Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I guess these paranormal things are just going to be breeding out of control now that their natural predators, packs of meddling kids, have quit the scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I keep on getting tempted to read the old Scary Go Round archive, but when I go to read it, my brain can't keep track of anything. I can't tell any of the characters apart, and they keep dying and coming back to life.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There's already a crossover sort of thing going on between Girl Genius and Gunnerkrigg Court, might as well get all the other British webcomics.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcaHVJw79jo

SexyBlindfold posted:

I dig that apparently Blossom is going to be the Big Bad of this arc. "Angry, bitter nerd" is such an underused villain template.

Angry, bitter, buff nerd.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

What ever happened to Shauna's dad, anyways?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I feel like there's zero chance that this arc will be so mundane as a bully, a criminal, and an adolescent. There's got to be something weird to go in the mix, like a horrible spacebeast, a mystical artifact, or maybe they all switch brains or something.

This is the comic that once had a boy be punched into space and return as space-king, not Dawson's Creek or Archie.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Blossom also had friends back in that chapter. Friends who are absent in this chapter, possibly for Shauna-related reasons. Blossom's been simmering on her own for years, and now that she's come to a full boil, it's going to take a lot to stop her. I've been there. I never turned to violence or killed a man with pure surliness, but it's a bit much to expect all that anger to go away after just a few overtures of friendship.

Not to mention the fact that right after Blossom started to turn towards trusting Shauna, she caught Shauna discouraging a boy from her. You know, the thing that Shauna did the first time to give Blossom the grudge. Sure, Shauna has her reasons, but nothing that Blossom could see. When you're bitter and lonely, you latch onto things.

I hope things take a turn and the loanshark is revealed to be an Ettin who Blossom has to punch to death.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Every time I think I understand British culture, there's a whole nother dimension left that I don't understand left to figure out.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I wouldn't say no to Robert Cop.

Really, whatever comes next, I'm going to be followin it. John Allison's good stuff.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

As far as I can tell, the British act like there's only three classes when in practice it feels more like 6, because they have similar wealth-dynamics to America, just overlaid onto the remnants of the medieval system. So you have the rich aristocrats, poor aristocrats, upper-middle, middle-middle, lower-middle, and then the lower-class, and then there's various stereotypes and expectations of every rung that I can't really penetrate at all, and there's linguistic barriers between the big class rungs.

Whereas, from my American upbringing, I was taught from an early age about the "American dream" where class barriers can and should always be overcome, but not in like a communist way however that works, and even though that's not how it works, that's in the back of my head always when class comes around. I think over here in America we really try to downplay class dynamics as much as we can even though they're there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I keep wondering whether Lottie is just crazy or if there's actually really gnomes and fairies everywhere, and from the rest of Bad Machinery, there's absolutely no way to tell.

• Locked thread