Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
Today's comic absolutely ruined me. Like, that's exactly the dream I wished I could have for years. poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
Shelley is the LAW and she is the LASH.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
Dan is just such an unrelentingly good stepfather.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
Is Sonny gay?

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
Jesus Christ Shauna

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
Oh poo poo.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Yes, Nude Bog Lurker from August, he is.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

spectres of autism posted:

can we not find out that darren is just some sort of worthless loser and that the lesson is shauna was *right* and *a good person* for sending him to jail and theres no reason for her to question herself even slightly

dude felt so real at times

I wonder if the 'twist' here is going to be that Shauna didn't send Darren to jail - her mum did, or he was already about to be arrested, but she understandably remembers herself as the centre of the universe...

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
Well, the other uncomfortable reality is the whole social class thing. Shauna's bright but she's also reaching the point in her life where society's just going to start giving Mildred and Lottie stuff and while keeping it from Shauna. Seriously, which one's going to have an easier time at the Oxbridge interviews: Mildred or Shauna?

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Pistol_Pete posted:

The Wicke family just aren't good with money :(

Or has Shauna's mum just paid off Darren's debt?

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

It's a roughly comparable amount of debt to what say it'd take an American working-class family to send Shauna to college, it's a new car, it's a small traditional wedding, it's a down payment on a lovely house, it's a significant amount of money poor people go into hock for every day and pay off over the next decade or two without magical intervention with a somewhat shittier than average interest rate. They won't be sending Shauna's mom to debtor's prison and putting her children into slavery unto the fourth generation.

It's not like Sy's a regulated lending institution either he'd totally be coming back for more if Daz was still around, but he's the only one foolish and vulnerable enough to actually keep paying forever and think that's helping matters.

I suspect it wasn't a coincidence Shauna's mum met Sy in a pub - nice and public, with plenty of people to remember Sy telling things were all square. Twenty grand's a massive payday for Sy and far more than he'd ever get from Daz - and if Sy screws Shauna's mum over now, nobody will ever offer him that kind of money ever again.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

HMS Beagle posted:

Giant Days got an Eisner nomination for Best Continuing Series. Cool to see the bobbins-verse getting that kind of recognition.

Giant Days really is very good, it's such a good read.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

feetnotes posted:

I liked Jack and Linton when they were treated sympathetically :( it's been a long time since they showed up as anything other than gigantic idiots.

Lottie, Shauna and Mildred tend to treat Jack and Linton as being much dumber than they actually are. Linton basically solved the time-travel traincrash mystery without trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
A brief mispost on Facebook suggests we'll see Little Claire's influence at play.

• Locked thread