Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CraZy GrinGo
Jul 29, 2003
Veteran³

Captain Apollo posted:

I just booked my first helicopter lesson.

This outta be fun.

Make sure you do at least one auto!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CraZy GrinGo
Jul 29, 2003
Veteran³
Spent three days last week flying to and from the company houseboat at Lake Powell. Besides landing on the boat, the students got to go swimming, fishing, and ride jet skis. Went there in an R44 and two R66s, one of which had just arrived the night before from the factory. Stayed overnight in one of the guest rooms after the second trip. Being a flight instructor isn't always as bad as people make it sound.

CraZy GrinGo
Jul 29, 2003
Veteran³

KodiakRS posted:

You mean your flight school doesn't have a company houseboat that you can land your helicopter on?

P.S. Does John Johnson still keep track of how many times he uses the word "hence" whenever he's teaching?

That's the one! JJ is the same as always, it's fun to listen to him talk to the new students during orientation. There is always an equal amount of laughing and groaning from the crowd.

CraZy GrinGo
Jul 29, 2003
Veteran³
It's been a long time since I posted anything here, but after years of moving back and forth across the country for seasonal work, I've finally landed an HAA job with Careflite in the Dallas Fort Worth area. So far I love it! Fun, interesting flying with so many different hospitals here. Even better, my base at Granbury regional is right by a small fixed wing school. After seven years of flying choppers, I can finally learn to fly an airplane!

CraZy GrinGo fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Feb 16, 2017

CraZy GrinGo
Jul 29, 2003
Veteran³
Yeah, we never have a reason to enter Bravo unless we're going to a hospital in Dallas. The guys working the tower at Love are very helpful. Parkland hospital is about 2 miles from the departure end of 13R. Makes it a pretty tight landing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CraZy GrinGo
Jul 29, 2003
Veteran³
Flying around Fort Worth and Waco. I love my 407.

• Locked thread