Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I have to ask:

Company house boat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Holy hell, that's awesome.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

MrYenko posted:

C/W task card 2274. Sacrificed goats IAW Boeing MM 51-20 pg3. Akash Bhairab ops check good.

MrYenko
A&P3135556

A dive boat operator in Vietnam told me he still has to buy a goat for his employees to sacrifice every year so their boat doesn't sink.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

The Locator posted:

If that doesn't bring a smile to your face, you are cold and dead.

I clicked on the link because you said that and I was feeling kind of dead and cold, and now I have a huge grin on my face. :unsmith:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Buddy messages me: "You gotta see this."

http://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=178202

I click the link. Okay, it's an incident from two days ago, aircraft type...

Ekranoplan?

What.

:psyboom:

(No fatalities or major injuries, has video of the crash).

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

JnnyThndrs posted:

Holy poo poo, never heard of these until now. Spent an hour watching very large planes skim the water and loved every minute.

Ekranoplans are the best. The big scary Cold War ones also have the best nickname, "the Caspian Sea Monster".

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Every time I go to Asia or the Middle East, I have to suppress the urge to yell at all the people jumping out of their seats before we even clear the runway. Drives you nuts. Like, hello, we're trying to have a technological civilization here, that means you have to follow certain rules so you don't get dead.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I have no idea what Seattle and SFO are going to do. They're now huge tech hubs with absolutely zero available land around them and massive amounts of NIMBYism.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
The A gates are such an agonizingly long hike, too. I flew out of A14 last week and I thought I was going to end up in Tacoma before I got to the gate.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

The Slaughter posted:

Yeah I really think there should be a train stop for A14 or better people mover or at least expansion of the moving walkways. Failing that, a little skybridge connector between S and A14 would do the trick too. It would also be nice if the light rail stop was better connected to the main terminal, like a moving walkway amongst the garage .

It'll never happen, this is the same city that built an airport light rail station that requires riders to walk a quarter mile in the cold to get to the terminal :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

CharlesM posted:

Seriously why did they do that.

Only poors use public transit so they don't want to spend money on it. (At least I assume that's why.) It's dumb as gently caress.

• Locked thread