Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I always got the impression that if someone wasn't involved in creating content they pretty much didn't know dick about it unless it got talked about on the Bombcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I kind of let my mind wander during podcasts fairly often so I wish when they were done talking about something they would say the name of it again. Like "ok that's everything for Game X, moving on."

Unrelated: What was the name of the game they were talking about that was like a Metroidvania where you don't get health back in save rooms? Was it Ori and the Blind Forest? I had the patience to try and figure it out myself but not the patience to re-listen to that part of the podcast.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Wormskull posted:

He also had a Air Force Gator one and one of his head on the back of a cutout of Sting's head.

Yeah I thought it was kind of cool that someone had a cutout of Dan's head until I realized it was loving Dan himself. What an rear end.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

That doesn't make it less lame. When I thought a fan had made a giant Dan head it was kinda neat. When I figured out Dan had made a giant Dan head it just seemed really stupid.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I think you guys turned me around on the sign fwiw (it's worth nothing).

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I'll take "fat Dota" Brad over "my Public Speaking presentation is today, hope I get at least a B-" Brad.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

elf help book posted:

Laugh, and grow fat!

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

If someone made a Kickstarter campaign with the goal of paying someone to go through all the Bombcasts and remove all the video game chat (leaving just everyone bullshitting around), I would pledge five or perhaps more dollars.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Wormskull new #1 favorite poster

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

A Patrick Klepek think piece on the origins of the Trollface Meme appeared in my Deadspin RSS feed today.

goddamn son

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

How the gently caress have they been talking about new guitar hero for like twenty minutes before mentioning that it'll apparently also be on phones and tablets which is like the only interesting or noteworthy thing about it.

Because Jeff still plays Atari in his free time.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

he killed my dog

Yeah but did he eat it?

Guess not
VVVVVVVV

Fumaofthelake fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Apr 18, 2015

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

It's funny cuz invariably Jeff has given some lovely game like a 4 or 5 out of 10 and Dan is nodding in agreement saying stuff like "oh yeah, that game was TERRible. I think I only gave it like a 7 and a half" and they always gloss over the discrepancy.

There was at least once instance where Dan said something like that and Jeff replied "7 and a half is a good score" and Dan just kind of mumbled.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

elf help book posted:

that happened just yesterday

If it was literally yesterday, it must happen occasionally.

Also lol at Brad talking about Jak 2 on the Bombcast this week. When he dies, St Peter is going to make him watch that Gamespot video.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Wormskull posted:

In game as Storm I accidentally made it so I just walk into a room and every breakable object explodes and all the bad guys start getting blasted by lightning so she's pretty epic.

Pretty sure they nerfed her and she's still that good.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I finally caught up to be mostly current on Superbestfriend cast and it's really funny to hear what they say about a game vs what the GB guys said about it. The bitter cynicism of GB is even more obvious if you listen to a second set of grown men talk about video games, except they actually seem to like them.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Do you think games journalism follows the one drop rule?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

the new giant bomb guy wrote 100000000000 words about Minority Perspectives in Gaming.

Better than the guy with the lovely white boy fro I guess.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

MinorLeagueAllstar posted:

xavier woods Austin Creed's youtube channel is really bad.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Humphrey Vasel posted:

I wonder if they'll poo poo on iron galaxy for apparently loving up the pc arkham game

They'll mention it and Jeff and/or Brad will make an excuse about budgets and deadlines.

gently caress Dave Lang.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

Five episodes in and the Beastcast continues to be insanely better than the Bombcast.

It's crazy how much better Austin is than Patrick.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Two Best Friends has a Let's Play of Deadly Premonition that is OK.

I mean the game is still slow and terrible but they do alright with it.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

drew is definitely the most fuckable

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

I think Dan should have his prostate looked at.

Pretty sure that's the next "Dan and his family of dolts" podcast

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Yakuza 1 and 2 is kinda like the early career of John Cena, then in 3 they put the belt on Daniel Bryan but he gets injured so you play grumpy John Cena in a Hawaiian shirt coming back to beat up all the heels (you are a tweener).

3 was the first one on PS3 and has pretty extensive videos you can watch from the start menu explaining the events of 1 and 2.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

The Milkman posted:

i remember fondly the day I picked up my yakuza 3 preorder and got the gamerly nod of approval from the 'stop clerk

I remember with scorn the day I bought a new copy of Phoenix Wright instead of used so I could have the case and manual and the Gamestop clerks both made fun of me even though it was like a $2 difference.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i got carded buying my PS4 ffs

Probably so you wouldn't make bombs with it

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

"like?"

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Xavier Woods would be enormously epic sheerly because he plays a bad version of the FF fanfare on his trombone during wrestling matches but he also uses the trombone as a weapon and throws it exactly like a final fantasy character would in a Ps1 or 2 game and this isn't just me being a LOL teh random about it, it's actually heartwarming how much of a FF fanboy he is. But, he also has the best list. Awesome, simply awesome.

A few weeks ago he was at the announce table during a match and one of the regular announcers called one of the masked Mexican guys by the wrong name and Woods viciously yelled at him to get it right. It was pretty great and woods is pretty great.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

It's funny how bad Brad seems to be at Destiny. One of the guys who made the game had to help carry him through the raid.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Jeff arguing from a place of optimism and hope regarding Fallout 4 made me really confused.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I'd like to share a box of pocky and some hi-chew with Austin and maybe watch Gurren Lagann or Madoka

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Split screen coop EDF afterwards

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Sharkopath posted:

Vinny editing PREVIOUSLY ON... segments in the kerbal space program videos is super cool and im glad hes doing it

Last time, on DRAGON BALL V

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Ready for burnt out, cynical Austin in GOTY 2020 podcasts.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Zaggitz posted:

That dude also died, fwiw.

wtf can someone elaborate on this?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I'm legit jealous of Vinny's A+ dad joke game

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Skeleton King posted:

lol, so thats why he didn't invite patrick

Totally

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Tucked-In T-Shirt posted:

And the dark zone loot extraction gimmick is really tense and satisfying. I wish the whole game was the dark zone and not just the one area.

The first time I played DZ there were like 5 of us taking out a bunch of mobs. When we called in the chopper some rogue agent tried to roll in and we all shredded him to pieces. I was still a little concerned since I was the lowest level guy there but ultimately we all just stashed our stuff no problem.

The second time I played DZ it was me and one other guy taking out some mobs. When the chopper got called in we hid against cover on opposite sides of the square. I could tell we were both aiming at the other guy's head just in case. We also both threw out our auto turrets (don't do anything to another player unless you go aggro first). It was a really cool and tense moment where we're both thinking "this guy could really ruin my poo poo I have to be ready for him."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

ArfJason posted:

it probably has everything to do with playing it in like 2006 way after it was as impressive to see ships flying all over and a squad chattering to you

i mean its fine it just didnt grab me like uhhh omega boost

I love Omega Boost but I'm very bad at it