Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Wormskull posted:

Do they have patrick because the fans needed an absolutely braindead sentimental story gaming wimp to really get on board or something.

Their previous "writer" Brad Nicholson was such a fuckin worthless troglodyte that they felt compelled to try and make a big effort to improve that facet of the site but made a big mistake by giving Patrick top billing and putting him in front of the cameras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Butt Ghost posted:

actually I think I remember this. there was a big stink when they did not hire zoe. I read this from the last Gamers.txt thread, maybe?

It wasn't necessarily Zoe, but rather there were a couple of loud individuals who rolled their eyes at Dan getting hired and were briefly really vocal about it because all they saw was "another straight white male" instead of a just rad person well suited for the job. It was all pretty minor and blew over really quickly anyway.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I was gonna say at least good on him for finally shaving before noticing the date.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Jesus I can't believe it lasted for four years

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Giant Bomb is the only video game website worth a poo poo and it's full of knowledgeable and funny guys who also generally happen to really frequently have terrible taste in games so my solution was to not listen to or watch any of the game of the year material.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

Man, Dan loving kick's Jeff's rear end at tetris and puyo puyo.

Pre-Dan Giant Bomb has a long history of being shockingly terrible at arranging colorful falling objects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Kessler was funny because he's a weird motherfucker.