Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
I can't eat orange foods and drink without thinking of Dan's Three-Packet-Nickelodeon story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Dan is pretty bad but they all are so he fits right in hth

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic3PU-1Tf18

Dan Ryckert is the king of games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

recent episode he talks about how he pukes whenever he drinks i.e. more than your average bulemic person. including once in a japanese taxi right before meeting swery (i think, maybe he said suda51) to talk about wwe wrestling. the fat guy was like "why are you drinking on the job, dan?" and dan said that this was a side project and therefore being totally wasted was fine.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dan Ryckert did nothing wrong

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Real hurthling! posted:

recent episode he talks about how he pukes whenever he drinks i.e. more than your average bulemic person. including once in a japanese taxi right before meeting swery (i think, maybe he said suda51) to talk about wwe wrestling. the fat guy was like "why are you drinking on the job, dan?" and dan said that this was a side project and therefore being totally wasted was fine.

dan is cool

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jackie D posted:

dan is cool

a greed

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Dan Ryckert unironically thinks that cooking is a waste of time when you have things like drive thrus. Also he thinks Taco Bell is literally the best food ever. He is the biggest autist on Giant Bomb and it's pretty great.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Verisimilidude posted:

Dan Ryckert unironically thinks that cooking is a waste of time when you have things like drive thrus. Also he thinks Taco Bell is literally the best food ever. He is the biggest autist on Giant Bomb and it's pretty great.

the rollercoaster video is proof that dan is too dumb for even jeff to keep up with any more

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
he really is the karl pilkington to giantbomb's ricky gervais

just wait until brad develops a high pitched hyena laugh

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
brad is too loving fat to laugh anymore

did you see him this week loving hell

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

brad is too loving fat to laugh anymore

did you see him this week loving hell

Broadly Shoemaker

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Please be nice to Brad Shoemaker he's my best friend.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
I took a selfie with brad on his birthday :3

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Great Joe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRJf8RbxYE8

Game Room and its quick looks are a microcosm of giant bomb.

i harbor great fantasies of game room making a comeback, but with a less lovely pricing model and way better library

my take on game room is

1) one free play per day on any game - not just one free play at all, forever, per account, which is loving stupid. this means you can participate in challenges sent by friends who own games you don't
2) games cost a dollar to own forever - all of them. go ahead and do a bundle deal where you save a dollar or two for buying a bunch of them at once; who cares. don't gouge motherfuckers wanting to play a 20+ year old atari game
3) just bend over backwards to get companies to license their games to you - you're microsoft. just go up to capcom, tell them to imagine the biggest number they can, and then write that number on a check and give it to them. you won't miss the money EVER
4) do the games with gold thing and give away one free game a month

oh wow a permanent community playing and enjoying oldass videogames they'd never otherwise bother with

how'd that happen

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
that but instead of 1 dollar to own the game forever it's 25 cents per token and 2-5 bux to own, theres no way you're convincing the shell companies of those old-rear end games to sell their game for a buck

the return of arcades in the virtual world, Cool rear end Gamers burning through games with pocket change

e: tbh i'd straight up buy an xbone if they managed to bring back the game room but also got those crazy japanese arcade games with scannable cards and poo poo, they totally could mimic that poo poo with the kinect

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 5, 2014

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i still cant believe how garbage the arcade selection they put out for game room was, wasn't sunset riders supposed to come out eventually, but they hosed up game room so hard that the service died out before they got to that game pack?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

i still cant believe how garbage the arcade selection they put out for game room was, wasn't sunset riders supposed to come out eventually, but they hosed up game room so hard that the service died out before they got to that game pack?

They got to, and released, the rest of that game pack. But sunset riders was never made available even after everybody who was still using gameroom (so, probably just Jeff) had already downloaded it

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Liquid Penguins posted:

I can't eat orange foods and drink without thinking of Dan's Three-Packet-Nickelodeon story.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

He is so precious

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Has Dan ever taken one of those internet food challenges? He seems like the kind of person that would.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Neurolimal posted:

e: tbh i'd straight up buy an xbone if they managed to bring back the game room but also got those crazy japanese arcade games with scannable cards and poo poo, they totally could mimic that poo poo with the kinect

please remember ps3's eye of judgement and also remember how much that ultimately sucked

augmented reality was neat for as long as hologram games and VR games were - the very first time you did them, and then it was near vertical vanishing returns

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Dan seems like the kind of guy who doesn't eat fruit and if he goes to a restaurant has to order from the kids menu/appetizer list to be satisfied.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Verisimilidude posted:

Dan seems like the kind of guy who doesn't eat fruit and if he goes to a restaurant has to order from the kids menu/appetizer list to be satisfied.

Please don't nugshame.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Dan Ryckert at a restaurant

"Can I get a kids' menu please? Thanks. Hmmmmmmmmmmm, I'll have the MAc N' Cheese and could you add three times as much cheese to that? I'm going to the bar later. Thanks"

*takes out velcro wallet to pay and plays with the velcro while the waiter gets his change*

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
glad i'm too loving old and uncool to know who the gently caress dan ryckert is

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

matrix ripoff posted:

glad i'm too loving old and uncool to know who the gently caress dan ryckert is

Don't worry, he will be dead soon. this is a man that throws hot food into the freezer because he cooks like 6 whole chickens every week for himself at the same time and then defrosts them in a really unsafe way

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]
giant bomb is cool. i thought dan was super annoying but i'm coming around on him. thanks for reading my post and have a good night

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
dan must be a loving genius to survive how stupid he is, it's amazing

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax
Dan Ryckert is the ultimate games journalist.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

dan is a beautiful man. we should all be more like dan, just not in our diet or drinking habits.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I'm surprised he didn't kill himself by drinking seawater while telling all the Californians around him what the hell is wrong with you look at all this water stop having a drought

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Dan was roofied by his mother in 2007

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Matthew Rorie takes 3 showers a day.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Dan ryckert wanted to be a cop because he was watching 24 and thought jack Bauer was cool

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Dan's great, just really stupid. The podcast is so much better with him on it, everyweek a new chapter is added to his saga of insanity.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Dan thinks drugs are bad. He's mad that all drug users aren't arrested. Jeez cops get with it!

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Dan is pretty much what the rest of the world thinks americans are like, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

well no, hes not fat, just dumb