Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I've been scouring my FAR and Google for the answer to this but with no luck, so maybe y'all can help.
If I'm doing ground operations at an uncontrolled airfield (no tower, unicoms, etc), is there any special license required to talk to taxiing aircraft on an unused freq to coordinate? IE your radio license or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

azflyboy posted:

This hasn't been a good year for airlines based in Malaysia, but apparently the accident airplane was operated by their Indonesian affiliate carrier.

From what I've seen reported, there were some pretty massive thunderstorms along the route the flight was supposed to take, so I'm wondering if the crew didn't somehow divert themselves into the middle of a bad cell.

Wx was poo poo, looking at the radar, and sources are saying that it was going 100 kts slower than filed. But of course take all of that with the rest of the wild speculations that happen during the times like this.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

e.pilot posted:

What if it just kept climbing all the way to the moon?

Nah, the black hole would've gotten it first.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Captain Apollo posted:

I bet the FAA is going to screw us this year in the 3rd class medical exemption. My grandfather in law, retired Colonel USAF B-52s has been waiting about 2 years to fly his mooney.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/3708

The link shows the progress of the general aviation pilot protection act GAPPA. If your rep isn't on the co sponsor list, give them a call or email and ask them to support it.

On my current medication, the FAA prefers if I had depression instead of OCD (at least, it would be easier with the former according to off-the-record conversations with a few AMEs). I really hope they don't gently caress this one up...

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Guys, I hate to say it, but we've been found out

• Locked thread