Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Murder She Writes isn't available on the web site anymore? That sucks; I rather liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Ah, look at Ole Knotty. And he writes poetry!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Well, uh, that's one mystery solved.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Fairly sure the UK was still in the Thatcher mentality by the time this story was happening.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Friendship has boundaries.

To think there would be no Scary Go Round comic in the first place without Ole Knotty.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oh, indeed. I guess it lasted nearly five years? I'll certainly miss coherent stories around those kids.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Gone, not with a bang but a krak. RIP The Boy.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

howe_sam posted:

:unsmith: that was the first time Shelley's seen Erin since she got back right?

No, which is confusing me quite a bit. I assume exposition(tm) will explain what's going on.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Well, it never really got explained why everyone suddenly remembers Erin and are aware she is a Hell Lord now. I think the only suggestion the story provides is that it happened when she lost her soul to save a boy.

But, hey, at least they will be together now and it won't even be sappy.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Two terrible parents, the poor kid will never have a chance.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

But... Wales, man. Wales.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Yvonmukluk posted:

Hopefully not in the same way as they did the Boy.

I wouldn't imagine another character dying and turning into a horse, mount to the Queen of Hell. But I have been wrong before.

Also, yes, everyone buy the Giant Days comics. The art is just something beautiful. It's so full of energy.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Yeah. The Bad Machinery POV just didn't stick with them as long as it's doing now. It kept switching between the boys and Mildred and, occasionally, Erin and Ryan/Amy. Also, teens, alone in a field trip: the truest recipe to become PROBLEMATIC TEENS.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Ah, poor Ben. :allears: He just can't be taken serious in his quest to solve mankind's woes when there's the much important issue of smartphone UI to solve.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

First Eustace, now Ben Bishop. These girls have a knack for destroying other people's lives indirectly.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Lottie is going to kill that guy. Or possibly everyone. She's livid.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I'd care more if Allison started proof-reading his own lettering for mistakes.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Where are you people seeing this? Nothing on the website mentions a new Bad Machinery. Plus, wasn't Robert Cop confirmed to come after Space is the Place?

vvvv well, I'm happy for one.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jul 6, 2015

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Do make it so he is kidnapped by greys and probed for all eternity. He isn't the worst kid, he's the biggest douchebag in the making I remember seeing in fiction in the last few years.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I-- don't think he's saving the world. If anything he may be making things much, much worse.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Well, that was a non-ending -- very scarygoround. Alien Ben Bishop may come back later at some point? Who knows. Jordan sure didn't get his comeuppance.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oh my god. #destroyed

What the hell, Blossom.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

She killed ole Knotty! Straight up murdered an old man.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Hey, we haven't seen those two in a loooong while and they grew up massively. Barely realized the pretty girl was Little Claire at first.

And she won't take being dumped in a healthy way -- not happening -- this is Little Claire and we have seen her psychotic tendencies before.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

HMS Beagle posted:

Love is dead

Haha, I just realized this could be setting up Linton with Little Claire eventually. Now wouldn't that be a thing? :allears:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I think someone mocked him a looooong time ago for his dad being a hair dresser. Which in turn means he never ever wants people to know 'cause that wouldn't be manly and Jack's very manly.

Of course Lottie would know. She probably even goes there to keep her anime hair going.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

SlothfulCobra posted:

What ever happened to Shauna's dad, anyways?

Shauna does not spend the weekends with him or whatever, which means it wasn't a divorce. Considering she never talked or thought about him on panel may even imply she does not know the guy, so chances may be that Shauna's mom simply never married the guy and he left before Shauna was born (or shortly after). This would explain why she's so fixed on Dan staying with them.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Uh-oh. This wedding isn't going to end up well, is it?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Frustration brings out the artist in you, I hear.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I wouldn't wish H&M on my worst enemy.

Shauna's really come a long way from nitz riddled, baby at fourteen fate the other characters used to describe her in Scary Go Round to a kickass lady who knows what's important in life. You couldn't sing in a death metal band if you didn't want to scream.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Sep 8, 2015

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oh, Mystery Boys :allears:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Jackard posted:

Linton is all :stare:

He's gonna be all :commissar:'d soon, though.

Seriously, on one end psycho Claire who's still into fires, on the other her possessive, former boyfriend who's actually stalking her. There's no way to win this.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oh, totally missed that.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

It's like that case from Pulp Fiction.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

In the sense that they are both large women? I don't see the resemblance otherwise.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Erin. Who, by the by, continued on by being the immortal queen of hell with The Boy by her side. Not a fairy tale happy ending, but good enough ending for those two characters.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

He's pretty supportive of his kid.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Stakes are going higher. Like, who cares what would happen with Darren, but now they are threatening his sister. And of course the only way to get them off is to pay and we all know what he will do to get the money.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

John Allison's internal changelog for 13 Oct, 2015:
* turned comic into Home Alone
* introduced Shauna's dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Quinton posted:

Timing, maybe not ideal.

To be honest, it was now or never. This level of familiarity between those two would never happen again.

• Locked thread