Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Dan thinks drugs are bad. He's mad that all drug users aren't arrested. Jeez cops get with it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

I wonder if Hollow Knight is going to get any props this year. It's probably my GOTY (and maybe my favorite Metroidvania ever), and I was a little bummed that no one gave it a shot except Alex, the dude who doesn't like Metroidvanias. I think Abby might have played a bit of it?

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

I don't think Zelda is going to get much love from anyone aside from Dan. He was the only one to finish it, and as the year has gone on, it seems like the staff wide enthusiasm for it has decreased. It feels like Horizon may even have more universal support than Zelda.

Even Dan has said that Zelda is a better game than PUBG, but PUBG is more representative of 2017. I can't think of another game that has more support on the staff than PUBG. Abby is the only person I can think of that didn't like it, but she wasn't ever able to play it off stream, and came onto the staff well after everyone else had already caught the bug. I think she would have liked it a bit more had she have had the chance to play it at home and learn the intricacies a bit better. She tended to play it like it was Destiny.

gently caress, I know way too much about a bunch of random internet people's videogame preferences. What am I even doing anymore

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Dec 13, 2017

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

I think the praise for both of them was a little too effusive. They are both cool games, but a lot of Zelda's shrines are kind of lovely and its combat isn't the best. I just played through a bit of the Zelda DLC and I had forgotten how poor that game runs. Both Mario and Zelda are tedious collect-a-thons at their worst. Mario was frustrating because it would introduce a cool idea, and then not doing anything with it (the VVVVVV style 2D platform bit comes to mind). A lot of that game feels like filler to me.

I enjoyed them both, but they are not the two best games of all time, as some would have you believe.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Expect My Mom posted:

hollow knight is the best game released this year

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

I like the Waypoint dudes and dudettes but a lot of their short pieces are under-developed clickbait, and they make the site feel more like a blog than a ~serious gaming criticism repository~

That Prey headline could easily be works-hopped into an Onion op-ed

Also I don't like Patrick's voice when he talks loud.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

I just started today's extra life stream, and watching Brad play Getting Over It is a pretty classic Brad being bad at games moment. Jason is repeatedly asking, "Can you pogo?" which Brad continually ignores and doesn't try. Lolz

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

I just realized that none of the souls games or bloodborne have made their sitewide top-10 list, which is pretty funny to me, and also a good reminder that GB collectively has bad taste in games.

This will be even funnier when Nioh somehow makes the top ten this year.

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

CoD is a way better series than BF.

If we're talking single player campaigns, I'd agree with you (though COD is still not great).

BF's multiplayer is so much better though (unless you are a 13 year old with ADD)