Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Yesterday Brad was talking about November sales and Dan had to remind him that the Wii U existed. Brad couldn't bother looking up numbers and just said they were probably bad while insisting for some reason that Mario Kart had only sold a million copies and also that 3D World was basically the same as the DS game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Dan Didio posted:

They were bad, though.

I spent ten seconds googling it out of curiosity and found that it had its strongest week of sales since the console's launch, which you'd think would be worth mentioning.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

It still blows my mind to find out that people care about this even a tiny bit.

I mean I personally don't care about sales but the topic was "sales numbers" and he followed up by writing off 3D World. I just started listening to them but Brad seems to be the worst opinion haver

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I listened to last year's goty stuff. Brad's lack of self awareness is amazing, he gets everyone to drop Mario 3D World despite Alex's protests, but then whines like a baby that loving DOTA isn't #1 or 2, to the point where they have to tell him "You are literally the only one of us who plays this" to shut him up and he pouts because it ends up "only" 5 or 6 or something.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Someone said The Last of US was GOTY so I bought the PS4 version since it was 20 bucks at gamestop

I blame giant bomb if anything goes wrong especially for a game that won over 200 goty awards.

Also why does every Zombie game begin in the south? We haven't had a zombie game in a major metropolitan area since resident evil 3.

I mean it looks like a good third person story game but it was pretty MODERN GAMING in the goty podcast when after hours of discussion one of them said "so do I have to be the one to bring up that it loving sucks to actually play?" and everyone laughed in agreement and proceeded to declare it GOTY.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Brad Shoemaker, after eating 2lbs of roast beef at lunch: Strickly speaking, Dota 2 has made the most changes thus year. ANd as such, I deserve a slice of peacan pie.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I haven't listened yet, are they seriously kicking around dota2? Isn't that a 2013 game? And they pretty explicitly told Brad last year that he was the only one who played it and it being on the list at all was good enough.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Verisimilidude posted:

Brad is annoying during these talks because it seems like he's willing to put a game on a list simply because he likes it and his fight for said game gets tiring quickly. Like Brad's list would consist of nothing but DOTA2 and Destiny if he could get away with it.

Yeah I just started listening recently but I did go back and listen to last year's GOTY stuff because I have a longass commute and I hate Brad because of this. Everyone else has games that they're like "Well I really like this, it's my personal favorite, but I understand you guys don't so it doesn't have to be on the group's list". But Brad is just a big whiny baby who burbles about how he can't budge and you can feel everyone just kinda awkwardly working around that because I guess it's not worth provoking a tantrum from him.

Blackheart posted:

It's worth not having to deal with cranky brad

But like what's the reasoning, why not give goty to alpha centauri then.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The secret of Giant Bomb is that Alex is the worst to listen to but actually has good opinions.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

slingshot effect posted:

i like the goty podcasts but holy poo poo, hours of brad sulking about destiny was unbearable.

brad 'bad taste' shoemaker

I was listening to the first one on the way to work this morning and during the graphics part I thought "Brad actually isn't that bad when one of his pet games isn't in the conversation". Then he brings up Destiny out of nowhere and spends like five minutes gurgling about the weapon designs and how "each planet has fully realized aliens" or whatever while Jeff is like "Uh-huh, hmm, yeah" and everyone else is just completely silent hoping it just blows over. It doesn't.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Oh another great moment in Bread history is when he dismissed Mario Kart 8's graphics as just a better looking version of Mario Kart Wii, and then goes on to vehemently argue in favor of the GTA V rerelease.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

As I go deeper into the GOTY podcasts I respect how Giant Bomb accurately represents the overall gaming population by making sure only like two of them play any Wii U games.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm pretty sure the Best Music segment with Jeff playing random ten-second snippets of Tropical Freeze's soundtrack from his phone while going "lol what is this Disney garbage" was just there to troll me specifically.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

*in a low stern tone as if scolding a dog* There is absolutely no reason this thread should not have been named the Brad Shoemaker DOTA Zone. I will not give in to this Lang tomfoolery and I am prepared to argue the point for the next 37 hours.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jan 8, 2015

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I don't read stuff on the site and I'm new to giant bomb in general but I liked Patrick because he was actually enthusiastic about games. Jeff just hates everything and Brad seems to like games but it's just a front to bring the conversation around to DOTA/Destiny. Dan is cool too.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

so I just listened to the goty debate and I gotta say I like the part where they (brad?) poo poo on Mario Kart 8 citing reasons like "it's just another entry in the series with minor changes" yet had no issue putting CoD#whatever at like 5th place despite it having the exact same faults

Jeff was the one loudly screaming about Mario Kart every single time it was brought up. He had Call of Duty as his personal #1.

Also his complaint about Smash Bros was that it's just a chaotic mess and "no one" can tell what's happening which is basically "I'm bad at the game" and I dunno why no one called him on it.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

LINK IS NOT A SMALL BUSINESS MAN

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

What about the recent one where they dared Dan to lick up a snail trail and clarified that they meant mucus from an actual snail, not "the gross kind".

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

This week on Giant BadOpinioncast: Majora's Mask is a bad game.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Every time Brad tries to talk about Destiny they should just drown him out by playing back his moan from this podcast when he learned about Bacon Jerky.

Flanky posted:

I like this podcast better when it is not polluted by Jeff's major neg vibes

Seriously, they were able to talk about Majora's Mask for five minutes without Jeff screaming "IT'S A BAD GAME!" every thirty seconds. It was p. cool.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

That's hilarious because in the latest podcast Brad made a point of saying he's learned that Mario Party is bullshit so this year he's just going to not give a gently caress and have fun.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I've never actually played a pen and paper rpg before but I can already tell that Brad is the worst kind of person to play one with

I liked them talking about fun and interesting stuff you can do in d&d for five minutes and then Jeff chimes in with "I DON'T LIKE D&D, NOTHING ABOUT IT APPEALS TO ME."

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

BRAD: [Eyebrows raise.] Oh my God! [Dead silence.] Someone just sent me the patch notes for Dota 2! [Dead silence.] Apparently, they're going to add Xbox 360 controller support!

JEFF: Uhh... Okay.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Hey how was your guys Valentine's day?
*Jeff complains about the food for five minutes, no one else has anything to contribute*

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It would help if Dan would describe how the 3-day thing is a cool feature that expands gameplay options, or how densely populated the world is with tons of unique sidequests, instead of just saying "But it's so weird and dark!" over and over.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lol if when Dan started saying "I thought everyone agreed Resident Evil 4 was great, but..." you didn't know he was about to say Jeff hated it.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I can't believe it took me this long to understand that Jeff's miserable personality is because he is forced to play videogames for a living but he's terrible at them. It's some real Monkey's Paw bullshit. Forced to fumble through game after game while all he can think is "I was good at Donkey Kong when I was 12."

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lol if you perceive audio/visual stimuli and can retain it to recall at a later time.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

"Ugh, Vinny again?! Where's my Jeff, Brad, or Dan content?"
- poo poo that someone actually thought unironically.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Fumaofthelake posted:

That doesn't make it less lame. When I thought a fan had made a giant Dan head it was kinda neat. When I figured out Dan had made a giant Dan head it just seemed really stupid.

Someone having a giant picture of their own head is way cooler than some random person having a giant picture of Dan Ryckert's head.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Why does the giantbomb consensus seem to be that Snake Eater is the worst MGS, I thought that was the one that had the most universal appeal?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

How the gently caress have they been talking about new guitar hero for like twenty minutes before mentioning that it'll apparently also be on phones and tablets which is like the only interesting or noteworthy thing about it.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Vinny is so much better at talking about videogames than anyone on the regular podcast.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Mr. Pumroy posted:

you're not wrong i enjoyed his analysis of what he disliked about the mechanics of broken age.

Yea that was what prompted my post, he was talking about a game I knew nothing about and don't care about but I found it interesting. And then Jeff would chime in with "YEAH, I PLAYED IT FOR A COUPLE HOURS AND IT WAS LIKE, WHATEVER."

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Skeleton King posted:

jeff is afraid to admit he smokes weed because he doesnt want to influence the 15 year old GB fans and also brad

They spent like ten minutes of the last podcast reading an advertisement for meth as a videogame PED and followed it up with "but it's bad so don't do it". Also "it's not all fun like on your tv show Breaking Bad" which is a funny way to find out none of them watched breaking bad.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

What's vinny's podcast called?

Last week's Bombcast was pretty good, there was a solid 40 minutes or so about Witcher 3 that was pretty interesting and Jeff was gone.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Brad Shoemaker: "I uninstalled Destiny from my PS4 yesterday. I don't want to talk about it. I had a dark, dark moment with that game."

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Jeff: "They shouldn't make any more Metroid Primes ever, three was enough!"
*talks about the cool new features in the next Call of Duty*

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 24, 2015

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

MinorLeagueAllstar posted:

Jeff just has really weird opinions that he never bothers to explain well. Dude hated Super Metroid. I mean, come on.

I think there's a list on the wiki of all the good games Jeff inexplicably hates.

He didn't like Metroid Prime or Resident Evil 4 because they don't control like shooters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Five episodes in and the Beastcast continues to be insanely better than the Bombcast.