Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

ZearothK posted:

Fake Edit: Meeting Hellrin does actually sound reasonable, she showed up in the "Happy Festive Season" and the album chart, and this story did begin by making clear her human half became the Erin we've known these last few years.

Zearoth with the loving two week snipe, :bsdsnype: :drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Tim is the epitome of the phrase, "Hell is other people."

You have to stop showing the public around your projects, Tim. It never ends well.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

The twist will be someone finding the letter and it's the actual invitations from Bishop.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I may be wrong, but the newest panel kind of seems like a Monkey Dust reference to me.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Calling it now, Linton's drawing comes to life, he falls in love with it, it endears itself to the student body by beating up Blossom, but it's actually a baddie and the girls have to expose the evil naked horse lady and break Linton's heart to save his life.

At the end of it, he and Claire start dating.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I am totally taking the credit for calling this. I mean, it wasn't exactly a big leap, but I'm still taking the credit. :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Fried Chicken posted:

I can totally see her telling Daz because she has a crush on him

This is basically the correct answer. So far, we have three key elements:

Shauna has told a mega loving secret about her brother's arrest to a girl who she's trying to befriend, but isn't quite lock-tight with.

Blossom has a big crush on Daz, a chip on her shoulder against the whole world, and while she may not hate Shauna she really hates her friends.

Daz is in deep trouble due to circumstances involved with his arrest, and also was told by a friend that he needs to try dating younger girls.

My guess is that Daz, due to his mounting frustrations and keen inability to make good decisions, will flirt with Blossom. Blossom, head-over-heels for Daz, will confide in him Shauna's secret. Shauna will get the poo poo beaten out of her by her Chav-as-gently caress rear end in a top hat brother.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Ditocoaf posted:

Daz isn't exactly a good kid, but he doesn't seem the sort to beat up his little sister, even in these circumstances.

Let me reiterate:

Captain Bravo posted:

keen inability to make good decisions

But in all seriousness, I actually think that's what's going to happen. For one: This chapter started out with Blossom mauling another girl. Shauna headed her off at the pass with her trick in school, but I think her friendliness is what will come back around and bite her in the butt. Her beating at Blossom's hand will have just been deferred, not defused, and will end up being her own fault.

Also, Allison's been on kind of a tear lately with bad ends. Used to be you could fall in love with Alistair Cromley and get sent to hell, and everything would still work out in the end. But after Shelley being forced to give up her humanity and The Boy offing himself accidentally, Scary go Round seems a little less lenient to those who gently caress up lately.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Captain Bravo posted:

My guess is that Daz, due to his mounting frustrations and keen inability to make good decisions, will flirt with Blossom. Blossom, head-over-heels for Daz, will confide in him Shauna's secret. Shauna will get the poo poo beaten out of her by her Chav-as-gently caress rear end in a top hat brother.

Alright, so I guess it's more "Blossom, pissed off by Shauna blabbing her feelings to Daz, will confide in him the secret" but I'm still totally calling this once poo poo goes down. :getin:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Captain Bravo posted:

Shauna will get the poo poo beaten out of her by her Chav-as-gently caress rear end in a top hat brother.

You all called me crazy, said this would never happen. I totally loving called it, swish. :thurman:

Edit: But in all seriousness, I went back and looked at the strips again, and I don't think she has a black eye. In the one before that, you can see that discoloration around her eyes too, I think it's just eyeshadow or makeup or something. She's running because she turned and booked it once she realized Blossom blabbed her secret.

Double Edit: Gotta give props to DP for this, too:

Dangerous Person posted:

Man this wedding is gonna be the biggest clusterfuck.

We're about 60% there, can't wait to see what else goes wrong in the next few strips!

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Nov 24, 2015

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

It took me three reads to realize that's a Triangle - Square - Circle hovering over Linton's leg. :allears:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

My two cents are that Linton has forgotten the golden rule of testosterone-fueled teenage boys fighting over a girl.

The loser gets the girl. :unsmigghh:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Are you ready for my Lock of the Week prediction?

Claire runs over to Colm, because he's hurt. He confesses his true feelings, which she reciprocates. Linton gets pissed because he won, earning him scorn from everyone for treating claire like a prize to be earned.

He runs away, runs into Blossom, they connect and end up dating. Two weeks later, Linton and Blossom beat the poo poo out of the entire school. :black101:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Man, I've got the weirdest sense of relief/disappointment in being wrong about Shauna's chav brother. :confused:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

ronya posted:

:golfclap:

here's half a cookie. let's hope you don't get the other half

Man, if I'd just stop tossing in to my predictions that characters are going to beat the tar out of each other, I'd be batting 1000. :downsgun:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Look, if you give a man a break, you get paid today. If you push a man to do something illegal and go to jail, you get paid a shitton more when he gets out five years later and has even more interest on his original loan. :getin:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Leroy Dennui posted:

Regarding Daz's response to finding out what Shauna did, I think it'll probably end up in him cleaning out Amy's shop and trying to frame her for the crime.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

For those that bitch about Desmond, isn't that kind of the point? Like, I always read him as a send-up of nobility, or at least the modern version of it I.E. The Rich. He fucks everything up, everyone hates him, he continually teeters on the edge of disaster, but never gets a comeuppance. Even when he's not actually rich, and can barely feed himself, he still gets a free pass to be a completely horrible fishman being with no consequences and there's nothing you can do about it. Desmond Fishman is Ethan Couch, Donald Trump, and Walker Inman rolled into one disgusting abomination.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Wait, so how old is Daz' friend? Because Daz himself is barely older than a teenager. And this woman was in her twenties back in the day with Ryan and crew, so she's gotta be at least low thirties now, right?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Saoshyant posted:

Uh, Daz was already a teen in scary go round and he should be about eight years older than Shauna give or take, which means he's in his twenties now.

Oh jeez, I didn't realize that. That just makes Blossom's infatuation with him all the more sad. :(

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

What... what is this? A vision comes unbidden to my eyes! Shauna vents to Daz, explains how his rear end in a top hat move will cause the shop to close up. She explains that Amy doesn't have The Knack anymore. Daz realizes his friend has the knack, and a chance for redemption appears! Daz and Co. travel around the country, ferreting out priceless antiques and rejuvenating Amy's shop, all the while earning money to pay off his debt, and finally turning him into a productive member of society, and... dare I say it... a useful human being? :aaaaa:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Don't forget, when Amy had The Knack she found a set of china valuable enough for Lovejoy to burn down her shop and steal it to sell to the president of France. All it takes is one big score and Daz can get out from under Si Dixon's thumb in one fell swoop!

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Saoshyant posted:

Captain Bravo may have finally got a prediction correctly.

The trick was to not predict any violence. :pseudo:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Yeah, don't forget, this is coming right after Shauna was publicly disowned by her posh dad due to her working-class mom.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Spoken like someone who's never had a bratty little sister. :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Because Rich hits too close to home. In a comic with billionaire fishmen, The Queen of Hell, mad science, teenage mysteries, onion lads, and all other manner of fantastical beings and adventures, the most relatable villain is the normal guy who's just a bit of a wanker.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Wow. That has to be the single most efficient way to gently caress over almost every single person you know, without sleeping with anyone. I am in awe of just how loving terrible Rich is.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

"Unlikeable?!" Rich bumbles in the door and just keeps bumbling, sliding off around the room, bouncing against bookshelves. He bumbles into Tim's relationship, busting it up big time. You get the feeling he's trying to hit on all the female characters, but he's bumbling at such a high velocity you just can't quite make it out. As he finally commits a major party foul and bumbles out the window, you think you hear him exclaim "I'm the author-insert, that's what's so CRAZY about this" on the way down.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I can never keep track of it, but isn't there like an undercurrent of the British class thing, and Lottie is on top? Or something like that? Maybe she's finally letting that go to her head?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Rich? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

GOATY MAN!

I have to wonder, with the face Mildred is making there, and the... specific angle Allison draws the Satyr at, if he's going with the, let's say, "historical" mythology of the Satyr in this instance?

Is he saying that the goat man has a big dick?

• Locked thread