Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

Is it just me or does it seem like Mildred is aging too fast? It seems like every time she shows up she's quite a bit older.

It looks like today's comic happened at just the right time. (http://scarygoround.com/?date=20141117)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Leroy Dennui posted:

You know, earlier today I questioned if Fallon was written off when she was sent to the island The Prisoner took place on. After reading a few strips past the one you posted, I found out that is not the case.

Whatever happened to Fallon Young?

I completely forgot this happened and that Fallon existed, and I'm pretty sure that's the reference that got me into SGR.

John Allison is great.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I don't know if this had been previously mentioned, but it looks like this is the end of the Tackleford gang.

http://sgrblog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/on-continuity.html

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Darn it, Erin! Death said no more foolin' around topside.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I'm not entirely sure what just happened, but Shauna's brilliant.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I saw this twist coming from the last page, but I hadn't even considered how terribly telling Blossom is probably going to backfire until someone mentioned it upthread.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

And following on from The Further Adventures of Desmond Fishman we appear to have a comic about public pools.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Oh no. It's all happening.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Ooh boy. Linton makes a bad decision.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

What does him being 12 matter?

I'd argue it's relevant in that he might've still been learning things about himself. There was a lot of "Why are Jack and Linton so much more interested in girls than I am?" In that story if I remember right.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Aw I'm re-reading the first few pages of BM now, the baby mystery kids are so adorable.

e: Man, remember how Ryan dates Lottie's sister? Seems messed up in retrospect.

Totally forgot about the subplot in the first case where Dan tries to get Shauna's stolen coat back without her mum finding out. Dude's a class act.

Roach Warehouse fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Dec 12, 2015

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

It was pretty messed up in real time, too.

Yes, but I was just a naive schoolkid at the time, unfamiliar with the sophisticated adult world and too innocent for the intricacies of storytelling themes like "Isn't it hosed up that this guy in his mid 20s is dating a highschooler?"

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Gotta say, I never read John's end of year music recommendations, but I really appreciate that they exist.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I'm glad Ol' Knotty isn't dead.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

It'll never happen but I would feel so vindicated by a page where Sy comes to collect and finds Dan looming over him menacingly.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

He already collected. Also, Dan is fully aware that you don't mess with a loan shark. They can always hire bigger guys.

Yeah, basically what I was alluding to. I'm just voicing the desire to see the bad guy get some comeuppance.

Maybe he'll end up in a wicker vole at some point.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I could see Mordawwa getting drunk at the hell christmas party and telling everyone, or something.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Fangz posted:

Giant Days is on sale right now on Comixology, for people who haven't picked it up yet.....

https://www.comixology.com/Boom-Recent-Hits-Sale/page/9870

Something like a dollar per issue!

Thanks for sharing this. I immediately bought all the ones I was missing and started spruiking at my comic-reading friends to get on board.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I'm not familiar with comic release terminology.

When John Allison says that Giant Days has been upgraded to an "ongoing" series, but the next issue is "issue 13 (of 6)", what does this mean? Have only six additional releases been commissioned, or is the next story going to take six issues?

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I got it from the most recent newspost on scarygoround.com. But now that I reread it with that context I get that it's a joke I was missing.

quote:

So we’re back next month (April 6th) with issue 13 (of 6), the single biggest piece of Scary Go Round Universe fan service you can possibly imagine. Thanks for reading and spreading the word about Giant Days!

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

The tiny Horns reveal was a comedic master stroke.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

It was nice for Esther and The Boy to get some closure in the new Giant Days.

Still gonna be weird if he ever appears again though. 'Cause of the whole horse thing.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Having neglected to bring his Coward's Funnel, Tim is forced to improvise.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I hope this arc ends with us meeting Cecile's small goth friend, and the cycle can begin anew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I followed the link on the latest page back to 2009-era scary go round. Their first story does not paint the Wickles in a flattering light.

• Locked thread