Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

brendanwor posted:

Going for a jumpseat ride in my new machine (B737-900ER), mid-type rating at the moment.

Auto landing?

Wait can't be as it's in single ch, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

brendanwor posted:

Good spotting! Correct, dual channel required for autoland. Though usually we would fly an ILS dual channel, even if not intending to autoland, so that we have automatic go-around capability (if you hit TOGA while single channel only then the autopilot disconnects and you've gotta handfly, at least back up to minimum 400' A/P engagement height). Not sure why the guys decided to only fly this one single channel :shrug:

So it's single channel but it looks like ap1 and ap2 are engaged at the same time? Whys that?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Anyone wanting to interact with ATC on flight sim check out pilotedge.com.

It's a subscription service but the quality of ATC is very good. SoCal has plenty of airspace types to mess with.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I can't imagine Santa Barbara ever having the traffic to have JetBlue regardless of runway length.

They still operate motor coach service to lax because it's just not that far.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Is the Denver bump still the term for the above normal power rated takeoff procedure?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

The pilots on this compass flight to aus make me feel ancient. They look 16.

6 week old big shiny jet though, still has that new smell.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Law school? The grass really is always greener on the other side

What is the cheapest location in the states to get a ppl? How much is it?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Yeah, it does

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Isn't it just further evidence leading to a stall?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

e.pilot posted:

It'd almost be cheaper to buy your own plane and fly yourself at that point.

I know consulting companies that have done this when a carrier won't play ball and they know the 16 of their employees flying every week are propping up the route.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

The a380s I've been on with Emirates have been 100% full and often forced denied boarding.

It's their 773s into place like Male Maldives that kill the load factor imo.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Basically what I'm saying is that Dallas is a lot like Male when you think about it

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Jealous Cow posted:

Welp. It's $2400 round trip

I wonder if they sell out...

Are you looking with less than 48 hours notice and using that as a representative fare on the route as a whole?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

PT6A posted:

The BA routes that really stick out as odd in my mind are LHR-AUS and LHR-MCO.

London to Disney isn't that much of a stretch, is it?

Probably makes more sense than LGW-TPA but even when I took that flight club world was full.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Groda posted:

I am constantly :psyduck:ing at my Swedish colleagues, but if you're white, boring and middle-aged, Florida is just so hopelessly popular.

Stockholm-Arlanda has direct flights to Fort Lauderdale.

Do Swedes love cruises or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Jealous Cow posted:

Speaking of JetBlue have any of you tried the Mint route between JFK and SFO? Is it similar to UA and AA's transcon lie flats?

It's fine. I tend to prefer it more than AA biz but not AA first on the route.

• Locked thread