Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

zen death robot posted:

Ever since Mizzou got put in the SEC iev had to deal with assholes saying St. Louis is the south

Gross & hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

zen death robot posted:

Ever since Mizzou got put in the SEC iev had to deal with assholes saying St. Louis is the south

St Louis definitely has a southern vibe. Have you ever heard the St. Lunatics?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Jordan staal just died on the ice rip

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Fag Boy Jim posted:

The Shartinals are epic fail.

Nice Rivals.com pun. User loses posting privileges for 1 week.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

Something something ferguson

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
I'm gonna buy Eskimos season tickets next year I think theyre only like $99 or something retarded and its cool to go and get drunk at a game

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

They should take American Football players and put them on the ice and swap in hockey players on the gridiron for a season

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

Jordan staal just died on the ice rip

One steroid shot later he's back

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Widestancer posted:

They should take American Football players and put them on the ice and swap in hockey players on the gridiron for a season

I don't think that would be very good at all, actually.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
American football is a problematic as gently caress sport.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
This is my favorite part of the football season because it's when the Bengals are playing like a real team. In the coming months there will be 1: many small chokes leading to losses 2: lots of dumb luck leading to inexplicable wins 3: a major injury on an invaluable player 4: a major choke in the first game of the playoffs.

Being a Bengals fan is like being in a really terrible version of groundhog day except instead of bill murray it's marvin lewis

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
This is now the cricket thread.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

IceAgeComing posted:

Nice parachute account Knuc U Kinte

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Southern Hemisphere International Cricket Season is starting soon.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

IceAgeComing posted:

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
im trying to think of an "rear end effect" or "gayseball" style name for cricket but drawing a blank

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

It was 70 degrees out today and I'm at a NHL game

I am a Coyotes fan.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hoodrich posted:

im trying to think of an "rear end effect" or "gayseball" style name for cricket but drawing a blank

Cricket is way too badass to be mocked.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Dickett is all I can think of but what's wrong with dicks

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The other day I was laughing at this interview with the Aussies that played in Shane Warne's first test where he bowled the Ball of the Century and they all had a slightly different variation of saying Mike Gatting would have hit the ball if it was a pie because he's fat.

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

zen death robot posted:

St. Louis Cardinals are in the playoffs again :hehe:

they just keep winning. i moved from stl to the dirty south recently and it owns seeing all these cards fans. we will probably lose to the giants/nats tho. ho hum.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

You like cricket huh? well i bet you also like uh.... brick-et, thrown through your window and into your head. yeah i'll bet you love having violence done to you with bricks, because you love cricket.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Tremendous Taste posted:

It was 70 degrees out today and I'm at a NHL game

If it was 70 degrees outside you would be in mortal danger merely from leaving the air conditioned house.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

lesbian baphomet posted:

You like cricket huh? well i bet you also like uh.... brick-et, thrown through your window and into your head. yeah i'll bet you love having violence done to you with bricks, because you love cricket.

Cricketers are gentlemen and would be more likely to allude to having sex with your mum in a brutal burn that's picked up by the stump mic for all the world to hear.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hoodrich posted:

If it was 70 degrees outside you would be in mortal danger merely from leaving the air conditioned house.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

*steps out into air that's literally hotter than boiling water* Durrr, hey guys, I'm at a hockey game.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

do british people still use the word 'prick'? pricket kinda works, a sport for pricks to enjoy.

or something, whatever who cares, are there even people who care enough about cricket to truly hate it in the first place?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
St. Poois.

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

zen death robot posted:

i promise the heat and humidity will be back one of these summers

iirc from my posting spies you are west county scum anyhow. when are u gonna get legit?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hockey? More like Gay-ockey.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Homo-key.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Look at me I can't go outside in dry heat unless it's barely enough to make me sweat :mrgw:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hockey isn't a real sport. Cricket isn't a real sport. Baseball isn't a real sport. BAsketball isn't a real sport. Soccer isn't a real sport. Swimming isn't a real sport. Rugby isn't a real sport. Tennis isn't a real sport. Golf isn't a real sport.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

E sports bicth

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
E-Sports are the fast-paced competition that is appealing to my generation.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Hockey isn't a real sport. Cricket isn't a real sport. Baseball isn't a real sport. BAsketball isn't a real sport. Soccer isn't a real sport. Swimming isn't a real sport. Rugby isn't a real sport. Tennis isn't a real sport. Golf isn't a real sport.

the only sports are log rolling, drag racing and magic the gathering

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Widestancer posted:

E sports bicth

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Bring this poo poo at me again and it won't just be Beats by Ray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

anime gently caress pillow posted:

What about UFC

• Locked thread