Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Liquid Penguins posted:

I can't eat orange foods and drink without thinking of Dan's Three-Packet-Nickelodeon story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dan went into AOL chatrooms and said Adam Sandler was dead to see who would believe him.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I think I'm a few weeks behind but Dan pretty much just said gently caress Ice Climbers and does not lament their absence from new Smash.

Good opinion.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

so I just listened to the goty debate and I gotta say I like the part where they (brad?) poo poo on Mario Kart 8 citing reasons like "it's just another entry in the series with minor changes" yet had no issue putting CoD#whatever at like 5th place despite it having the exact same faults

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Liquid Penguins posted:

this followed by 2 ironic hours of brad yelling about how destiny isn't garbage

"but I had fun with it after 20 hours"

Also I like when he acknowledged that it took a double drop event or something to redeem it for him.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jan 13, 2015

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I mean "its not as poo poo as the one before it" kinda doesn't seem like a big deal? Not to mention didn't Titanfall pretty much do similar moment stuff? Granted titanfalls shortcomings are that it has no campaign, and a rather limited amount of weapons/unlocks.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTatkYU8wJQ

I don't care for sports games but this is probably my favorite best of GB Ive watched so far.

I can appreciate a baseball game that lets you nail the batter.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

This week on Giant BadOpinioncast: Majora's Mask is a bad game.

Dan pros: He likes Majora's Mask and thinks it's a great game

Dan cons: He thinks music/rock with fantasy themes and fake poo poo like "satan" is dumb, and prefers music about real things like "dudes drinking and poo poo"

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Fantasy-based "epic" metal is the worst rear end on earth, although extremely satanic metal is kind of cool.

Blind Guardian is fantasy as heck and is rad as hell, hth

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

lmao @ Dan's "Nerds Beer"

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

on the topic about dudes who are into fighting games and not jaded as poo poo about video games, the super best friends have a pretty good podcast!

Verisimilidude posted:

Dan regarding RE1: I know you only get so many inventory slots but I want to carry literally everything I don't need at all times and therefore it's a bad mechanic.

He's right, inventory juggling sucks. Limited inventory is good at forcing you to make choices about what to carry and adding tension, but if it literally just fuels the player to do tons of back tracking or swaping things in out of a stash, it's pretty dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dan running around a golf course in the poring rain was a funny story.

Dan defending Majora's Mask :patriot:

How can these people hate Majoras Mask so much.