Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Mokinokaro posted:

Holodome is kind of boring, but it's got some fun dialog.

Also, definitely give doppelganger a shot. Heck, all six characters are quite good this time around (though Claptrap is a bit more co-op focused.)

Yeah I'm pleased they learned stuff from Borderlands 2. What sticks out to me early on is that they actually included sections where sniping is helpful, helping to remove its status in BL2 as a trap choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'm just to the point where I have to shut down the laser on the moon station and I have had quite enough of this game's platforming. It wasn't a good thing in shooters in the HL1 era and it isn't good now. The only thing making it difficult is the lovely world geometry.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Playing Borderlands for the writing is like reading the articles in Playboy.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Gearbox has literally never balanced their games well, the BL2 drop rate is poo poo, the gun balance is horrible (pistols for top DPS! :downsgun:), they've never fixed Zero being poo poo, and so on. This is a game where balance changes would be fairly easy to implement and they hardly ever did anything, making it necessary to use only a small subset of classes, builds, and guns to complete the game at the highest level. If you play without cheats the game expects you to spend hours farming the same loving gun every 2 levels.

So yeah, their MMO skillz are in question.

• Locked thread