the bosses that the effects didn't stick to.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Rinkles posted:

Scorn is awesome. I hadn't tried it before this run, and I was missing out. It feels like giving maya a second mini ability with a worse cool down.

On top of slagging it's a great utility power. It can shoot boss missiles, other projectiles, clear barrels, and is even usable in ffyl.

Might not be the best capstone (i'm not using it atm moment - reaper is too powerful) but not to be overlooked.

There used to be (maybe still is, dunno if they patched it) a glitch where if you were fast enough and not the game host you could fire off more than one scorn-ball.

Hard to do with a keyboard but if you were to do something silly like map melee to mouse wheel....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeNkvagWToI

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I really want any future Borderlands game to have some sort of significant generated quest system. Just something you can hop in and gently caress around with doing instead of following the main story for the N-th time or farming whatever boss that respawns in the same spot over and over again.

Tell Marcus you want an accurate Tedore smg and he'll send you to go repossess a few farts from some deadbeats, that sort of thing.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

watho posted:

Borderlands is one of the series that could really benefit from a procedurally generated "go to place X, fight a bunch of Y followed by a boss and bring me back McGuffin Z" type quest system that Bethesda games have implemented lately.

It really would. They can easily use the bounty boards to avoid needing to do any voice acting too.

Kaubocks posted:

what if I don't want it in corrosive?

Ok then go steal the bandit's long hard wood and he'll make you a Jacobs sniper to pound people with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Air supply is basically never an issue in the game because everything you shoot spouts air canisters.

The limited supply is more there to keep you from constantly butt slamming everything to death. But you can still totally do that in some cases with mobs of enemies as you get canisters faster than you can use the air to butt slam. It is stupidly fun too.

I had the same issue with the Ice Scream on one playthrough. I think exiting and reloading the game fixed it but I could be wrong.

• Locked thread