Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
What you want is trip cancellation insurance, which will reimburse you for any nonrefundable travel expenses if you have to cancel your trip for a covered reason. Most general "travel insurance" plans will cover this, and you can often get just trip cancellation insurance if you don't need the emergency medical coverage or other extras of the more comprehensive plans.

I've used Allianz for my last few international trips, though since I've never submitted a claim I can't speak for their claims process or general rear end in a top hat level. Looks like their basic trip cancellation coverage runs about $60 for a $2000 trip, and last time I bought their insurance their cancellation plan did cover the illness or death of a non-traveling non-immediate family member. (Obviously, read the full policy declarations before buying anything to make sure your particular situation is covered...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread