Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win season 25?
This poll is closed.
#SoulSurfers 8 15.09%
#TeamNashville 1 1.89%
#TheWrestlers 9 16.98%
#TheDatingCouple 1 1.89%
#TheCyclists 2 3.77%
#MiamiRealtors 1 1.89%
#MomDaughter 3 5.66%
#TheFirefighters 6 11.32%
#SweetScientists 9 16.98%
#CollegeSweethearts 5 9.43%
#TheDentists 8 15.09%
Total: 53 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away
After a miserable last season (seriously, the entire top 3 was unlikable) I'm really happy with how this season has turned out. I like all of the teams on the show, but the Sweethearts are kind of boring. The cyclists are my favorite after their antics with Team No-Fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away
Season 26 cast introduction video is up.

queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away
I sincerely hope we get some less obvious countries in the next season. I know the logistics of visas, flight availability, etc. plays a huge role in the locales the teams visit, but after doing a binge-watch of all 25 seasons, I have a difficult time getting excited about episodes that take place in China, India, France, Italy, or the UK. There are a lot of stable eastern European nations that haven't been touched by the show yet (Slovenia, Slovakia, Latvia, Bulgaria). Hell, sub-saharan Africa doesn't even seem to be on the producers' radar anymore -- no South Africa since season 7?! -- though I must give them credit for how much they featured Morocco this season.

Actually, a lot of my favorite legs are the ones that involve places generally off the tourist radar: Azerbaijan, Oman, Kazakhstan, Burkina Faso, Lithuania, Mozambique, etc. Seeing Malta this season was neat.

queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away
Yeah, seeing teams react to cities in India and Bangladesh is... enlightening, I'll give you that. (Also, the episode in S21 where James & Abba had to beg for money in Dhaka was extremely cringe-worthy.)

queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away
Anybody planning on making a S26 thread? It premieres in a week. I'm not confident in my ability to do it, otherwise I would.

• Locked thread