Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

Bob A Feet posted:

Anybody in Syracuse? Flying there from Wilmington today with a two plane section for a lil cross country action.

Oasis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
Xposting from the AI thread:

Not sure if anyone here has been following the Bugatti 100p project that's been going on for a while. It crashed today, killing the pilot.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

vessbot posted:

Rut-roh! I'll be commuting MSP-JFK on Delta network.

So, uh, anyone else's Facebook heating up with plane on a treadmill lately?

MSP-LGA is usually wide open, especially compared to JFK which is almost always over sold. You can take the NYC Airporter shuttle to the other airport for $10-15 though.

two_beer_bishes fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Oct 16, 2016

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

xaarman posted:

Can you look into a Flying club? Usually insurance is wrapped up into those costs.

I went to a local FBO to knock out my ATP, and was the most money grubbing, POS operation I could imagine (want to use our checklist? $5. Headset? $10. Separate ground instruction? $35/hr.) Half of the old rear end avionics were labeled INOP. Anyways, they wanted me to purchase my own insurance for the whopping 5 hours I was going to use their plane and it came out to like $500-600/yr. But hey, I could cancel after I was done and they would refund me 50%!

Then I went to the local Community College, everything was included in the rental, had beautiful fully functioning G1000 avionics, and I did it in 1.5 flights and a check.

YMMV, but it certainly turned me off to the smaller mom and pop shops.

In my experience it's pretty normal to be charged ~$10 to use their headset and the ground instruction charge seems normal too. gently caress charging people to use the checklist though.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
Fedex DC10 on fire at FLL

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
Holding for Atlanta, most likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

Truga posted:

The overbooking is because no airline in the history of airlines has ever been solvent, so they overbook because 99.9% times, someone won't show anyway. Gotta squeeze those bucks.

I know JetBlue has a policy to not overbook flights.

• Locked thread