Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

Used Sunlight sales posted:

Student pilot checking in. As of today I have 22.9 hours in my book.
My girlfriend bought me an hour of time for Christmas last year. My instructor is very much old school, stick and rudder type. He is teaching me in a Cessna 150H and we fly out of sn63. Seriously, look that one up.

And I thought the airport i was planning on doing flight school at was bad. (Well, one flight school flies out of the commercial airport in town, which gets surprisingly a lot of traffic between PPLs, commercial, and commuter. It's 4 gates of commuter flying to hubs, and a whole ton of FedEx/UPS flights. FedEx has some cool looking planes, and some local cessnas/pipers.) The other is the little airfield south of town, which is all farmland, but has better sounding instructors. The one flight school has "guy who is so obsessed with Top Gun it's all over his bio" one commercial pilot doing commercial shipping flights and flight instructing in his spare time, and one guy who used to fly for AA doing regionals but now works for the TSA...not exactly inspiring enough to be worth a measly $400 difference for the total cost of the PPL. I'd rather learn on grass runways than learn from "wannabe Maverick...but the airforce wouldn't let me in" especially cause all i wanna do is be able to rent a plane every now and then for a weekend and go on weekend adventures.

Right now the limiting factor is the cost of the airtime. The instructor time isn't that bad, it's an extra $50 an hour, but the plane rental is $150/hr. I've done two hours of instructor time and loved every second of it, but that was two years ago. Being poor sucks. Especially when you want to fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

Used Sunlight sales posted:

Sometimes you just don't click with an instructor.

My friend Harry says that a man can go a day without food or water but a pilot can't go a day without a rationalization about why he needs an airplane.

Unfortunately until I get a license and can live in an airplane, rent comes first. food and water can go hang, but rent does need to be paid, unfortunately.

• Locked thread