Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

I'm rusty on this stuff, but you can log PIC in that aircraft if you are rated to fly it and while you are the sole manipulator of the controls. I'm not even sure if you need the endorsement to log PIC. You can log PIC and instrument time with your friend under the hood, but it's not "instruction" time.

Actually, you said you are working on your PPL - I don't know if any of that is true now, you might need the instructor to log since you are not rated to be at the controls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Anyone have experience flying NYC/long island area? I just started taking refresher lessons out of KFRG and omg it's expensive, $170/hr 172, $70/hr instructor, a few schools have similar rates. Anything better/cheaper around? Maybe it's time to start flying 152s.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

I don't fly that much

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Eeeesh. Sounds like I will just have to pay up if I want to continue. That's NY I guess. A club or partnership is a good idea, but I would want to commit to getting back into more frequent hours, which may not be possible for me right now (my current logbook page has 3 different years on it).

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Weird stuff in your aeroplane chat: I always did my preflights real thorough since on my first flight I discovered a pretty well developed birds nest inside the engine cowling (on a plane that is in almost continuous use).

CAP chat: they would do lazy stuff like not fly a pattern approach and at least twice didn't report on CTAF at my old uncontrolled airport. I mean if you are in an old Sopwith Camel and you don't have a radio or had a failure I understand but to not use your radio because you're some pretend badass is just dumb.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Try not to go to the doctor ever is sadly a pretty good strategy in the american health care system in general

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

I liked sticking with one instructor for initial, and I think it's worth trying out multiple instructors to find one you gel with. We also did a couple checkrides with other instructors just to get a different perspective.

Just found out my OG student medical is expired, I've probably flown like ~10 hrs since I got my PPL over 4 years :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Yeah even when I was way post solo and getting ready for my check ride my instructor would check fuel and sometimes oil and a handful of other things quickly. It's just a good idea.

• Locked thread