Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I liked to watch quick looks a long time ago but then they got boring and nobody enjoyed any games (might have happened when the extremely obese guy died? I'm not sure.) I recently watched some with this Dan fellow, and I like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Also his voice is funny.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

He's the only thing that made quick looks barely watchable again. Dan has saved giantbomb

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I just wanna ask, are there people who really hate this good man?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rexicon1 posted:

Dans a loving idiot who is ruining the earth

Greetings, Dans

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

What are some good Ryan videos to watch

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I watched the videos and he was deffo a cool guy to be around.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rannos22 posted:

Brad used to be a lot worse before Ryan died and he got fat.

Hmmm... maybe hes being slowly possessed by Ryan

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Is Horus like, an actual figure in egypt?

Oh so he comes back to life, like Big Boss right?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

He was all like heh thats how u kno im makin a difference :smug: when he discovered nopat but you can tell he was amazingly butthurt

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Skeleton King posted:

its funny because he thinks that people made the extension because he's saying really powerful things in service to women and minorities in gaming that bigots don't want to see rather than just being completely loving insufferable

I was laughing at his reaction but actually using the addon sounds gay as hell too

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

patrick tries to join in with his human being laugh but fails, strokes beardpubes instead

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

dan's list posted:

I work in an office filled with people that seem to be immune to Mario Kart’s (and Smash Bros.’, and Mario Party’s…) undeniable charm, but that hasn’t diminished my enthusiasm for this fantastic eighth entry.

this is unbelievably hosed up, i'm glad dan is there as a voice of reason

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I understand where you're coming with Dota 2 completely, Brad. I am nearing my 2000th match with Dota 2 and I will likely go well beyond that over time. The game is incredibly rewarding once you actually understand all the moving parts. It's the steep learning curve that is off-putting for most because they are used to instantaneously being able to master games because they are so straight-forward and don't have so many mechanics that work in tandem, each as crucial as the next.

Dota 2 rewards players who understand all of those moving parts and how they each affect one another. The game is about executing on a micro and a macro level. You need to be able to play effectively, but also be reactive, you are reliant on your team, you have to... yeah, you could go on and on about it. Solid title and a great inclusion on the list.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Tender Bender posted:

I haven't listened yet, are they seriously kicking around dota2? Isn't that a 2013 game? And they pretty explicitly told Brad last year that he was the only one who played it and it being on the list at all was good enough.

It's worth not having to deal with cranky brad

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i don't know but i thought he wrote his list in a way that was funny, so he's okay to me.

same with jenn franks, idk who she is but she wrote funny things.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

This is how he knows hes making a difference. he can finally retire

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

haunted bong posted:

lmao white people

don't be racist here in the impzone

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Videogames are fun, IMO

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

If one of the giant bomb guys die on the toilet, their drama would have surpassed that of George RR Martin.

Right now the tale of Fat Brad at Snackburger and the ongoing storyline of what GOTY is the most GOTY hasn't really kept me that enthralled.

jesus christ

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

dude no

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Gamers: :gas:
*Patrick regains consciousness in kotaku offices*

he has finally...

gone home

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

he's spawning more Langs in little eggs on his cheeks.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Dan clowned everyone at Sportsball. This boy's a natural.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

"I loved it when he left"

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Why was tetris beard guy so smug, he some kinda tetris sage or what

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Psycobladder posted:

Get this fat shaming out of here, where's the Rotund Illuminati when you need them?!

Do not mock the Obese Brotherhood

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Brad is turning into an Ewok.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Judge Ito Boxing posted:

Same but with Dan's raspy Billy Quizboy voice

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

"This PPV is just another event full of bad Metroid jokes"

speaking of metroid I liked what I saw of axiom verge. Jeff even gave it 5 stars and seemed almost happy about life, and games.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Is Brad like, super friends with Patri... I mean Scoops?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

DGib posted:

its not even a nice shirt

Well maybe he likes it. Cant a guy just... wear his shirt in peace

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Fishing Controller is the real way to play fightin games.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

i like brad

Why wouldn't you?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

"I'll go back to DOTA"

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

the new giant bomb guy wrote 100000000000 words about Minority Perspectives in Gaming.

I dunno,

quote:

I’m waiting for 5PM to hit so that I can finally close my 3DS. I’ve been ‘tanning’ my avatar in the latest entry of Nintendo’s long running Animal Crossing series, New Leaf. I put ‘tanning’ in scare quotes because the method doesn’t match my intention. Yes, I’m doing the the thing the game calls tanning, but my objective isn’t just darkening my avatar’s skin tone, it’s being able to see in the screen what I see in the mirror.

seems reasonable.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Duck game seems real fun

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Brad new look, insane. Brad cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Anyone have a pic of that moment at e3 when they announced some destiny stuff and Brad couldn't hide his excitement

He was just so happy