Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

3 whole packets of powdered cheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Who

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
If you ever get the opportunity to jump in a black hole, be reasonable and avoid doing it no matter how cool it seemed in Ren and Stimpy

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

Dan ruined his eyesight as a kid by, for some reason, wearing glasses without needing glasses. He now can't see without glasses.

Despite having a minor degree in History, he was not aware of the multiple theatres of engagement in Africa during World War II. The East African Campaign (June 1940 to November 1941) and the North African Campaign (June 1940 to May 1943), for example.

Thought that figs were actually made of sticks and wondered why people ate them.

Until recently, Dan did not know of the existence, or purpose, of a Car Title and Car Registration despite owning a car since he was a teenager. This caused him great turmoil when he recently visited the DMV.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

If you ever get the opportunity to jump in a black hole, be reasonable and avoid doing it no matter how cool it seemed in Ren and Stimpy

Hawking said that in the moment when you cross the event horizon you can see all of time past and future in an instant why the gently caress would I not want to do that

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

Dan ruined his eyesight as a kid by, for some reason, wearing glasses without needing glasses. He now can't see without glasses.

Despite having a minor degree in History, he was not aware of the multiple theatres of engagement in Africa during World War II. The East African Campaign (June 1940 to November 1941) and the North African Campaign (June 1940 to May 1943), for example.

Thought that figs were actually made of sticks and wondered why people ate them.

Until recently, Dan did not know of the existence, or purpose, of a Car Title and Car Registration despite owning a car since he was a teenager. This caused him great turmoil when he recently visited the DMV.

This doesn't answer the question.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Benny D posted:

Hawking said that in the moment when you cross the event horizon you can see all of time past and future in an instant why the gently caress would I not want to do that

You'd be spaghettified long before you even reached the event horizon

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

a minor degree in what History

because like if he was focused on ancient greece then why would he know about world war 2

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

a minor degree in what History

because like if he was focused on ancient greece then why would he know about world war 2

everyone knows about world war 2

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

everyone knows about world war 2
i didn't even know there was a north africa

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

its the top part of africa

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

isn't that syria

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Dan Ryckert should have gotten himself accidentally killed several times over by now and is somehow still alive. His continued survival is a mystery and incredibly entertaining. The man is a modern Mr.Magoo.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

he mixes good 40 year old scotch with cola

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
dan is literally the only person on giantbomb that thinks mario sunshine is a good game, so he's ok by me

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Giant bomb sucks.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dan Ryckert can't go four sentences without compulsively referencing Pro Wreslting I love this man more than my own mother.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

everything he learnt is from a simpsons reference

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Video game journalist trivia. :whitewater:

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
GBEast's content has been really lovely compared to what has now amassed into Ryckert & Scanlon dot com.

RIP good Vinny content I guess

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

darealkooky posted:

dan is literally the only person on giantbomb that thinks mario sunshine is a good game, so he's ok by me

hes the only one who loves nintendo so i trust him

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
dan is funny and a good addition to the podcast :)

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Endorph posted:

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

This is my favourite pair of posts on Imp Zone yet.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

loves Waluigi

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

elf help book posted:

hes the only one who loves nintendo so i trust him
what about patrick klepeck though, he always used to be their token "defends nintendo" guy

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

PrBacterio posted:

what about patrick klepeck though, he always used to be their token "defends nintendo" guy

he doesnt count, as hes a turd

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Liquid Penguins fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 8, 2015

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

PrBacterio posted:

i use nopat

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

He also somehow graduate college without going to a good chunk of his classes due to laziness(?).

Dan thought egg whites were the shells so one time he dumped a bunch of eggs in the sink and tried to pan cook the shells.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Liquid Penguins posted:

he is best friends with a rapist
oh huh so are we unironically doing this gamergate thing now?

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

PrBacterio posted:

oh huh so are we unironically doing this gamergate thing now?

I was talking about max temkin you goober

no one cares about borderline lady

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Liquid Penguins posted:

I was talking about max temkin you goober
well Ive no clue who that is unfortunately so welp :shrug:

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Liquid Penguins posted:

dan is funny and a good addition to the podcast :)

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Dan gets his coolness from his dad, who smokes and drinks monster energy all day then eats a single meal at taco bell every night.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

one day dan is going to tell a story about how he watched a man choke to death on a mint candy but he would have lived if he wished for it hard enough.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
That one is probably part of his well-known list of "never talk about near a hot mic" stories

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
dan has a youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stulaFUwcgI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Dan gets to the bottom of modern gaming problems with rapper Riff Raff