Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
B-But Inconcievable Physical Union!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Yeah, if we had gotten this arc before the time travel arc, I'm not sure if I'd have been able to take it. :ohdear:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I note that Tim's actions in that plot arc is a mirror of Ryan's actions in Expecting to Fly. Bad ideas are contagious, it seems....

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Wow. That is interesting!

http://lissabt.tumblr.com/

I'm excited.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I assume this would be a sequel to Giant Days, the short comic John did over Christmas about Esther's (Goth girl, The Boy's ex-girlfriend) misadventures in university.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Shelley can't look after herself, let alone a child. Tim is pooping in a hole in the woods.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

Shelley is an extremely successful professional woman. She's arguably more capable of taking care of herself than anybody else in the cast!

She died! Multiple times.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Keru posted:

Sure, but how many of those were her own fault? Not to mention, she came back just as many times! Can't keep a good woman(troublemaker) down.

http://scarygoround.com/sgr/ar.php?date=20040517

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Hey, maybe this means he can meet up with Erin in hell! Happy ending for everyone!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

Nah, you can really put the blame on Tim for leaving Scout around a dangerous machine unsupervised and on Riley for pretty much refusing to listen to Tim (or rather, for having a history of being so unreasonable that Tim won't even try to explain the truth to her for Scout's sake).

I think given the resolution of Expecting to Fly, I feel like Tim is just stupid enough to think claiming the blame for someone else is the right and chivalrous thing to do.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

And so Shelley gives birth to the Antichrist.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Rich did everything wrong.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Anyone else reading the Giant Days comics? It's great!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I feel like this is a First Dose of Freedom type of story. Remember how Mimi was when she first arrived on that exchange trip? We're getting the other side of that.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Maybe they *are* space aliens, though. The boys, I mean.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Tuan was the kid from the case of The Lonely One.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

I would say it was definitely a trap, but he did have the balloons ready.

On the other hand, this is the guy who had the Boy randomly killed by a hell computer just before the story ended and reincarnated as a devil horse, so.

It's what he would have wanted.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Jackard posted:

Odds that this is all just a weird prank the eccentric rich guy keeps in reserve and the girls are actually in some sort of shuttle simulation?

You scare me.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Our software is so good even a teenage girl can use it! Even though our plugin compatibility is not so great.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

Dammit, please don't make Jordan be the one to bust the case wide open, he is The Worst Kid.

I dunno, I feel like this is a sign of Allison's laser guided karmic missile being launched.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Wonderslug posted:

So it seems like our yet-to-intersect plot threads for this chapter are:
  • Blossom Cooper: Menace 2 Society
  • Daz Ruins Everything
  • Linton Hears a Hormone
My money's on "disastrous Linton > Blossom > Daz love triangle," but I have historically not been great at predicting where Allison's going with his setups.

Well, there's also the question of replacing the teacher.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

HMS Beagle posted:

http://scarygoround.com/?date=20150921
I think Charlotte and Mildred are making a bad decision.

Yikes, that is a bad decision.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Enh, I don't think Blossom is going to betray Shauna's trust willingly.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I still think there's gonna be a happy ending out of this, jeez.

For all we know, knowing what Shauna did might actually be what shakes Daz's self-centered worldview. I feel like Daz is being set up to be an obvious culprit at this point, and he's too obvious, especially for a chapter about how/whether people can change. Shauna's dad/Colm are the real unknown factors here.

(Actually oh poo poo, I am really convincing myself now that Colm is involved in some Bad poo poo. Remember Expecting To Fly? The Tackleford builders are a dodgy lot.)

Fangz fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Oct 1, 2015

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Well. That went well.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Jackard posted:

I googled the word on her door thinking it was some chemical before realizing it was just leetspeak

It's a car reg plate.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Blossom will beat them up.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I haven't ever read any of the original Bobbins strips, though I went through all of Scarygoround. I liked the new bobbins strips.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Am I the only one who doesn't trust this guy at all?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

The shocking twist is going to be everything turning out well.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Colm's being an arse, but Linton isn't exactly covering himself in glory either. OTOH, maybe Claire likes violence and chaos. So...

It's complicated.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

She better not. The look that Blossom gave her when she noticed Shauna was looking at her and Darren just after the former dropped the secret, that scornful "just hosed your life, uh" look? That's a sociopath thing. Shauna tried, she tried really hard, but in the end Blossom wasn't worth it at all.

I really, really don't think that's the take-home message of this chapter.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

I think it's important to note that Shauna also remembers Blossom as the person who handed her over into the clutches of a mind-taking onion alien.

Like, this isn't the first time Blossom has done something terrible to Shauna out of spite.

'Spite' is really a poor way to describe that situation.

Worth re-reading that part considering Blossom's POV. Shauna can really come off as a manipulative jerk, and what she's doing in that chapter is especially reflective of the current chapter.

http://scarygoround.com/?date=20110805

Fangz fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Dec 1, 2015

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

GlyphGryph posted:

Uh... rereading that story just reminded me of how much of a manipulative jerk Blossom herself is.

You don't see anything wrong in Shauna not acknowledging at all the fact that they were being bullied ('too weak to stand up for yourself when you are teased!'), never bothering to sway them with an argument and instead bribing Blossom's friend with the promise of a relationship that it seems obvious is not genuine?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

The fact that Blossom acted like a jerk does not mean Shauna didn't act like a jerk also.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 1, 2015

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Jackard posted:

so what youre saying is,

you think Shauna going to them for help and handwaving away a legit point,

is manipulation on the same level as all the bullshit Blossom pulled that chapter

:lol: maybe you should reread it because that was all Corky

I'm saying I wanna talk about Shauna's behaviour in that chapter and why it might mean that Blossom, in her limited self-centred view of things, would interpret her behaviour in this chapter as Shauna having a pattern of using people as tools for her own purposes, and never really caring about anyone except herself.

I'm also saying I kinda have no interest in comparing the relative karmic levels of Blossom and Shauna.

I'm additionally saying that I don't see Blossom's behaviour in that chapter as spite, but as function of someone who has been bullied for a long time being told to help restore the lovely status quo by a total stranger who doesn't give a drat about her. The stuff with Corky was possessiveness.

This is not me trying to excuse Blossom's actions there, or necessarily here. (I think Shauna should have told Darren the truth looong ago...) But no, I don't think this point is the end of Shauna and Blossom's relationship and I think it's entirely wrong to claim it was a total waste of time.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 2, 2015

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Speaking of spite, *this* is spite.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I guess it's possible that this isn't Darren, you know. It could be the loan shark, or the neighbour with the weird beard (if he's a werewolf).

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

I'm not looking forward to the excruciating scene where Linton explains to Blossom that he's not really interested in her.

Don't be silly, it's true wuv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

To resolve this situation, Darren really just needs to reconcile with his sister, who then must reconcile with Blossom, who then needs to get back together with Linton, who then can get his dad to help. Simple.

Er, assuming Linton has a good relationship with his dad.

• Locked thread