Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Skandranon posted:

While I resent the full price for what feels more like a DLC (same engine, lots of similar assets, etc), I do look forward for some more of Jack. He's what made Borderlands 2 a much more engaging story (first time around) than BL1. BL1 barely had a story (something to do with the Crimson Lance and a vault?), but right from the beginning of BL2, you know you hate Jack and are going to smash his face in. If they can pull that off again, should be fun.

Honestly, I kind of wish that they didn't revisit Jack. Say what you will about the story in BL2 (I generally enjoyed it in my opinion, but then I am one of those people who doesn't poo poo themselves in rage over a nerd reference mind internet humor for the most part), but as a villain, Jack had a great arc. He shows up, he antagonizes you throughout the game, you eventually foil his ultimate goals, you shoot him in the face. I don't think we really need to have that arc again with the same character. Still, if it ends up being a 'bad guy' version of Borderlands, it would be interesting.

I am now looking forward to this after Destiny ultimately fell flat for me. Mostly because loot is so drat hard to get in that game. It just felt unfulfilling. Even WoW had you decked out in Quest Greens within a few hours.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Sep 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Considering that the big bads in this game want to blow up Pandora for whatever reason, Jack is probably taking matters into his own hands less for altruism and more for not wanting his efforts to go to waste.

He had already have had his daughter shoved into a computer by this time, so it is clear that whatever he is at the beginning of this game, it is not a good person.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I don't think it is a stretch to think that a good portion of the bandits were previous colonists that have gone insane. It is just one of the examples of the idea that Pandora is a dangerous shithole that will ruin you.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

CJacobs posted:

Also, wow, moon buggies are incredibly sticky and not fun to drive around in! You'd think having lower gravity would keep it from sticking to the ground and handling like the wheels are covered in tar.

I got both.

edit: Lol they're still censoring curse words :rolleyes:

Driving has always been terrible so I am not surprised. Still disappointed.

The reviews that I see out are right where I expected them to be: More Borderlands with diminishing returns. Still will see about unlocking the game early when I get home though.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Does anyone know when the Order stack healing for Nisha procs? I have not noticed it do anything. I really like her but I regret choosing Order to start out with.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
^^^

The air management stuff is seriously negligible. Enemies drop Oz canisters which restore 25%, the map is dotted with an abundance of O2 areas (Look for the dots on the mini map, walking over cracks on the ground restore oxygen), and the only penalty for running out of air is a very slow health drain.

And yes, Deadlift is rough. I think I maybe would have had an easier time if I had realized earlier you could shoot and detonate his big slow electric balls, but I was relying on Nisha's skill to do most of my damage.

Also, gently caress Kraggons, seriously.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Oct 14, 2014

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Reiley posted:

Yeah I was thinking of the right way to say that it's slow enough that it isn't a pressing matter and enemies poo poo canisters in combat, and I have an Oz tank that turns air canisters into heals too, but when you're exploring post-combat and you're using a bunch of boost jump you're like, ok hold on I need to refill my air and it feels really needless. I think the bigger qualm is how much of the game so far is in low-gravity. I hope the bulk of the game isn't low-G, it doesn't feel like a fun new thing, it's just sort of thick and sluggish, like your punishment for hitting spacebar is you get to hang out for a couple seconds unless you burn air on a butt slam. It's a little too on-the-nose with the moon gimmick.

I would say that just tapping crouch can send you to the ground without burning air for a butt slam, but I need to check to see if that in itself burns air...

EDIT: Actually, I don't see a noticeable drop in air if you butt slam or just regular drop; Only double jumping causes air to decrease faster.

EDIT2: I am enjoying the game but I sure hope that there are more colorful environments coming soon. Then again seeing as this is a moon, I am not holding my breath (Pun not intended I swear) :(

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Oct 14, 2014

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I got the game for $48 after a coupon, but still kind of wish that it was a bit cheaper. Saints row 4 got away with reusing the city because it gameplay additions supported it and brought out a new side to it. Even though the environments are different, and the low grav stuff is neat, this game still feels like a DLC to BL2. I guess what we are really paying for are the new character classes, which from what I played as Nisha, seem pretty cool.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Oct 14, 2014

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Samurai Sanders posted:

I thought the game was written BY Aussies.

It was developed by Aussies, I think Birch still headed writting.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I still am enjoying myself overall, but I guess I would not be so hard on it if it's base price were a bit cheaper. Like, around $40, 50 tops.

I really am looking forward to getting far enough into Nishas Law and Order tree to play her like a more shooty Kreig

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Oct 14, 2014

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Solartide posted:

Nisha is pretty much fire and forget as well. For Deadlift I got a shock sniper rifle from somewhere. Then I popped Nisha's skills that auto aims for this critical location for a few seconds and unloaded a magazine into him. I feel like I missed something based on all the other comments here.

Wait, I thought sniper rifles didn't work with her skill?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I was never much a fan of Moxxi, but I liked that last part as you were exiting Concordia.

bubbles and birds :3:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Have they changed how skill points from class mods worked? Cause I saw a lvl 10 mod for Nisha with the Tombstone skill on it, which is all the way down its tree. Or have class mods always been weird like that?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I never really cared for Moxxi, to be completely honest. I mean, I don't hate her, but I never really understood why she needed to be in every game since her debut.

Well, she had a funny scene in this game at least.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is Claptrap a decent solo character? I kind of want to try out a couple of the other characters.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
The only thing that is keeping me from diving into Claptrap is deciding which tree to level. I am sure it all balances out by mid level, but all his skills seem to have huge caveats at low levels. The fragmented tree for example seems like a huge deathtrap for leveling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

smashpro1 posted:

$10. The website says the current DLC plans are Jack, another character, level cap increase, and one new campaign.

Wait, will that be the entirety of the DLC? Cause that is disappointing when compared to the previous game.

• Locked thread