Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win season 25?
This poll is closed.
#SoulSurfers 8 15.09%
#TeamNashville 1 1.89%
#TheWrestlers 9 16.98%
#TheDatingCouple 1 1.89%
#TheCyclists 2 3.77%
#MiamiRealtors 1 1.89%
#MomDaughter 3 5.66%
#TheFirefighters 6 11.32%
#SweetScientists 9 16.98%
#CollegeSweethearts 5 9.43%
#TheDentists 8 15.09%
Total: 53 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Jesus
Jun 20, 2002

lol jews gonna get fucked.
Meh, I don't like non-eliminations anyway and this "twist" is pointless. It was a pretty tense episode until it meant nothing in the end. And the only difference between continuing the race and stopping at the pit stop is they don't get to sleep in a hotel, then go to an airport. Instead they go directly to the airport and sleep on a 20 hour plane ride. Way to mix it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Kung Fu Jesus posted:

Meh, I don't like non-eliminations anyway and this "twist" is pointless. It was a pretty tense episode until it meant nothing in the end. And the only difference between continuing the race and stopping at the pit stop is they don't get to sleep in a hotel, then go to an airport. Instead they go directly to the airport and sleep on a 20 hour plane ride. Way to mix it up.

And the wrestlers don't get a prize for winning the leg.

It's a conspiracy!

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

And the wrestlers don't get a prize for winning the leg.

It's a conspiracy!

If it had been another team, maybe. But those girls will never win and they're both very boring.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Wow, a biking task. Rigged for the Cyclists, much?

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Shakugan posted:

They should fire whoever thought it was a good idea to have detours this season where the tasks aren't described and teams are just forced to guess which one they attempt.

Idk, I like it.

I don't really like 4 teams in the finale. Oh well.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I don't much like the twist. Wrestlers got screwed out of a prize and I'm guessing everyone will end up on the same plane anyway where they all sleep. So what's the point besides maybe causing Ami to die before she gets to the airport?

Andorra posted:

Wow, a biking task. Rigged for the Cyclists, much?

Eh. It was a bike. It wasn't a real race or something overly tricky. It was just knowing how to ride a bike and having the physical strength to do it. They may ride bikes for a living but if you can't ride a bike you should be eliminated from the Amazing Race and get mad at your dad and mom.

Besides, the cyclists got eliminated because of a surfing task won by professional surfers. And I didn't think that was a big deal rig either. Some things will be advantages and some won't. That seems reasonable to me.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
I was so hoping that both ends of the detour were basketball, just at different hoops in opposite directions.

That was a really good episode though.

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
I laughed at the "AND THE RACE CONTINUES RIGHT NOW" (So RUSH to the airport to book a flight probably tomorrow so you end up in LA 14 hours after that) RACE RACE RACE.

An I can't see how they don't (secretly) give the racers a day off in LA to get over jet-lag, unless they want groggy players stumbling around.

R to the J
Sep 2, 2004

The biggest e-penis of them all!
I was definitely wondering when they did the interviews. They clearly must've had some downtime in between this episode and the finale in order to film them.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

So since the leg really didn't end do the Scientists not have to do a Speed Bump?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

sportsgenius86 posted:

So since the leg really didn't end do the Scientists not have to do a Speed Bump?

Presumably not since they're gonna have an elimination some time in the middle of the final leg.

Kung Fu Jesus
Jun 20, 2002

lol jews gonna get fucked.

PowerBuilder3 posted:

An I can't see how they don't (secretly) give the racers a day off in LA to get over jet-lag, unless they want groggy players stumbling around.

There was an interview with one of the long hair rocker guys(the ones who lost their stuff in Russia) on AV Club where he basically said they never know when they can sleep and when they will race. This was his explanation for why a seemingly simple instruction gets people so confused. I guess they do race with little sleep at least part of the time.

I've also made that flight, with a stop over in Hawaii. It was 16 hours I think. Just sleep for the whole thing, which shouldn't be a problem after the tasks they had to do. They should be able to function for one day, especially with the adrenalin of a million bucks at the end.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
:siren:Previously on the Amazing Race!:siren:

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I notice a lack of taxis in this leg. I wonder why they never let teams drive on the final legs before.

I'm so glad I was never a fan of the wrestlers, because there's no way they're winning with how lost they are.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004

Andorra posted:

I notice a lack of taxis in this leg. I wonder why they never let teams drive on the final legs before.

I'm so glad I was never a fan of the wrestlers, because there's no way they're winning with how lost they are.

Taxi drivers in the US have been horrible at directions or not knowing the english language in past seasons.

EDIT: Rule #1, read the clue candygirls!

Saveron_01 fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Dec 20, 2014

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
:lol: And there's Phil just strolling around the corner. If he didn't eliminate the Wrestlers now, the other three teams would probably reach the finish line before the wrestlers found the boats.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
This challenge makes up for the entire season.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004

SteveVizsla posted:

This challenge makes up for the entire season.

Exactly, this is a serious challenge to get through.

Edit: Sweet Jesus!

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Or not :( They made it too easy.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

SteveVizsla posted:

Or not :( They made it too easy.

Was it? According to comment Jim made, they were there for 4 or 5 hours. Haven't seen yet if people actually remember their numbers correctly yet.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
After the insane memory challenge in Season 12, this might be the hardest one. I know I'd never be able to do it.

I doubt they were there for 4 hours, but they were probably there for a while. It just doesn't seem that way because the show barely spent any time on it.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
You got to be kidding me

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Well this was a boring result

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Glad they won over creepy eyes.

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

I was rooting for Sharbait Ooh ah ah :( The problem with this season was that I didn't hate anyone enough to be really into it!

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Man that's pretty lame that the team that gets saved by an extra non-elimination on the penultimate leg comes back for one leg to win.

Edit: Really? Amazing Race: Blind Date Edition??

Joose Caboose fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Dec 20, 2014

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Oh God next season looks horrible.

Nairb
Dec 28, 2005

Joose Caboose posted:

Man that's pretty lame that the team that gets saved by an extra non-elimination on the penultimate leg comes back for one leg to win.

And there wasn't even a penalty for coming in last

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Hahah what??? They saw Team Kentucky last team and thought it was a GOOD idea to cast teams that didn't know each other?!

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
If nobody makes a GIF of Phil staring down the camera while on the crane for the road block intro then I will be so disappointed.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That was such a bullshit win because of that stupid twist.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Nairb posted:

And there wasn't even a penalty for coming in last

Because they were still on the leg; there's no penalty if the leg didn't actually end. Think of it as Phil just handing them their next clue, instead of a clue box.

I still think the final task was too easy. The flight got in when the sun was already pretty high up in the sky. They drove around LA, trained for and did the stunt, went out on the boats and got training for all of that and had to come back in and switch clothes again, get to the shipping container location, did that task, and all got to the finish line while the sun was still up pretty high.

I won't be doing the thread next season so it's up for grabs.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

What a stupid idea. Second to last leg a non-elimination with no speed bump penalty. And then an equalizer flight to start the final leg. That totally makes sense.

Whatever, this show deserves the Friday Death Slot.

Edit: Just realized that this is two seasons in a row with terrible finales.

Sudden Loud Noise fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 20, 2014

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

I would have definitely preferred the Soul Surfers, but I'm happy with the Amy and Maya win, because the alternative would have been Creepy Eyes winning, with Brooke and Robby somewhere in Santa Monica.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
I knew the Scientist were going to win 5 min into the episode, when Jim said "they are the low hanging fruits". There was no way in hell that they would keep that in the edit if they had not won.

Additionally I have to say the Save is far to strong if they have no elimination after the last point at which it can be used.

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.
A middle/bottom of the pack team won, because of non-elimination on the second to last leg.

At least none of the teams were really horrible to the point of hating, and it was kind of funny seeing the dentists eat their words and the wrestlers be so far behind that they would have been in dead last even if it was just three teams racing.

They're definitely trying all the gimmicks to keep people interested in the show, considering the Friday night death slot. Next season could be absolutely hilarious or incredibly horrible, depending on how bad/good the drama is.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
If they're going to end this show after next season it's not because of ratings, it gets good numbers relative to its competition and factoring in DVR watchers.

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

GaussianCopula posted:

I knew the Scientist were going to win 5 min into the episode, when Jim said "they are the low hanging fruits". There was no way in hell that they would keep that in the edit if they had not won.

Additionally I have to say the Save is far to strong if they have no elimination after the last point at which it can be used.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who heard that and immediately knew the Scientists would win. Reminds me of the season where the Beekman Boys won except I was actually happy for them when they pulled it out. Where this season fell flat for me was that there was no one to either really love or hate. I mean the Wrestlers and Dentists were not always the nicest people, but they were never bad enough to hate and actually were at times the most likeable due to their reactions.

Next season has the potential to either be the best or worst season based on how the teams react to each other. Something just tells me that there will be a team that runs over the competition and cakewalks to a million dollars. Hopefully I'm wrong but we'll see.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
I liked this finale. I'm probably the only person who was constantly annoyed that they got called the "candy girls" instead of "scientists."

But like I said last week, I thought the only boring outcome would be the dentists winning because they were so dominant.

I mean, we actually got a memorization challenge, which is better than the past seasons that skipped that step.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

GaussianCopula posted:

If the Save was used there would have needed to be an extra elimination somewhere, presumably in the penultimate leg.

• Locked thread