Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)
Sephiroth tried to destroy the world. Kefka actually succeeded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
kefka did nothing wrong

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

kefka is cool and good

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Doctor Goat posted:

kefka did nothing wrong

Look at the cult of kefka member here

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kefka was an OG juggalo, respect

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

http://youtu.be/TK0ke5qNKQM?t=6m40s

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Widestancer posted:

Look at the cult of kefka member here

our lord and master says

vwoop vwoop vwoop

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

did anyone actually ever go up the cultist tower without the moogle charm

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Vermain posted:

i don't know but in final fantasy 5 there's a challenge called muscle wizard

the wizard at the top of the magic tower has an obscene amount of physical damage and if you berserk him he goes wild and punches your dudes constantly

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Doctor Goat posted:

our lord and master says

vwoop vwoop vwoop

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Vermain posted:

Yes it was easy with Umaro

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

inexpensive meal
Jan 29, 2012

toot toot

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
how did kefka destroy the world when the ending says that humanity is fine and can recover, OP? pretty sure they just need to find the terraforming esper or something and it'll be like nothing happened

meanwhile before the spinoffs ruined it the ending to ff7 is ambiguous about if humanity was killed by holy or not, meaning he has a 50/50 chance of being directly responsible for the genocide of all humankind. Kefka was like the god of magic or whatever and he couldn't even be bothered to finish the job, sephiroth was just a really strong dude

other cool things sephiroth did:

- kill what the game was setting up to be the bad guy (president shinra) by turning his office into something out of a horror game
- take the snake that unless you know exactly what you're doing is literally impossible to beat and left it violently impaled on a 50 foot spike so you run into it and see how badass he is
- in the flashback he kills giant dragons that kill could in one hit in one hit
- kills the most useful party member after making cloud slap the poo poo out of her
- personally fucks with the player by making the bit where cloud has to hand over the black materia via mind control something the player has input on, only the players inputs don't do anything besides make cloud spaz out and deliver it a little slower
- have at least three good reasons on why he's such an rear end in a top hat. meanwhile kefka just has "he got superpowers but it made him TOTALLY CRAZY and nhilistic" like the reject batman villian he is

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

what I'm saying is that I would suck his masamune sword, no homo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

darealkooky posted:

how did kefka destroy the world when the ending says that humanity is fine and can recover, OP? pretty sure they just need to find the terraforming esper or something and it'll be like nothing happened

meanwhile before the spinoffs ruined it the ending to ff7 is ambiguous about if humanity was killed by holy or not, meaning he has a 50/50 chance of being directly responsible for the genocide of all humankind. Kefka was like the god of magic or whatever and he couldn't even be bothered to finish the job, sephiroth was just a really strong dude

- kill what the game was setting up to be the bad guy (president shinra) by turning his office into something out of a horror game
- take the snake that unless you know exactly what you're doing is literally impossible to beat and left it violently impaled on a 50 foot spike so you run into it and see how badass he is
- kills the most useful party member after making cloud slap the poo poo out of her
- personally fucks with the player by making the bit where cloud has to hand over the black materia via mind control something the player has input on, only the players inputs don't do anything besides make cloud spaz out and deliver it a little slower
- have at least three good reasons on why he's such an rear end in a top hat. meanwhile kefka just has "he got superpowers but it made him TOTALLY CRAZY and nhilistic" like the reject batman villian he is

didnt read

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

kefka owns and sephiroth was a punk rear end

kefka was also the villain in the better game

also I thought kefka's goal was to remold the world in his image and control it, not wipe out humanity

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
kefka is a clown, sephiroth 4 lyfe

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

kefka owns and sephiroth was a punk rear end

kefka was also the villain in the better game

also I thought kefka's goal was to remold the world in his image and control it, not wipe out humanity

dude is genuinely curious why people bother living or make things when everything dies eventually like some kind of psychotic :spergin:

what the gently caress is he going to control by sitting on a literal pile of garbage in his tower and never interacting with the bits of humanity he didn't blow up?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

darealkooky posted:

what the gently caress is he going to control by sitting on a literal pile of garbage in his tower and never interacting with the bits of humanity he didn't blow up?

he became a god, he didn't need to walk around to accomplish poo poo

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

also nihilism owns

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

it's not really nihilistic to fight back against ppl trying to kill you

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
both of them have long rear end boss themes tho so they kinda suck

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

darealkooky posted:

it's not really nihilistic to fight back against ppl trying to kill you

I respectfully disagree

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

AE-35 Unit posted:

kefka is cool and good

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i really like the idea of a terraforming esper

can you imagine being that fuckin esper

"y'all give me all the ice cream or i swear to god i'll make this mars"

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

darealkooky posted:

You forgot that 1. Kefka is a homo clown and 2. he doesn't have a sword. But, anyway, this post, and the truth it tells, should be read and known by everyone here. Otherwise why are you even loving in this thread, if not to debate the epicness of the Big Bads from a truely epic JRPG series...?

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
oh no kefka blew up the world except he's like a whole game late because Our Lord And Dark Savior Exdeath did that like what

three times?

even tricked the heroes into doing it once and killed one of them in the process

lol kefkas such a fuckin noob at this being evil poo poo who even does the evil clown schtick the only thing lamer is being a psychically mindfucked clone samurai or a emo-pretty-boy-obsessed witch from the futurepast

are you seriously gonna tell me kefka would rip locke's home town out of existence itself just to mock him for having the balls to get an airship and try to stab him

because exdeath sure as gently caress did

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

darealkooky posted:

lol im made of space alien genes and my mom sapace alien wnats 2 destory the wolrld *fart*

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Kefka's cool because he's not a pretty boy japanese model and doesn't resemble dumb animes which the idiots that like sephiroth think are awesome and they are totally lame and ugly and don't have girlfriends so they are homo for sephiroth i guess

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyZoe-r9qb0

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Well I just took Kefka's sprite and added his laugh too it. Nothing hard to do, this felt like posting this here. You know you love his laugh.....oh and sorry for the blurry image

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

well i do love that laugh, he's right in that regard

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

So did Ganon.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Matoi Ryuko posted:

So did Ganon.

ganon did nothing wrong it was a kokiri false flag operation spearheaded by the royal family

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Sephiroth was jenovas bitch

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

best ff villain is gilgamesh

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Endorph posted:

best ff villain is gilgamesh

ultros is more imp

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011