Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Astroman posted:

Maybe the move is this:

John/Mary/Sam/Dean plus adoptive brother Cas and adoptive son Jack all get together. And Uncle Bobby.

Chuck comes back, reconciles with Lucifer who gets over his Daddy issues, maybe gets weekend visitation rights with Jack. Gabriel comes back, as well as God's Sister.

Crowley and Rowena happily move into Hell and rule it, but have a truce with the Winchesters not to try and take over the world, just take souls of actual bad people.

The show ends with all the various families having happy endings. It would be a real fitting wrapup for a show that has been about family from the beginning.

Can we get Adam out of the cage? As much as the show has been about family, leaving Adam in the hell cage for 10 years is a pretty dick move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Yeah, Adam coming back for at least one episode would be a good conclusion.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Wouldn't Adam be thousands of years old by now? He didn't get tortured, but being locked in a box with 1-3 other guys for thousands of years can't be good for you. They didn't even have books or TV or anything.

Tequila25
May 12, 2001
Ask me about tapioca.
Adam is going to be the final big bad.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Psychepath posted:

It's feeling like with the Sheriff's speech, Sam wanting him to tell his son the truth, and the teenagers, they're inching toward a full iZombie knowledge dump on the rest of the world. And hunters/angels/demons in a world where everyone knows what's going on in the dark sounds interesting to me.

That would make sense.

Cameras are everywhere. Far more than even 14 years ago when the show started. Really good cameras, too. 20 years ago a store security camera was usually a blurry black and white mess. I worked at a 7-11 back then and to save storage space the VCR only recorded a frame every 3 seconds. Now it's a few hundred bucks for a full set up with HD cameras that have night vision built in and a DVR that can record hundreds of hours of full HD footage. Plus phone cameras, dash cams, body cams. Some things don't show up on camera, but lots of things do.

It's inconceivable that there isn't already plenty of legit recordings of monsters and magic on their universe's Youtube. The situation is ripe. Eventually something is going to get on the news, and then something else, and then the secret is out and the hundreds of credible witnesses and survivors will go public.

At some point the only explanation for monsters not being on the 6 o'clock news is monsters being extinct. We've seen no sign of any leader type monsters with the juice to censor the whole drat internet.

For extra irony points the boys should end up joining the FBI's monster task force, so they finally have real badges.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Aren't they still technically wanted/presumed dead murderers from like season 3?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Azhais posted:

Aren't they still technically wanted/presumed dead murderers from like season 3?

Or from when they kidnapped the president.

Or from any of the other times that I'm sure I'm forgetting.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Facebook Aunt posted:

That would make sense.

Cameras are everywhere. Far more than even 14 years ago when the show started. Really good cameras, too. 20 years ago a store security camera was usually a blurry black and white mess. I worked at a 7-11 back then and to save storage space the VCR only recorded a frame every 3 seconds. Now it's a few hundred bucks for a full set up with HD cameras that have night vision built in and a DVR that can record hundreds of hours of full HD footage. Plus phone cameras, dash cams, body cams. Some things don't show up on camera, but lots of things do.

It's inconceivable that there isn't already plenty of legit recordings of monsters and magic on their universe's Youtube. The situation is ripe. Eventually something is going to get on the news, and then something else, and then the secret is out and the hundreds of credible witnesses and survivors will go public.

At some point the only explanation for monsters not being on the 6 o'clock news is monsters being extinct. We've seen no sign of any leader type monsters with the juice to censor the whole drat internet.

For extra irony points the boys should end up joining the FBI's monster task force, so they finally have real badges.

I'd like the final story arc to be for people to find out about everything. Or maybe it's like Buffy where you find out that, yeah, everyone loving knows but no one wants to talk about it.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Azhais posted:

If monsters are accepted as real they can explain all that.

They would still be on the hook for all the credit card fraud though. LOL.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Facebook Aunt posted:

If monsters are accepted as real they can explain all that.

They would still be on the hook for all the credit card fraud though. LOL.

i was thinking about how they would just come out and explain everything to people. Like they're at the presidential podium on live tv.

"Okay, so the christian god is basically real, kinda a dick, all the other religious icons people on Earth believe in were murdered in a get together in a motel, there's alternate realities, every type of monster you've heard of, or haven't heard of it exists, remember when Chicago was falling apart? That was us fighting Lucifer and also Death was there. Yeah, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse existed. Been to Hell. Sucks. Been to Heaven. Kinda cool, but not really. Angels are mostly dicks. Sometimes demons are our friends. We found a cool gun once that killed a bunch of monsters but then we lost it. Basically a lot of monsters exist, angels exist and their mostly dicks, try not to end up in hell unless you make friends with the King of hell which is different then Lucifer because we threw his rear end into a transdimenional cage with out half brother, but he is back now and doing stuff, but long story.... and... now we'll take questions."

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

1glitch0 posted:

i was thinking about how they would just come out and explain everything to people. Like they're at the presidential podium on live tv.

"Okay, so the christian god is basically real, kinda a dick, all the other religious icons people on Earth believe in were murdered in a get together in a motel, there's alternate realities, every type of monster you've heard of, or haven't heard of it exists, remember when Chicago was falling apart? That was us fighting Lucifer and also Death was there. Yeah, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse existed. Been to Hell. Sucks. Been to Heaven. Kinda cool, but not really. Angels are mostly dicks. Sometimes demons are our friends. We found a cool gun once that killed a bunch of monsters but then we lost it. Basically a lot of monsters exist, angels exist and their mostly dicks, try not to end up in hell unless you make friends with the King of hell which is different then Lucifer because we threw his rear end into a transdimenional cage with out half brother, but he is back now and doing stuff, but long story.... and... now we'll take questions."

"Oh--and I killed Hitler."

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The last scene is going to fade to black, and then a few mins later it'll be the boys waking up from a 14 year coma after the wreck in the 1st season finale.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1glitch0 posted:

I'd probably focus on the monster stuff and not the religion stuff at first. There is no reason to talk about dead or absent gods because they won't affect anything. Just stick to the common non-extinct monsters to begin with. Like ghosts. Ghosts will never be extinct and there are some basic how to deal with ghosts rules that could help people.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Facebook Aunt posted:

I'd probably focus on the monster stuff and not the religion stuff at first. There is no reason to talk about dead or absent gods because they won't affect anything. Just stick to the common non-extinct monsters to begin with. Like ghosts. Ghosts will never be extinct and there are some basic how to deal with ghosts rules that could help people.

"So first off: salt. Everyone needs to go out and buy a lot of salt. We'll explain. But go and buy salt. Like seriously, buy more salt then you think you'll need. This press conference will continue in an hour after you have gotten salt."

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Mar 25, 2019

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

1glitch0 posted:

"So first off: salt. Everyone needs to go out and buy a lot of salt. We'll explain. But go and buy salt. Like seriously, buy more salt then you think you'll need. This press conference will continue in an hour after you have gotten salt."

Imagine the economic boost from all the cottage industries that would spring up in a Post Ghost Society? Hunters could charge for their services (thought they'd probably have to be licensed and regulated). Companies could sell sigil kits, hex protections. There would be "Salt Your Homes" kits or even rings of salt and wards built into new homes.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Astroman posted:

Imagine the economic boost from all the cottage industries that would spring up in a Post Ghost Society? Hunters could charge for their services (thought they'd probably have to be licensed and regulated). Companies could sell sigil kits, hex protections. There would be "Salt Your Homes" kits or even rings of salt and wards built into new homes.

Since magic is apparently pretty easy in the Supernatural universe I'm just imagining how awful things get fast when the youtube personality assholes start making hexbags and summoning crossroads demons and poo poo.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Astroman posted:

8one6 posted:

Since magic is apparently pretty easy in the Supernatural universe I'm just imagining how awful things get fast when the youtube personality assholes start making hexbags and summoning crossroads demons and poo poo.

Haha, this is all I want from the final season of Supernatural now.

"Oh yeah, and no more cemeteries. Sorry if it goes against your personal or religious beliefs, but it's all cremation from now on. That's just how it's going to be. But if you call in the next 20 minutes you don't just get a sack of salt and hex protections for 39.99, you also get a free can of lighter fluid to burn the body of your loved one when they turn into a monster or a ghost. Because they will. Act now."

Supernatural kinda reminds me of Stargate and how IMO Atlantis screwed their ending by keeping it a secret. After 10+ years, thousands of people must know and must have told everyone they know about the most incredible thing that has ever happened to them. Like everyone must either know or be a friend or a friend of a friend who has heard of this madness. I don't think Supernatural will go in that direction of full disclosure, but it'd be really fun if they did.

The idea of Youtube and Instagram "influnencers" summoning crossroad demons is hilarious.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
iirc Atlantis had to abruptly end because Syfy killed it because they wanted to do Universe instead

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Joe wanted to do season 6 of Atlantis to finish it off then move on to Universe. Syfy thought that with BSG ending, they needed another grimdark show, so they canceled Atlantis and said go forward immediately with Universe.

Shemp The Mighty
Sep 16, 2004

Semper Ubi, Sub Ubi
Can't wait for season 1 of Ghostfacers.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Azhais posted:

iirc Atlantis had to abruptly end because Syfy killed it because they wanted to do Universe instead

I thought them landing next to San Fransisco and finally revealing everything would be perfect, but "NOPE! we're cloaked! lol!"

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Maybe it's just me, but cursing a bad guy to be a man-eating monster doesn't seem like a great plan. "How dare this guy eat mans, now he'll eat nothing but mans forever!!" At least drop him off in enemy territory rather than in your own hunting grounds.

Why does no one every think through these curses ahead of time?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Even hundreds and thousands of years before the internet there were idiots obsessed with owning their enemies with irony.

BrendianaJones
Aug 2, 2011

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Not really clear on why Jack killing Nick when he was literally seconds away from resurrecting Lucifer after having been a spree killer, gotten arrested, escaped, and killed more people and also apparently had demons helping him out was such a negative thing. It just seems like a weird time to get on a moral high horse when the main characters cut down monsters left and right for doing less.

Plus using that to kill off Mary seemed really cheap. That's some really lazy writing for a show that has been trying so much harder these last few years.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

BrendianaJones posted:

Not really clear on why Jack killing Nick when he was literally seconds away from resurrecting Lucifer after having been a spree killer, gotten arrested, escaped, and killed more people and also apparently had demons helping him out was such a negative thing. It just seems like a weird time to get on a moral high horse when the main characters cut down monsters left and right for doing less.

I think it was more about the way he did it. He didn't just kill him, he tortured him to death.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Just caught up. Sad. Very sad. That being said I thought that was a really good episode and sendoff for a character that kind of didn't have a lot happening and probably was deserving of "peace." And its definitely an effective storytelling device as the line Jack can not uncross.

Tiggum posted:

I think it was more about the way he did it. He didn't just kill him, he tortured him to death.

Yeah, it was very obviously not about killing Nick. Sam spent the entire episode wanting to kill Nick. Mary literally said "not like that." It wasn't that Jack killed him. It certainly wasn't that Jack stopped him (which he had already done without killing him). It was that Jack acted with wrath and anger and sadism. It was vengeance. And a vengeaful, wrathful teenager with the powers of God is a problem. As was immediately shown without any delay.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

STAC Goat posted:

And a vengeaful, wrathful teenager with the powers of God is a problem.

Isn't that pretty much all the gods on this show? :newlol:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Winchesters have had a lot of "talks" with gods in 13 years.

And honestly... most of them were kind of wusses.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Wow this freaking episode hit me hard in the feels.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

Just caught up. Sad. Very sad. That being said I thought that was a really good episode and sendoff for a character that kind of didn't have a lot happening and probably was deserving of "peace." And its definitely an effective storytelling device as the line Jack can not uncross.

Yeah, it was very obviously not about killing Nick. Sam spent the entire episode wanting to kill Nick. Mary literally said "not like that." It wasn't that Jack killed him. It certainly wasn't that Jack stopped him (which he had already done without killing him). It was that Jack acted with wrath and anger and sadism. It was vengeance. And a vengeaful, wrathful teenager with the powers of God is a problem. As was immediately shown without any delay.

Jack sent Mary to The Cornfield.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Well, that was abrupt. Hatchet outta nowhere!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Jack in the box. :newlol:

How is that box so rusty? It's brand new. Why would you even make an eternal box out of something that can rust?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm honestly kinda annoyed at the shorter season now. When they originally announced it they were like "It gives us more time with our families and in turn that lets us want to do the show longer" and then boom, "next season is the final season".

Also, just wondering, but since Jack is the most powerful thing next to chuck and his sis, why didn't anyone just have him try to fix his own soul? Seems like a somewhat obvious solution that no one bothered to actually think of.

Was surprised no one detonated last night when being made angels.

Also a little surprised Duma bought it. I don't know if she's dead or not. She didn't do the usual angel glowy bit, and there were no wing marking burnt anywhere.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

The last scene is going to fade to black, and then a few mins later it'll be the boys waking up from a 14 year coma after the wreck in the 1st season finale.

Castiel: "It was the only way we had of keeping you two from loving everything up worse."

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvfVEm6qkG0

I mean, let's celebrate Jensen Ackles entertaining the crew for no reason.

And they put it on tv. Because why not.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The apocalypse *is* whimsey, afterall.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Welp, that was one hell of a season finale.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I kind-of figured the show would end with Chuck as the big bad.

Theorycraft: They kill Chuck and Jack replaces him as God

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
This season didn't really have a solid villain and got rid of almost every non-brother character, but I'm really looking forward to the last season. I didn't expect Chuck or Amara to return, but the idea of God's favorite main characters in his storylines of the multiverse rejecting him is so weird and high concept that I'm really into it.

There's a ot of potential for cosmically weird poo poo next season and I hope they can deliver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Supernatural should end next season with the Boys murdering God in a final fight. It'll be epic and will tick a bunch of the viewership off but it won't matter in the end