Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Need 3 out of 5, yahoo standard scoring:

Maclin @ SF
Crabtree vs. PHI
Steve Smith vs. CAR
R. White @ MIN
C. Shorts @ SD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Elysium posted:

Need 3 out of 5, yahoo standard scoring:

Maclin @ SF
Crabtree vs. PHI
Steve Smith vs. CAR
R. White @ MIN
C. Shorts @ SD

Maclin @ SF
Crabtree vs. PHI
Steve Smith vs. CAR

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Yahoo 0.5 PPR. Pick RB2, WR2, and Flex. (RB1 and WR1 are LeVeon and Megatron)

Andre Johnson vs. BUF
Mike Wallace vs GB

Mike Evans @ PIT
Joique Bell @ NYJ
Donald Brown vs JAX
Matt Asiata vs ATL
DeAngelo Williams @ BAL

I've bolded my choices. Agree/disagree?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
^^^^ Looks perfect to me.

I need a bye-week filler in my flex, dropping McKinnon for one of these guys. It's looking like these are my best options:

Justin Hunter @ IND
Jeremy Kerley vs. DET
Greg Jennings vs. ATL
Eddie Royal vs. JAX
Branden Oliver vs. JAX

Oliver is a clearly a pray option, hoping that the game gets out of hand and they throw him in to run down the clock without risking Brown, and it's not all that worse off than starting McKinnon. I'm already starting Patterson at WR3, so I'm wondering if it'd be stupid or genius to go all in against Atlanta's defense. This is a keeper league where FAs cost a 16th rounder, so that bodes well for Hunter's long-term value if I should pick him up now, but I'm not sure how much of a better option he is this week and that's my primary concern.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 26, 2014

Jamizzy99
Jul 4, 2007
Is there any hope for me? I've been shafted with RBs since my draft.

ESPN Standard scoring. 0PPR

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Static Equilibrium posted:

ESPN with PPR, need to pick my 2nd RB:
Reggie Bush @ NYJ
Matt Asiata vs ATL
Fred Jackson @ HOU

I like Asiata as a volume play.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jamizzy99 posted:

Is there any hope for me? I've been shafted with RBs since my draft.

ESPN Standard scoring. 0PPR

Next week, trade the niners D for a better RB. You'll be past the bye and can run SEA every week for the entire year.

Gore is a decent RB2, Tate will give you some points, and you're going to make bank on megatron, brees, bennet, etc. so being a little weak at RB is not a big deal for you.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
.5 PPR yahoo scoring
Kendall Wright or Vjax
Luck or Ryan (i really need to trade one of these two, I keep picking the wrong one)

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Leperflesh posted:

Next week, trade the niners D for a better RB. You'll be past the bye and can run SEA every week for the entire year.

No one is going to trade anything for the Niners D unless they've been in a coma since last December. And they're a pretty poor start this week; the Niners game has the second-highest over/under behind only the Saints-Cowboys game.

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?
ESPN standard scoring

Andrew Luck vs TEN
Tony Romo vs NO

I am leaning towards Romo seeing as NO sounds like it could be a shootout. Meanwhile the Totans defense could put a damper on Luck.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

nollij posted:

ESPN standard scoring

Andrew Luck vs TEN
Tony Romo vs NO

I am leaning towards Romo seeing as NO sounds like it could be a shootout. Meanwhile the Totans defense could put a damper on Luck.

Luck seems like a no-brainer here. I'm choosing between Luck and Foles (@ SF) and leaning toward Luck.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

nollij posted:

ESPN standard scoring

Andrew Luck vs TEN
Tony Romo vs NO

You're overthinking this; take the guy that has been tearing it up.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Bye week and injuries have left me with these options for my 2 RB spots - standard scoring

Bradshaw vs. TEN
Charles vs. NE
DeAngelo Williams vs. BAL
J. Bell vs. NYJ

Bradshaw is the obvious start but the rest all have serious pros/cons. The person I'm playing has a fairly mediocre team and my WR are stacked, so I'm tempted to take the 4-5 points that Williams is bound to get as the only healthy RB rather than risk Charles not playing. Bell seems a no go away to that terrifying Jets run defense. Thoughts?

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Cutler v GB
Kaepernick v Eagles

Its 6 pts passing tds. I know cutler loves to throw that bitch and he'll huck it deep all day long. Kaep though has a much better matchup with the lovely lovely eagles D. Gut is telling me Cutler since he's been performing much better fantasywise, but Kaep is super alluring this week. Cutler also kind of shits the bed against the packers historically

Crunkjuice fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 27, 2014

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Suave Fedora posted:

Benard Pierce or Shonn Greene for RoS?

A Tale of Two Poos

Don't you, forget about me. Don't don't don't don't, don't you. Forget, about me.

AS YOU WALK ON BY

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
I'm starting Joique Bell and Bernard Pierce in a cash league this week. If I get ten points total from RBs this week I will be delighted.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Malcom Floyd
Torrey Smith

WR2 spot, non-PPR, ESPN standard. I have Floyd starting right now but I'm just rolling the dice on that decision.

ubiquitous rex
Oct 28, 2003

Mullet power!
8-team league. ESPN standard scoring (except QBs get 6 points for a passing or rushing TD). I'm 0-3 in my big money league. My opponent this week started Cousins, R. Jennings, and Niles Paul for a total of 19 points so far. He's got the following players left:

Doug Martin, Megatron, Brandon Marshall, Maclin, Mason Crosby, and the Pats D

My team is as follows:

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Eddy Lacy, Lamar Miller
WR: Alshon Jeffery, Mike Wallace
TE: Kelce
Flex: Donald Brown
k: Matt Bryant
D: Carolina

Do I have enough to take him out? I have Keenan Allen on my bench, but
I don't trust him enough to start him in such a crucial game. I know Cam has a lovely matchup, but the only half decent replacements on the waiver wire are
bortles, Bridgewater, and Fitzmagic.

Kind of desperate, any advice is welcome.

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013
^I think you're good. But, I'm not an expert. Because I'm about to ask my own question.

I'm in a 1 PPR league.
I have: Khiry Robinson, Joique Bell, and DeAndre Hopkins. I need to start 2 because I have 5 people on the bye week. Right now I'm leaning towards Khiry robinson and DeAndre Hopkins. Because Hopkins has done well in previous weeks and I think New Orleans will blow out Dallas. I'm really not confident about that though. Because I can see Joique Bell getting some goaline touches. I really am not sure.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

coronaball posted:

No one is going to trade anything for the Niners D unless they've been in a coma since last December. And they're a pretty poor start this week; the Niners game has the second-highest over/under behind only the Saints-Cowboys game.

I don't know if the Niners D is as bad a start this week as it looks. Fantasy defense isn't entirely the same as real defense. Turnovers are where you really make your points. The Eagles have turned it over a decent amount and the Niners have forced a decent amount thus far. It's also in San Francisco and is a must-win for them. Philly plays fast and loose and a pick 6 is not out of the question, I'd say. There's better plays, but I've seen worse.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I need to pick two from this group of studs for yahoo standard non-ppr:

Allen Robinson @ SD
Torrey Smith vs Car
Eric decker vs Det
James Jones vs Mia

I was going to go with Decker and Robinson, but it sounds like Decker is still hurt. So basically I'm leaning toward a tossup between Torrey and Jones, and I'm not excited about either. In theory Torrey should be the best choice, but he has underperformed all season and a lot of late last season too, so I don't know.

ubiquitous rex
Oct 28, 2003

Mullet power!

packsmack posted:

^I think you're good. But, I'm not an expert. Because I'm about to ask my own question.

I'm in a 1 PPR league.
I have: Khiry Robinson, Joique Bell, and DeAndre Hopkins. I need to start 2 because I have 5 people on the bye week. Right now I'm leaning towards Khiry robinson and DeAndre Hopkins. Because Hopkins has done well in previous weeks and I think New Orleans will blow out Dallas. I'm really not confident about that though. Because I can see Joique Bell getting some goaline touches. I really am not sure.

You are probably better off sitting Bell, the Jets run D has been very tough.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.
Standard Scoring

Pick 3 RB:
Donald Brown vs JAX
DeMarco Murray vs NO
Lamar Miller @ OAK

Reggie Bush @ NYJ

Pick 2 WR:
Jordy Nelson @ CHI
Antonio Brown vs TB

Michael Crabtree vs PHI
Mike Wallace @ OAK

Bold is what I'm going with right now, I've just been constantly swapping back and forth on the WR especially. Having a hard time deciding what the more favorable match up is

I also have the Patriots and Chargers defense, going with Chargers for their matchup vs JAX.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

timp posted:

.5 ppr standard Yahoo scoring, pick two:

Joique Bell @ NYJ
Darren McFadden vs. Mia
LeGarrette Blount vs. TB
Markus Wheaton vs. TB

Currently leaning Bell for talent and opportunity, and McFadden for matchup (if MJD was out he'd be a surefire start but it looks like he'll play)

Mmm yes, let's talk about J.Bell. Reposting for a new day

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

rawillkill posted:

Standard Scoring

Pick 3 RB:
Donald Brown vs JAX
DeMarco Murray vs NO
Lamar Miller @ OAK

Reggie Bush @ NYJ

Pick 2 WR:
Jordy Nelson @ CHI
Antonio Brown vs TB

Michael Crabtree vs PHI
Mike Wallace @ OAK

Bold is what I'm going with right now, I've just been constantly swapping back and forth on the WR especially. Having a hard time deciding what the more favorable match up is

I also have the Patriots and Chargers defense, going with Chargers for their matchup vs JAX.

I don't like Reggie Bush against the Jets, but I dislike him less than Donald Brown. Brown has posted -1, 3.0, and 2.0 ypc in his games this year, including a whopping 62 yards on 31 attempts last week. 31 attempts! Who gets 31 attempts?! Yeah it's against the Jags, but the Jags suck.

I agree on the WRs though. You can't sit Jordy and Antonio has a great matchup.

Is it really just three RB and two WR? Or can you use a WR instead of the 3rd RB as a flex? If you can, I like both Crabtree and Wallace better than either Bush or Donald Brown.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I don't like Reggie Bush against the Jets, but I dislike him less than Donald Brown. Brown has posted -1, 3.0, and 2.0 ypc in his games this year, including a whopping 62 yards on 31 attempts last week. 31 attempts! Who gets 31 attempts?! Yeah it's against the Jags, but the Jags suck.

I agree on the WRs though. You can't sit Jordy and Antonio has a great matchup.

Is it really just three RB and two WR? Or can you use a WR instead of the 3rd RB as a flex? If you can, I like both Crabtree and Wallace better than either Bush or Donald Brown.

I know Brown is hated by people on this board, but you're not really being fair. The last 8 or so carries he got were in clock running out time, and the games before that he wasn't the starter so his ypc in the first two games are irrelevant. He didn't do great, sure, but he's playing against Jacksonville this week. If you would seriously start Bush over Brown, I think you're insane.

Also, lets say he does average 3 ypc, which is his best if we only go by those 3 games, which you'd expect him to do against a team as bad as jacksonville. Even if he doesn't score, if he gets 30 carries that is still 9 points in standard scoring. How can you not start that?

yeah I eat ass fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 27, 2014

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Standard scoring, who should I start in my flex:

-Golden Tate vs NYJ
-Jordan Matthews vs SF
-Alfred Blue vs HOU (if Foster's ruled out)

Leaning towards Tate against that Jets secondary but Matthews looked real good last week out of the slot and not all that impressed with SF's pass D either. Blue is kind of a wildcard but it's hard to turn down a starting RB for the flex spot over a couple risky wideouts.

supersteve
Jan 16, 2007

Atari Bigby - UNIVERSITY OF JAH RASTAFARI
Golden Tate or Kenan Allen in full PPR?

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

2RB 2WR and a flex, I just didn't actually think it was worth putting a WR in that spot

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.

supersteve posted:

Golden Tate or Kenan Allen in full PPR?
As much as Keenan has been doing poorly, I don't see him having a bad game against the Jags.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Jamaal Charles vs NE
or
Doug Martin @ Pit ?

ESPN standard

Leaning Charles, but the ankle thing combined with him having a pretty lackluster start of the season has me worried.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

1 PPC:

Pick three (two WR one FLEX):

Cordarelle Patterson (ATL), Kelvin Benjamin (@BAL), Roddy White (@MIN)(P), Eddie Royal (JAX), Brian Hartline (@OAK)

Right now I'm waffling about Eddie Royal. Up against JAX I feel like he might have a good game, but is it good enough to supplant one of my starters?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
It's possible, but I wouldn't count on it. I'd roll with what you've got.

supersteve
Jan 16, 2007

Atari Bigby - UNIVERSITY OF JAH RASTAFARI

Miko posted:

As much as Keenan has been doing poorly, I don't see him having a bad game against the Jags.

I'm thinking the same.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

DeepDickPizza posted:

It's possible, but I wouldn't count on it. I'd roll with what you've got.

What if I told you I'm already down 30 points in my matchup, because my opponent started Larry Donnell at tight end? ESPN currently projects me to lose 116 to 127, and that's with my opponent still having a bye week D/ST slotted, so it will very probably get worse once he makes a trade today?

Here's the matchup, I'm on the left. I think I have to value a lottery ticket with a higher ceiling as more important than a solid performer with a lower ceiling.

But, I dunno if Eddie Royal is that guy, I only just got him off the waivers on the 24th and I haven't watched him play.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

1 ppr. Need some dire RB advice:

Oliver vs. Jags
Pierce vs. Carolina
Sankey vs. Indy

Oliver is my first thought but dang.

Miko
May 20, 2001

D.Brown will out touch Oliver, but you're banking on some garbage time magic with him. I wouldn't touch any of the BAL RBs against Carolina this week.

I'm all aboard the Sankey train this week, if you're feel like rolling the dice. Indy's rush defense isn't anything special and Locker is semi-broken/out, so I could see them leaning on the run game more, which Sankey's seeing his piece of the pie increase each week.

edit: this is also extra fun if Indy runs out to a massive lead and the garbage time kicks in. Just don't pick Pierce imo.

Miko fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Sep 27, 2014

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

If Arian Foster (HOU vs. BUF) is out, do I start Joique Bell (DET @ NYJ) or Chris Johnson (NYJ vs. DET)?

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Pierce is still a FA. I'd end up dropping AP for him regardless. If Oliver wasn't playing Jax it would be an easier choice. I'm probably going to end up flipping a coin on Sunday but the more I think the more I like Bishop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miko
May 20, 2001

TheManWithNoName posted:

If Arian Foster (HOU vs. BUF) is out, do I start Joique Bell (DET @ NYJ) or Chris Johnson (NYJ vs. DET)?
Eh, both these guys are up against some nasty defenses, and are getting less touches than the #1 guy (R.Bush/C.Ivory).

Literally the coinflippiest of coinflips. I think I go with Bell though.

• Locked thread