Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

overdesigned posted:

Got selected to fly jets at NAS Meridian today. A good day.

Well that's pretty awesome - congrats!

Bob A Feet posted:

and from that he selects ... Prowler

Huh, I had no idea the Marines were (still) flying Prowlers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

The marines are still flying hueys, cobras, and harriers. They'd probably fly skyraiders if they burned jet fuel.
Yeah I knew all that. Just, for whatever reason, my brain and "Marines in Prowlers?!?" just didn't want to jive. :v:

Bob A Feet posted:

In our defense all the Huey's we fly are brand new. 95% of the Cobras we fly are brand new. The C130's are brand new. Osprey, new. Only old poo poo is really really old and thats the jets.
I've gotta be honest, the 4-bladed, twin engined hueys -y's and the cobra -z's are just :swoon:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

vessbot posted:

But absolutely never ever put more money down on account than you'd be willing to lose in a flight school bankruptcy... this has happened multiple times with 5 figures of students' prepaid money vanishing with the school.

Sometimes even six figures! ...fuckin' Silver State Helicopters/Jerry Ariola. :argh:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Leviathor posted:

Find a friend with a GoPro, and time lapse the entire trip.

Hah, like the battery would last that long.

Seriously though, they never ever last in mine... I've never even come close to filling an SD card before I have to swap the little bricks out. :mad:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Disappointed there's no HIPSTR, FIXIE and BYCCL for PDX

Or perhaps HNDLBR - MUSTCH

:rimshot:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
There really should be some sort of sliding scale or color coded chart.

Good Landing ---> A Landing ---> Uncomfortable Landing ---> Bumpy Landing ---> Rough Landing ---> Hard Landing ---> Ow My rear end ---> OH GOD MY SPINE ---> Crash Landing ---> I Think We Have a Prob[...[CVR ENDS]...] ---

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Shim Howard posted:

Guys I'm concerned.

:doh:
I'm that guy who always gets movie quotes slightly wrong.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

PT6A posted:

If the co-pilot intentionally crashed this plane, it's not really fair to call it suicide. It was deliberate action to kill 149 people who had no say in the matter, if that were the case, so it bears no more similarity to a normal suicide than 9/11 does.

Fffffffine it's murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-suicide.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Oh boy, acronym chat... again.

Again again. :jerkbag:

Ed: Hah wrong aviation thread but whatever, sentiment remains the same.

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Apr 30, 2015

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
In my mind AZPilot looks like he's 12 as well. Everytime I fly to my hometown from Seattle I keep on the lookout for a baby-faced gooney-type pilot and wonder if it's him. :v:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

AWSEFT posted:

There are a couple pilots ITT that are in SEA area.

Yeah but as I recall he flies for a carrier/route I'm on ~semi regularly.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

The Ferret King posted:

A cautionary article regarding the dangers of misinterpreting Temporary Flight Restriction textual descriptions:

A thump on final

Just read this article - what exactly is this getting "thumped"? The F-16 trying to get his attention with its wake turbulence?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Captain Apollo posted:

Mine goes something like this: Don't kill myself. Take a deep breath. When the gently caress am I going to get there, and does anybody else give a poo poo?

I thought it was "check mah fuel? check mah weight? naaaaaaah gently caress it I'm going deep!" :v:

Also, in continuing CAP chat: they just found a different plane (from MN, not the one w/ the girl who walked away) out here in WA state so I guess they're somewhat useful out here. :shrug:

My interaction with them as a kid in my old hometown was similar to a few others in this thread - faux AF dudes tooting around in cessnas but never really letting the kids up with them.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

azflyboy posted:

I currently fly for a regional with a parent company that's making record profits, and their management is threatening to park 40% of our airplanes and outsourcing the flying to a non-union airline unless agree to concessions in our contract, which is a pretty good example of the lack of stability in this industry.

Man I wish they'd stop screwing with My Regional of Choice since I have to take them semi frequently and I don't want to see Goons get screwed out of :homebrew: AND considering how F'd up the state of aviation is and has been.

Speaking of which: azflyboy you still doing SEA->MFR at all? Going down there next Friday and I want you to be my chauffeur pilot. :v:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
I'm assuming no CVR on that as well, right? Cause holy poo poo I'd love to hear the conversation in that cockpit. :stare:

Hope nobody got nailed by the retreating cable chunks.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Eight people got hurt, some pretty seriously. They had to medevac them to an ER in Norfolk. That cable is a real motherfucker when it snaps.

That sucks. I remember a handful of dudes getting pretty jacked up from that classic F/A-18 cable snap youtube that always gets posted around here/Aeronautical Insanity.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Same here - but I super doubt I would have qualified/made the cut back when I was 18-19 and sort of forgot about it until I had passed 33 years old. I've heard it's insanely competitive though.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

KodiakRS posted:

My guess is the pilot was assigned a dot to land on

:stare: that's a thing? That seems like one dumb incident away from the FAA sweeping in and being like "nah, no more of that."

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
I wish I wasn't too old because I would apply in a heartbeat. :smith:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Minimum Requirements:

• Be a United States citizen
  • Be under the age of 31 on August 15, 2016*

I'm 8 :smith:'s over.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

shame on an IGA posted:

Also, an F18 crashed at Fallon during a repair check flight, pilot is fine therefore lol.

Clearly the repairs did not take.

Jobs I would do: military test pilot
Jobs I would not do: military repair check pilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

INTJ Mastermind posted:

Sounds like perfect fodder for aviation nerd "Yo Momma so fat..." Jokes.

"Yo your ejection weight is soooo high that..."
or
"Yo your ejection minimums are soooo low that..."

• Locked thread