Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AWSEFT
Apr 28, 2006

Rolo posted:

They will sometimes if I call and beg for a sandwich because I'm on hour 10 of duty without a scrap, but there's really no policy because "we don't know what you like." Plus the employee that ends up getting it is guaranteed to be all "you're welcome" and "how was that food I bought you?"

If I haven't eaten in 8+ hours, eating is not a privilege.

That is MESSED UP. You should make a little pdf of your different meal preferences and send it in, then they can't tell you that.

Also, I'm pretty sure if there is an incident/accident the FAA is gonna want to know if/when you ate.

I'm really not surprised though, I talk to plenty of 135 guys that get treated very poorly. My friend violated rest rules a few times and the company wouldn't hear it. He quit w/o another job lined up. The CP was pissed but "oh loving well".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWSEFT
Apr 28, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

Isn't this what NASA reports are for?

Not if you do something internationally illegal. Only covers if you do something (like miss a restriction, bust airspace, etc) by accident.

VOR LOC posted:

Lol if you think the Feds are going to give two shits about your average 135 operation. I literally had an Faa inspector tell my chief pilot that the company's rest rules were illegal (24/7 on call) and then watched as my chief pilot argued back that the FAA had signed our GOM making everything in it FAA approved so how could it be illegal? I don't even know why the Feds dreamt up part 135 no one even pretends to follow the rules anyway.
Mine does :3

AWSEFT
Apr 28, 2006

The Ferret King posted:

I thought he meant reporting the company. But maybe I'm not following.

Why did your buddy knowingly violate the rest rules?

He should have reported the company to the FSDO but he didn't. He was put in a bad position..... but reporting yourself is pretty dumb as well. So it happened, he decided to just quit. Don't feel too bad, he got a job a reputable 135 listed on APC now.

AWSEFT
Apr 28, 2006

Jealous Cow posted:

It isn't regular enough and it's usually very short notice. I've flown every week since the end of January but only to New York about 3/4 of those weeks.

I travel a lot for work lol

A fractional could do that.

AWSEFT fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 2, 2016

AWSEFT
Apr 28, 2006

hjp766 posted:

Your logbook is up to date? Command or Job change detected...

I keep mine updated. Its just easier.

AWSEFT
Apr 28, 2006

Desi posted:

So, a lot has changed since I last posted (OP needs updating, badly).

Desi = YOW - ASEL Comm - Class 4 Flight Instructor
Desi = YOW AMEL FI (Class 2), FII, MEI (I guess, 'murican terms but whatever)

Updated

AWSEFT
Apr 28, 2006

Hi guys!

I'm back.... for now. Been kinda busy and just completely ignored SA for the last.... oh 1,500 posts or so. I asked Slaughter to take over but apparently he didn't want to. My name wasn't mentioned on any of those pages so I didn't update the OP. As for me I got hired flying an Airbus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWSEFT
Apr 28, 2006

Sept 2014 was the date the last thread opened..... Crap...

Here's the new one

• Locked thread