Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Whimsy? When Shelley Winters is involved? So business as usual, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Autonomous Monster posted:

This would suggest that Shelley's entire adult life has been defined by the damage caused by her best friend's suicide.

That's, uh, that's a little depressing.

John Allison's works have never exactly been about puppies and sunshine. Unless they're demonic puppies using sunshine to spread skin cancer.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I remember reading a comment John Allison made in one of the print books of Scary Go Round that the reason he packed Tim off to Wales was because he's far too good at resolving the plot. If Tim becomes aware of shenanigans going down in Tackleford then he tends to get things sorted out pretty quick. That's why he was always going off to conventions or spending time mayoring, as ways to keep him out of the main story.

And for no particular reason, my favourite Ryan moment. I can't believe it's been over fifteen years since this one.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I'm ok with this. Bobbins to Scary-Go-Round was a big improvement, then Scary-Go-Round to Bad Machinery also worked out well. Whatever JA has in store for us after this upcoming Bobbins revisit is going to be good as well, I trust him.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
The Winters sisters together again. This can only end in shenanigans.

Not much of a stretch, I know. Shenanigans are a defining feature of Allison's comics, after all.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Rich. Wow, that takes me back. Wasn't Shelley sweet on him back in the day?

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Man, Len's gone grey. I wonder if he still lectures in Sexy Journalism?

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Bah, the last time John Allison killed Shelley it didn't stick. I think Jeff Rowland of WIGU et all knows what's going on.

I just realised I've been reading this stuff since Bobbins the first time around. :aaa: I'm feeling my age.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
That was satanic nun-era Ryan. His personal horror of being reunited with his special lady only to find she'd become something less than lovely.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I find it eminently plausible that Tim has a perimeter alarm, and that he has a button in his pocket so he can trigger it in the event of awkward 'feelings' moments.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
M-maybe it'll be a return to some Scary-Go-Round type afterlife adventures with The Late Boy? :ohdear:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
So now Shelly and Holly are going to go running out into the woods to possibly run across Erin and Eustace. Tim may or may not be following. I wonder if Allison is pining for the old Scary-Go-Round crew and is working to get them back together, or if he's just rounding them up into a single spot so he can kill them all off in one go and be done with it?

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Erin's going super-saitan! :haw:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
The time travel teapots worked perfectly. It's just Tim failed to secure them from Shelley and Amy.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Winters sisters loving reunion. D'aww. :3:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Yeah, I've been reading since the Bobbins era so I know I'm gonna have a hard time letting go of the Tackleverse, but Allison's more than earned my trust so I'm just gonna choke down the tears and do my best to approach whatever follows with an open mind.

Besides, going by Allison's prior track record at jettisoning old material, Shelley's gonna show up by the third story anyway.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Rich Tweedy died a blithering idiot stumbling in the wrong direction having misread the situation. How appropriate.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Shelley Winters' relationship status set to 'energetically enthusiastic'.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
A PC for Skyping with the dead? That's a very SGR-era Tim project. I always suspected Eustace would one day be his successor in the field of Tinkering With Mad Science.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
That's not Time Teapot style whimsically mad science at all! :stonk:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
They'll have Tim's knack for mad science and Shelley's gift for shenanigans and things will be awesome.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
A week off school. THE DREAM!

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I think Lynx was basically most guys first deodorant. That whole tongue-in-cheek "Women will be all over you" thing is very effective on adolescents who want to get the girls but have no idea how. Sure, it's obviously meant ironically and doesn't actually do that, but just imagine if it did...

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Roger Explosion posted:

This is a trap. This feels like a trap.

Hell of a way to close out the Bobbins-verse, shoot the girls into the sun.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
"Auto pilot requires missing plug-in."

The girls will find it with a quick google search and upload it into the spaceplane's memory via bluetooth. Not-Steve-Jobs will be undone by the user friendliness of his slickly designed software!

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Jackard posted:

Odds that this is all just a weird prank the eccentric rich guy keeps in reserve and the girls are actually in some sort of shuttle simulation?

:golfclap:

And to :toot: my own horn,

Wyld Karde posted:

Not-Steve-Jobs will be undone by the user friendliness of his slickly designed software!

The girls succeeded because of the inherent useability of the touch-screen interface. :smug:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Now I want to see Allison do a superhero comic. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I'm mildly surprised we don't have a :dreamworksface: emote on here. I suppose :shepface: is close enough.

• Locked thread