Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you
Do people like Bobbins? Do you need to have read it from the beginning to get it? I've always skimmed over Bobbins weekends.

Destroy History is okay though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

I've been reading my way through Old Bobbins and Scary Go Round, and it's shocking what 17 years of continuous practice will do for a person's drawing and storycrafting skills. Also weird to read a webcomic from back in 1998 - the biggest moment of dissonance was a throwaway third wall breaking joke about the comic getting syndicated - like that was still taken seriously by webcomic authors back then.

Anyway, I skipped through the last couple years of Bobbins because it was getting too painful, but what happened to Holly and Rich? They kind of just disappeared when Scary Go Round started.

And speaking of age disparities in dating, after reading Learning to Fly it's a little weird that Tim ended up married to Ryan's baby sister.

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

team overhead smash posted:

Rich comes back in new Bobbins. Spoilers.

Thanks :) I remembered that, actually, I was just curious why he left in the first place. Other than him being a terrible character who was painful to read. New Bobbins became retroactively cathartic after skimming through the old one.

E: Oh nevermind. There's a Wikipedia article.

UnbearablyBlight fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Dec 31, 2015

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

Does Shauna know this horse from somewhere? I don't remember seeing him before.

• Locked thread