Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rickety Cricket
Jan 6, 2011

I must be at the nexus of the universe!
OP update - passed my CFI-I checkride last night! Got to cap it off by flying the VOR/DME 15 at Martin State as the 3rd approach, first time I've ever actually flown the whole thing.

CFI CFII (KMTN)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rickety Cricket
Jan 6, 2011

SomeDrunkenMick posted:

I'm short-haul, so I have really no contact with the longhaul guys. It's a completely separate part of the company.

You ever jump across the pond and operate the Baltimore to Caribbean routes?

Rickety Cricket
Jan 6, 2011

We had a prop strike a couple weeks ago when an airplane taxied into an unmarked pothole covered in grass in the designated run up area. Yay state run airports!

Later that afternoon there were over a dozen bright orange cones placed around the ramp to alert people of even more uncovered holes.

Rickety Cricket
Jan 6, 2011

I'm loving the flurry of Trailer Park Boys references from the canucks here.

The Slaughter posted:

For anybody having taken a checkride recently, how dumb is the new ACS stuff vs the old pts?
I want to get a float addon but $$$, also risk.

The commercial is still using the PTS (Assuming you'd be doing a commercial SES add-on). That being said, there really isn't much change in the ACS for the PPL/IFR. There's just more of an emphasis on risk management and ADM (ie more scenario based), and the special emphasis areas were worked directly into each task, rather than being their own section. Our examiner was already doing his checkrides like this for quite some time so for us the switch was a non event.

Rickety Cricket
Jan 6, 2011

hjp766 posted:

Update to the op..
Please add A330/A350

Ta

Awesome. Congrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rickety Cricket
Jan 6, 2011

PT6A posted:

My instructors are driving me mad. They were getting me ready for my flight test despite the fact I told them I need a whole pile more hours (especially instrument hours, and PIC hours) before I can apply for a CPL anyway, and then just when I finally felt ready, they talked to the examiner who said (very reasonably, in my opinion) that there was no good reason to take the flight test before you have all those hours, because you'll fly better on the flight test if you have more practice overall.

Why they were so eager to get me to do the flight test earlier I'm not quite sure -- my main instructor was talking about it as early as January, and I still need 12 instrument hours and 39 PIC even now. I'd certainly rather go into it with more practice/experience, not less.

I'm not sure I follow. How can you take a flight test if you don't meet the minimums?

• Locked thread