Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Bell_ posted:

The UK has skinheads, certainly, and correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that culture radically different from the supremacist bigots in the US?

Wait I thought most US skinheads were like super anti-racist anti-neo-nazi? Like militantly so? I remember hearing a lot about fights between the neo-nazis and skinheads because they hated each other so much, growing up...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Bell_ posted:

It might get a bit shaky-there's still Daz's debt

I'm always amazed loan sharks like get away with it in real life. You think they'd experience an "accident" of some sort sooner rather than later, considering the sort of circles they run and the people they must invariable piss off either directly or by messing with someone they know.

There's still time for him to get eaten by something terrible like a hell bear, though.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Fangz posted:

'Spite' is really a poor way to describe that situation.

Worth re-reading that part considering Blossom's POV. Shauna can really come off as a manipulative jerk, and what she's doing in that chapter is especially reflective of the current chapter.

http://scarygoround.com/?date=20110805

Uh... rereading that story just reminded me of how much of a manipulative jerk Blossom herself is.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

I actually felt kind of bad for Darren, as he was faced with the fact that life was just plain better for his family without him around. But nope! Just a dumb chav.

Except the reaction to something like this is very often to internalize the realization and cope with it by fulfilling the role that has been cast for you. He is someone who has no control over their life (prison, then loan shark) and has just discovered he was betrayed by the people closest to him. This reaction is pretty terrible but it could have been a lot worse.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Fangz posted:

I guess it's possible that this isn't Darren, you know. It could be the loan shark, or the neighbour with the weird beard (if he's a werewolf).

Considering "snitch" is written on the wall that seems unlikely.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

I love the music recommendations even if I hate like half of the actual recommended music and like maybe 2 or 3 albums total every year, because, well... I end up finding 2 or 3 new albums I like!

Courtney Barnett is pretty enjoyable to listen to.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Galvanik posted:

It just make no sense to me that Shauna would be able to forgive all that unless she's a saint.

She honestly seems like the type that would go in for the challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

What a horrible person.

• Locked thread