Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

I also re-read Fire Inside yesterday and I'm appalled I had forgotten completely that the old lady commits suicide at the end. That's a goddamn allegory on how we treat old folks: forgotten or mostly an after-thought. Just made me realize I haven't talked with my grandfather in several months.

All this time I thought she was another Selkie and was finally going back to the ocean :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

I haven't read the original Bobbins. What did Rich do that makes you all hate him so much? All I know about him is that he led that ill advised protest to save the bears in Bad Mach, and seems kind of sleezy in Bobbins. In terms of villainy he seems to be really low end by Scary go Round standards, so all the hate thrown his way confuses me.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Yeah he's not a good guy, and not someone I enjoy reading about, but there's a bunch of horrible people in this series. I just don't get why Rich has so much hate thrown his way.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Wow, I can see the justification for hate now.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Ryan wasn't at that bar though.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

I think Lottie is maybe a little cagey after seeing Shauna inexplicably (To Lottie) abandon her life for Blossom.

It's pretty inexplicable to me too. Blossom threatened to frame Shauna for murder at one point. I can't see anyone just forgetting about that. But apparently Shauna forgave it, or Allison forgot about it

Then there was all the bullying stuff at the start of the chapter where she was going around apparently terrorizing the school. And was all set to beat up Shauna for kicks, and only didn't cause Shauna preempted her insults.

Then, the very first time Blossom was mad at Shauna after becoming friends, she went and blabbed Shauna's biggest darkest secret to the person it would hurt most.

It just make no sense to me that Shauna would be able to forgive all that unless she's a saint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

I just assumed the other guys felt threatened by Bruno because he is big and hyper-masculine, and it made them feel self conscious. And since according to Amy he doesn't speak much, the image that formed in my head for the character was that of a large physically intimidating dude who's not very social.

It never even occurred to me that they didn't like him because of his working class job.

• Locked thread