Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
John Allison is a native of Britannia. The new royal baby is named Charlotte. Coincidence?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I love a well placed art shift.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Making my prediction that Shauna and Blossom are half-sisters.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Sonny, Sonny, Sonny. You could do better than that. Or at the very least make him shave off that dirtstache.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

Oh yeah, Mildred can't have a dog. Uh, I guess it's a just a random passerby with a passing resemblance.

She could be walking the dog of someone else. Get Money, Pet Dogs, Solve Mysteries.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Knowing the cute waitress at Hugo's is actually a retired superspy would also open up options.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Honestly, this arc is kind of rubbing me the wrong way.

"Pantywaist modern methods can't deal with young hooligans! Back in my day we would have beaten them raw with a belt and then told them to rub some dirt on it!"

If you can't actually back up your view, just invent a world where your opponents are idiots and your methods always work.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I don't know, the only things I really remember of Rich from the old comics were A. not taking advantage of an extremely drunk Shelley when she was throwing herself at him, and B. someone telling him that his dating problems were related to having too many attractive women as friends. This weird drive the author has about making sure everyone else hates him now is kind of offputting. So is the Bruno thing honestly. It feels like a lot more of the authors weird British views on class are leaking out. Same issue the school arc had with discipline.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Galvanik posted:

Wow, I can see the justification for hate now.

Except I feel like it's kind of backwards. The author decided he hated the character and started making him unlikable so everyone else did too. Yeah old Rich could be an rear end sometimes, but Shelley has done stuff like sleeping with a still married Tim and she's been brought back from the dead, twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Oh no, housing for poor people!

• Locked thread