Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
It is probably best not to scrutinize the continuity of prior Pa Beckwith encounters too closely, as making them jive would likely require dangerous quantities of amnesia dust.

I mean, didn't he run off to be some sort of hobo king or something when Ryan was much younger than he is now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

reignonyourparade posted:

That's not irreconcilable, after all Ryan mentions at the start of Expecting to Fly that Pa Beckwith "has been around lately."

Hm. I had been thinking "That was 20 years ago, Ma!" was a problem, but on closer inspection it seems only Ryan and Riley have seen him thus far, and Ma still has not. Carry on, then!

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
I'm beginning to suspect that for an alleged science reporter Erin has a very devil-may-bearcare attitude towards science.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
Remember Bad Machinery was specifically intended to be all-ages-friendly.

Then remember the time Natalie got murdered by elderly arsonists, or the time Ryan's comatose body was tipped into a dumpster by a shady doctor and salvaged by devil-nuns, or the time Erin got engaged to the devil and was literally dragged into hell and erased from living memory.

It's more a return to form than anything.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
That seems highly unlikely. The only central cast member I can remember dying for keeps is Rachel, and that's stretching the definition of "central" to include "was intended to be important and then vanished for ages after like one chapter."

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

howe_sam posted:

I'm assuming Lynx Africa is just British (or Allison-ese) for Axe body spray, right?

Also,

Wikipedia should have posted:

Axe (also known as Lynx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and People's Republic of China) is a brand of vile antiperspirant musk, owned by the British–Dutch company Unilever and marketed towards teenage boys and other mistake-makers.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
I was really leaning "Steve Jorbs enslaved by crazy AI that took over the moon or something" when this story started, but I will totally buy "software cult scam on behalf of alien taskmasters."

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
Facebook.

Relevant bits:

quote:

No, I said the characters would be back, I just said I felt that it had to be under a new banner of some sort because they're getting older. But I think I have enough names for my various comics. No more titles.

quote:

Robert Cop is still on the slate but will be moved to its own special, discrete area of the website for a "soft launch".

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
Aliens: still on the table.

And of course Jordan has a friend named Mungo.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
So it seems like our yet-to-intersect plot threads for this chapter are:
  • Blossom Cooper: Menace 2 Society
  • Daz Ruins Everything
  • Linton Hears a Hormone
My money's on "disastrous Linton > Blossom > Daz love triangle," but I have historically not been great at predicting where Allison's going with his setups.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
More recently, there was this not-at-all foreshadowy strip.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
I'd say 50/50 odds of redemption vs "you owe me, help me rob this store I took a real foreshadowy interest in."

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
You cannot destroy Desmond Fishman. He is the despair and sorrow of the world made manifest.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
He only allotted five weeks for it and, well,

John Allison on Facebook posted:

MORDAWWA enters its final week! I have precisely five comics to sew this story up, so I'd better get on with it! Things might get raw again! I don't know!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
The terrible thing about leaping back to new old new Bobbins is that we know how and when Rich dies, and it is not now.

• Locked thread