Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

chumbler posted:

All I know of Digimon is that I remember finding it more than a bit odd even when I was a kid that there were kind of creepily sexual bondage angels in a kids' show.

Also there was a cactus with boxing gloves, which actually kind of owned. So if the game has more of the boxing cacti and less of the bondage angels and fursonas then this might be something.

People in Japan smoke a poo poo ton of Weed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Actually that was when I first started smoking weed and I really got into the digimon scene. It's actually got some pretty mature themes and holds up on subsequent rewatches.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Endorph posted:

you skipped digimon tamers and gently caress you was that

digimon tamers is legit a good show

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

do they digivolve, like, weapons and clothes? if they digivolve a gun, what are they shooting as bullets?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there were pokemon-like digimon games on the PS2 that owned pretty hard. they are weird as gently caress sometimes though, probably just to differentiate themselves.

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

could a digimon beat a pokemon??

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Zombie Squared posted:

could a digimon beat a pokemon??

Easily. If you've watched the series, there are some extremely powerful digimon - Such as Mephistomon who was the size of a giant building and threatened all of Japan.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hoodrich posted:

Easily. If you've watched the series, there are some extremely powerful digimon - Such as Mephistomon who was the size of a giant building and threatened all of Japan.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
A small correction. I meant Myotismon, not Mephistomon who is also apparently a digimon.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Hoodrich posted:

one of the legendary pokemon is literally god

literally

god

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

SeXReX posted:

literally

god

Lol, yeah, God would totally allow himself to be captured in a pussy-rear end little bitch ball.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
hmm who are stronger pokemon or digimon????

it is truly a question for the ages, i'm thinking of staring up a vs thread in gbs myself lo;

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

A digimon could never surprise anyone with an attack because they loving telegraph the poo poo out of everything they do by SHOUTING WHAT THEYRE ABOUT TO DO

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

also at one point didn't they beat some digimon by just having everyone chant "(insert digimon name here) lose your powers"

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

SeXReX posted:

Hokey legends and some random kid's Pokedex entry don't make facts. Digimon are actually seen doing city- or planet-wrecking poo poo though, in-canon.

Digimon are better, you poop head! I'll beat you up during recess if you disagree!

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
gotta admit when one of the player got ran over by a train in the trailer i laughed out loud

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

SeXReX posted:

literally

god

At least 4 digimon are literally Satan.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

red plastic cup posted:

Mods please change this forum to Impmon Zone.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

red plastic cup posted:

Mods please change this forum to Impmon Zone.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

SeXReX posted:

literally

god

4 digimon are sovereigns, digimon gods, and they are all epic, espcially Ebonwumon because his voice actor in the dub is a scottish guy for one head and an irish guy for the other. Read more about them here: http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Digimon_Sovereigns

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

SeXReX posted:

A digimon could never surprise anyone with an attack because they loving telegraph the poo poo out of everything they do by SHOUTING WHAT THEYRE ABOUT TO DO

That's the honorable way of attacking, instead of being a little pussy bitch that needs to stab someone in the back. I bet you loved being stabbed in the back, the backside that is, with other men's huge pricks.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I loved digimon world when i was a kid but then i rented digimon world 2 and it was some dungeon crawling bullshit and I was like what the hell is this.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

theres a digimon called skullsatamon, holy crap

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Blackheart posted:

clearly a reference to SATA cables

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Nanomashoes posted:

clearly a reference to SATA cables

well obviously, that and skulls

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Blackheart posted:

let yugioh show you how its done

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Santa_Claws

Japanese (rōmaji) (日本語) Satan Kurōsu
Japanese (translated) (日本語) Satan Claus

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
lol

SkullSatamon is an Undead Digimon whose name and design are derived from "Skull" and the mythological Satan.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
this is the only :krad: digimon i remember

show me a pokemon with minigun arms fuckers

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Hoodrich posted:

lol

SkullSatamon is an Undead Digimon whose name and design are derived from "Skull" and the mythological Satan.

There is also lucimon: Satan mode, Diaboromon, and Beelzmon so at least 4 loving devils like i said.

Elfgames fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Sep 23, 2014

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Beelzmon used enlarge Satanmon. It's super effective!

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Smoekdaweedmon

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Fellis posted:

this is the only :krad: digimon i remember

show me a pokemon with minigun arms fuckers

Agreed. The Terriermon line is epic and my favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Smoekdaweedmon

Momentai.

• Locked thread